By Ginger Labs
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Apple's Mac App of The Year! Recognized by Apple as the Best Selling Paid Productivity app in 2015, 2014, and 2013!
Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and PDF annotation.
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to take notes, sketch ideas, annotate PDFs, mark-up photos, record lectures, provide audio feedback and more. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note taking experience at school, at home, and at work. And with iCloud, your notes are always up to date.
SAVE TIME WITH iOS 9 FEATURES
- Multitasking with Notability enables you to take notes while you research, read a text book, or watch a lecture, on select iPads.
- 3D Touch on iPhone 6s makes it faster than ever to create, preview, and open notes.
- Spotlight Search helps you find and open recent notes.
- Handwrite and sketch with beautiful ink.
- Write smoothly and quickly with zoom-writing.
- Automatic Palm Detection on iPad allows you to write naturally with your hand on the screen.
- Notability has been fine-tuned for Apple Pencil and iPad Pro giving you the most responsive, precise writing experience yet.
- Notability includes full-featured typing with a wide range of fonts, sizes, and colors.
- Outlines and text boxes help you quickly capture and organize ideas.
- Highlight typed text.
- The typing UI is uniquely designed on iPhone, iPad, and Mac for the best typing experience possible.
IMPORT AND ANNOTATE PDFs
- Highlight, Copy & Paste, Speak, Define and Search PDF text.
- Mark up lecture slides and meeting agendas or complete class assignments.
- Fill-out, sign, and send PDF forms.
- Import doc and ppt files with the help of Google Drive.
- Import webpages from the browser with the Share Extension.
AUDIO RECORDINGS: REVIEW AND GIVE FEEDBACK
- Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
- Notes automatically link to recordings, so during playback, you can watch your notes animate along with the recording, or tap them to get to the spot that needs clarifying.
- Teachers can also use these features to provide audio and handwritten feedback to students.
ALL ELECTRONIC WORKFLOW
- Create a paperless classroom -- handout and collect assignments via the cloud.
- Speed-up feedback to students and colleagues using Notability.
- Complete, sign, and share documents in Notability.
ORGANIZE AND SHARE NOTES
- Create subjects and simply drag notes into them.
- Share your notes via email, AirDrop, printer, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box and more.
- Retrieve recently deleted notes from the trash.
- iCloud automatically syncs all of your notes to iPad, iPhone, and Mac.
- Dropbox, Google Drive, or Box, can be used to backup your notes in PDF format and are great for archiving or recovery.
We hope you enjoy using Notability, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
What's New in Version 6.3.0
- New Summer Theme in settings.
- Localization for Traditional Chinese.
- Speak function now works for all languages.
- More Apple Pencil improvements.
- Dropbox authentication fix.
- Bug fixes.
If you're enjoying Notability, we'd appreciate it if you took the time to leave us a review, thanks!
Good but crashing
The app gets 4 stars because there's really nothing better out there at this point and the Apple Pencil works very well; however, when you start layering pictures or try to export a larger annotated PDF, the app crashes. I'm a medical student and not knowing whether an unknown # of annotations is going to disappear is very disconcerting and undermines my willingness to rely on the app. Maybe a higher powered more expensive version of the app would be helpful. Also, the file export of a selected page range is very tedious because you must scroll through and locate the desired thumbnails like in iPhoto. It would be much faster if you could just enter the page range numbers like you would to print/export a page range on a desktop computer. Ideally this app would be perfect for pdf textbook annotation, making it great for higher Ed students--but like I said, larger files cause it to crash and the control+F type feature stops responding. Side note: Another bug is-sometimes the page selector in the bottom right corner gets covered by the magnifying glass icon so you lose the ability to quickly page up or page down. This magnifying glass is also very touchy. It's annoying when trying to page up/down or when writing with the pencil and the heel of your hand grazes it. The regular zoom functionality with thumb and index finger works so well that the magnifying glass is not only obtrusive but also probably redundant.
College student who could not recommend this enough!!!!
Notability has quite simply made me a more engaged student. Note taking is fun and simple, and on top of that, the ability to import PDFs and TAKE NOTES ON TOP OF THEM makes reading college textbooks a much more engaging, much more enjoyable experience. The color-coded categorization option for notes and the ability to flag certain pages will appease your inner OCD tendencies and are also wonderful features - they allow me to keep organized in a very easy way and more easily locate important information. This app is truly deserving of the "Essentials" tag.
My ONE complaint: there seems to be a bug in the page button for PDFs. When I click the magnifying glass then unclick it to get back to the normal view of my note, the magnifying glass module sometimes overlaps with the page up/page down module, preventing me from being able to click down a page. It's a minor bug, but still a bit of a nuisance. Other than that, I could not recommend this app enough.
Search handwriting, permanent trash, the and redo button
Awesome app. Do your research before you pick a notes app for the iPad Pro (and any device really). My opinion is that this is the best thus far because it balances simplicity while making taking notes the most important thing! Plus, it can record and place the recording time with the note that you took with the audio (awesome), and so much fun to use.
Please enhance the search feature like Goodnotes. Maybe even include notes and handwriting searches into spotlight (built in apple search). Also make a button where you can redo something instead of just having undo. Last thing is to make the trash deleting time customizable. Instead of just keeping it a month leave it up to the user.... Daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, forever.
Look forward to seeing these updates. I'd like to make this my only notes app! These things (mainly an awesome search feature better that Goodnotes) will do it!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jul 13, 2016
- Version: 6.3.0
- Size: 66.5 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Ginger Labs, Inc.
- © Ginger Labs, Inc. 2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Bubblegum Pack$3.99