By Ginger Labs
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and PDF annotation.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Top selling paid app on iPad App Store, regularly ranked #1.
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to take notes, sketch ideas, create checklists, annotate PDFs, mark-up photos, record lectures, provide audio feedback and more. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note-taking experience at school, at home, and at work. And with iCloud, your notes are always up to date.
ALL ELECTRONIC WORKFLOW
- Streamline your workflow to be fully paper-free.
- It's easy to keep yourself organized across devices and platforms.
- Create a paperless classroom -- handout and collect assignments via the cloud.
- Speed-up feedback to students and colleagues using Notability.
- Complete, sign, and share documents in Notability.
- Multitasking enables you to take notes while you research, read a text book, or watch a lecture.
- While editing a note in Notability, you can view other files in the Files app at the same time.
- Drag and Drop to move files, text, photos, GIFs, web pages, and more from other apps into Notability. Share your favorite sketch by dragging it to Messages or Mail and send it along!
- 3D Touch makes it faster than ever to start a new note, and open recently viewed notes.
- Spotlight Search helps you find and open notes.
- Handwrite and sketch with beautiful ink.
- Write smoothly and quickly with zoom-writing.
- Draw perfectly straight lines for graphs, designs, and shapes.
- Ink is fine-tuned for Apple Pencil and iPad Pro giving you the most responsive, precise writing experience yet.
- Notability includes full-featured, left-aligned typing with a wide range of fonts, sizes, and colors.
- Outlines and text boxes help you quickly capture and organize ideas.
- Interactive checklists.
- Text can be searched, selected and highlighted.
- The typing experience is uniquely tailored for each device, giving you an optimal experience wherever you take your notes.
IMPORT AND ANNOTATE PDFs, IMAGES, AND GIFS
- Import PDF, DOC, PPT, image files, and GIFs from other apps into the library or into notes.
- Annotate lecture slides and meeting agendas or complete class assignments.
- Fill-out, sign, and send PDF forms.
- Import or take pictures of relevant information to annotate.
- Import Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides as PDFs.
- Highlight, Copy & Paste, Speak, Define and Search PDF text.
AUDIO RECORDINGS: REVIEW AND GIVE FEEDBACK
- Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
- Notes link to recordings automatically, so during playback, you can watch your notes animate along with the recording, or tap them to get to the spot that needs clarifying.
- Provide audio and handwritten feedback that is linked together within the note.
- Import audio recordings from other sources.
ORGANIZE AND SHARE NOTES
- Create subjects and simply drag notes into them.
- Share notes via email, AirDrop, printer, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, OneDrive and more.
- Move note content to other apps like Messages or Mail, and share with Drag and Drop.
- Retrieve recently deleted notes from the trash.
- iCloud automatically syncs all of your notes to Notability on iPad, iPhone, and Mac.
- Retrieve previous versions of your note to ensure safety.
- Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, or OneDrive - including business and school accounts - can be used to backup your notes in PDF format and are great for archiving or recovery.
We hope you enjoy using Notability, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Mac app sold separately.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
What's New in Version 7.0
*** What's New in 7.0 ***
• iOS 11 Integration
• Drag and Drop (iOS 11 Only)
▸ Tap+hold+move to start a drag
▸ Import files from other apps by dragging a file onto Notability's icon or using split screen
▸ Drag handwriting, images, gifs, text, audio files or pdfs in and out of your notes
▸ Drag .notes, PDFs and Audio files into the Notability library
▸ Within Notability, you can drag and drop selections within notes and subjects and dividers in the library view.
• Box Improvements:
▸ Added support for business accounts, Single Sign On (SSO) and Entreprise Mobility Management (EMM)
• Bug fixes:
▸ Fixed various bugs specific to iOS 11
▸ Made typing faster and more responsive
▸ Fixed a crash that happened while typing in split view mode
If you're enjoying Notability, we'd appreciate it if you took the time to leave us a review, thanks!
Please add (laser) pointer functionality
This is an incredibly useful app and has been an essential app on my iPad for several years. I use it to deliver presentations while annotating and to record videos with real time annotations.
However, one feature that is missing that would make it very useful while recording presentations wherein we are annotating pdf or writing text would be a “laser pointer” button wherein we can press the pencil to anywhere on the screen and it would show a red/green dot there. There are other apps that do this but that do not have no way near the features that notability has - I wish notability would add a pointer feature.
Great app, but there is improvement area
Thanks for this awesome app.
Please improve one thing. I will try to explain what I experienced.
First I typed, than I placed 3-4 pictures and made notes on them. Than I repeted it couple of times. When I returned to the beginning and wrote more lines on the dirst chapters the pictures got complitely messed up. I wish they would go down with the text.
Anyways since I was working on a 9 pages instruction manual with pictures it got messed up many times and I had to move manually all the pictures couple of times.
Great app, but PLEASE, PLEASE FIX IT :-) thank you!
Great iOS 11 update
This has been my go-to note-taking app, and even in iOS 11, with stiffer competition from Apple, it shines. While it doesn’t do handwriting recognition, the ability to record and replay still is terrific, and the new drag and drop support is perfect. You can select a part of a note, like a drawing, and drag it into mail, texts, etc! Apple’s built in insert-drawing in mail is not resizable, has only four colors, etc. This allows much better drawing-in-mail functionality through drag and drop.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 18, 2017
- Version: 7.0
- Size: 131 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Ginger Labs, Inc.
- © Ginger Labs, Inc. 2017
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Bubblegum Pack$3.99