Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and PDF annotation.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Top selling paid app on iPad App Store, regularly ranked #1.
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to enrich their lives. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note-taking experience at school, home, and work.
STREAMLINE YOUR WORKFLOW
• Become fully paper-free, in the classroom, office, and at home.
• Complete, sign, and share documents in Notability.
• Drag and Drop to move files, text, photos, GIFs, web pages, and more from other apps into Notability with Multitasking.
HANDWRITE AND SKETCH WITH BEAUTIFUL INK
• Use a variety of colors to draw perfectly straight lines or activate zoom-writing for detailed work.
• Ink is fine-tuned for Apple Pencil for the most responsive, precise writing experience yet.
SEARCH AND CONVERT HANDWRITTEN NOTES
• Search for handwritten words from the Library and in the note view in any of our 14 supported languages.
• Convert handwriting to text.
• It all happens on your device, so your information stays private.
SAVE TIME WITH MULTI-NOTE
• Multi-note lets you work with two notes side-by-side.
• Quickly switch between notes with the Note Navigator.
• Drag & Drop handwriting, typed text, images, and more between notes.
• Notability includes full-featured, left-aligned typing with a wide range of fonts, sizes, and colors.
• Create outlines, interactive checklists, and text boxes.
IMPORT AND SHARE
• Import PDFs, DOCs, PPTs, images, GIFs, and more.
• Annotate imported pictures, lecture slides, and meeting agendas, or complete class assignments.
• Share notes via email, AirDrop, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, OneDrive, and more, or share note content to other apps with Drag and Drop.
RECORD AND PLAYBACK AUDIO
• Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
• Notes are automatically synced with audio recordings so during playback you can listen to what was happening as you wrote.
AUTO-BACKUP AND ICLOUD SYNC
• Use iCloud to automatically sync your notes to Notability on iPad, iPhone, and Mac, or to retrieve previous versions of your notes.
• Use Auto-backup to send your notes to a cloud service for archiving or recovery. Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, and OneDrive are all supported!
Mac app sold separately.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
* Fixed a crash that could happen when rendering notes containing PDF files
Ratings and Reviews
We rely on this sleek, powerful note-taker to annotate documents, record lectures, sketch illustrations, and more. With built-in iCloud support, it’s perfect for keeping notes, documents, and doodles up to date on both iPhone and iPad.
Okay, so as a high school student, I use this app for school. It's a requirement and nobody really uses anything else because we can't find anything else as good as this. I love the fact that you have a zoom box that you can write on that that transfers your writing to where you put this zoom box (and as someone who writes small and can't stand their handwriting big, this is a necessity), and that you can cut and paste things really easily (a function that I use all the time). I have started to love to take notes now because it's so easy. The only thing I wish was added to this app is to have more colors! I hate the fact that I'm confined to only so many colors and they get quite repetitive after 3 years! Other than that, this app is perfect. I'll admit that last year I started looking for an app that had the same functions as this one but with more colors and I never could find anything. So two thumbs up 👏 👍
Update: So like I said, I use this app for school and it being my senior year, my work load has increased. There is one more thing I wish would be added to this app. On paper you can refer two pages together without much trouble. On notability, one thing that aggravates me is when I have an assignment to do, and I can use my notes, I have to flip back and forth, back and forth to my notes and the assignments. It’s time wasted and annoying, if something could be added so that I can have 2 notes side by side together that would make my life so much easier.
This app is amazing. Ive been using it for 3 years now and i keep finding out more amazing things. For one, i like to record lectures in class. When i press record and take my own notes, i can play back the recording and watch my notes highlight according to when i wrote it with the audio. It works the other way around too; i can open the audio and press a bulletin that i wrote and the audio will start playing when i wrote that bulletin. It also has palm rest (which needs a little work), inserting pictures, and a search bar. If your teacher writes study guides for the tests, you can search a keyword in the app and watch all the articles pop up that have that word in it. On top of that, I've used this app to draw the nervous system in my physiological and pharmacology classes. This app has made studying easier, funner, and overall better.
If you have friends with the same app in class, you can share your notes easily including the recording of class. It also links with my phone so if i dont have my ipad and i have some free time out with family/friends, i can reread my notes from my phone. I hope this app holds a lot because im going to be using it for awhile.
Update: I really hope in the future they can allow handwriting to be searched throughout the app (similar to how notes does it on the iPhone). I prefer to write than type and I can’t search any keywords I write out, the app only searched typed words.
- Ginger Labs, Inc.
- 241.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Ginger Labs, Inc. 2018
- In-App Purchases
- Bubblegum Pack $3.99
- Fall $1.99
- Spring $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.