By Ginger Labs
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and PDF annotation.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Top selling paid app on iPad App Store, regularly ranked #1.
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to take notes, sketch ideas, create checklists, annotate PDFs, mark-up photos, record lectures, provide audio feedback and more. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note-taking experience at school, at home, and at work. And with iCloud, your notes are always up to date.
ALL ELECTRONIC WORKFLOW
- Streamline your workflow to be fully paper-free.
- It's easy to keep yourself organized across devices and platforms.
- Create a paperless classroom -- handout and collect assignments via the cloud.
- Speed-up feedback to students and colleagues using Notability.
- Complete, sign, and share documents in Notability.
- Multitasking enables you to take notes while you research, read a text book, or watch a lecture.
- While editing a note in Notability, you can view other files in the Files app at the same time.
- Drag and Drop to move files, text, photos, GIFs, web pages, and more from other apps into Notability. Share your favorite sketch by dragging it to Messages or Mail and send it along!
- 3D Touch makes it faster than ever to start a new note, and open recently viewed notes.
- Spotlight Search helps you find and open notes.
- Handwrite and sketch with beautiful ink.
- Write smoothly and quickly with zoom-writing.
- Draw perfectly straight lines for graphs, designs, and shapes.
- Ink is fine-tuned for Apple Pencil and iPad Pro giving you the most responsive, precise writing experience yet.
- Notability includes full-featured, left-aligned typing with a wide range of fonts, sizes, and colors.
- Outlines and text boxes help you quickly capture and organize ideas.
- Interactive checklists.
- Text can be searched, selected and highlighted.
- The typing experience is uniquely tailored for each device, giving you an optimal experience wherever you take your notes.
IMPORT AND ANNOTATE PDFs, IMAGES, AND GIFS
- Import PDF, DOC, PPT, image files, and GIFs from other apps into the library or into notes.
- Annotate lecture slides and meeting agendas or complete class assignments.
- Fill-out, sign, and send PDF forms.
- Import or take pictures of relevant information to annotate.
- Import Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides as PDFs.
- Highlight, Copy & Paste, Speak, Define and Search PDF text.
AUDIO RECORDINGS: REVIEW AND GIVE FEEDBACK
- Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
- Notes link to recordings automatically, so during playback, you can watch your notes animate along with the recording, or tap them to get to the spot that needs clarifying.
- Provide audio and handwritten feedback that is linked together within the note.
- Import audio recordings from other sources.
ORGANIZE AND SHARE NOTES
- Create subjects and simply drag notes into them.
- Share notes via email, AirDrop, printer, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, OneDrive and more.
- Move note content to other apps like Messages or Mail, and share with Drag and Drop.
- Retrieve recently deleted notes from the trash.
- iCloud automatically syncs all of your notes to Notability on iPad, iPhone, and Mac.
- Retrieve previous versions of your note to ensure safety.
- Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, or OneDrive - including business and school accounts - can be used to backup your notes in PDF format and are great for archiving or recovery.
MOBILE DEVICE MANAGEMENT (MDM)
- Schools and enterprises can configure Notability to manage access to features such as cloud services, Giphy, etc.
- For more information about MDM visit support.gingerlabs.com
We hope you enjoy using Notability, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Mac app sold separately.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
What's New in Version 7.1
*** What's new in 7.1 ***
• Added compatibility for iPhone X
• Opening notes from the Files app
▸ Tap on a note in the Files app to preview and import it in Notability
• Adjusting the speed of Text to Speech
▸ Go to Notability's settings screen to change the speed of Text to Speech
• Added support for camera zoom on the iPhone
• Minor bug fixes and other improvements
Great app! But needs some improvements
I have been using this app for about 6 month now for college. It is extremely useful with my iPad Pro! I have been able to almost completely replace all my books, laptop and notebook. It is a super convenient app that will allow you to have everything you need to study on the go on any device with the app. Although this app is pretty reliable, I have two complaints that I would like for them to be resolved. First, when trying to import a pdf file from the internet to a note that has been already written, and selecting “add to another note” there is a bug that misplaces the categories of the notes, so the “easy way” for selecting the note goes away, and you’re left scrolling through all of your notes until you find the one you want. Also, it would be a great addition if one could have two notes open at the same time, because sometimes you need to see a note while copying on a blank one.
These are two minor bugs that can be resolved easily, as the app is constantly being updated, so do not hesitate to buy this app. Its really useful.
Pretty good but could be great
Really like this app. It integrates well with Canvas so I can download readings and PowerPoints and then I can annotate or cut out important diagrams which is essential for taking biology classes with complicated figures in a fast moving class.
Still there are many features I would love to see that would truly far and away set Notability apart:
-saving certain color/tip size configurations or even “recents” would be a huge timer saver for taking handwritten notes with the pen. I like to set a bright color/bigger size as a header and then switch to black/smaller pen size and in a quickly moving class it would be great if Notability could add this feature.
-creating an unbounded white space similar to the board in Prezi would be great because it is difficult to apportion perfect spacing during the lecture and would also then allow for mind map ideas better
-adding planner templates to paper would also allow Notability to function as an organizational tool
-creating folders for within subject notebooks would be great
-the ability to draw geometric shapes with Notability correcting the shape such as in Paper
-mix colors beyond the presets such as in Paper
-Apple notes has a nice ruler that will pop up and also tell the angle between an existing line and a prospective line. Very useful for physics and design.
Love it!! But missing two key features
This app is great for students in college!! It’s great when professors post their lectures because you can download them to the app and just fill in additional notes anywhere on the page! The app is very dynamic with the features it supplies for a spectacular note taking experience such as recording audio, inserting pictures, syncing data from iPad to MacBook, and more!
Key feature recommendation:
l would love to see this app implement the feature that Good Notes 4 has which is the tab function where you can have multiple documents open in a row of tabs at the top and also remembers where you are in the file when you want switch to another document. It is a bit inconvenient because sometimes l would transfer my notes to Good Notes 4 just to be able to switch between documents to study for exams.
2) Undo 2.0
Hitting the back button sometimes can be slow especially when I’m writing notes at the bottom of the page or when the lecturer talks very fast. It would be great for the undo button to also be at the button of the page or even tap 2 fingers on the screen to undo.
This app would be so fantastic with this feature and would easy and definitely be at the top of all note taking apps. Please please please add this feature to Notability!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 31, 2017
- Version: 7.1
- Size: 131 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Ginger Labs, Inc.
- © Ginger Labs, Inc. 2017
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Bubblegum Pack$3.99