By Ginger Labs
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and PDF annotation.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Apple's Mac App of The Year! Recognized by Apple as the Best Selling Paid Productivity app in 2016, 2015, 2014, and 2013!
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to take notes, sketch ideas, annotate PDFs, mark-up photos, record lectures, provide audio feedback and more. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note taking experience at school, at home, and at work. And with iCloud, your notes are always up to date.
- Multitasking with Notability enables you to take notes while you research, read a text book, or watch a lecture, on select iPads.
- 3D Touch on iPhone 6s makes it faster than ever to create, preview, and open notes.
- Spotlight Search helps you find and open recent notes.
- Handwrite and sketch with beautiful ink.
- Write smoothly and quickly with zoom-writing.
- Draw perfectly straight lines for graphs, designs, and shapes.
- Automatic Palm Detection on iPad allows you to write naturally with your hand on the screen.
- Notability has been fine-tuned for Apple Pencil and iPad Pro giving you the most responsive, precise writing experience yet.
- Notability includes full-featured typing with a wide range of fonts, sizes, and colors.
- Outlines and text boxes help you quickly capture and organize ideas.
- Highlight typed text.
- The typing UI is uniquely designed on iPhone, iPad, and Mac for the best typing experience possible.
IMPORT AND ANNOTATE PDFs
- Highlight, Copy & Paste, Speak, Define and Search PDF text.
- Mark up lecture slides and meeting agendas or complete class assignments.
- Fill-out, sign, and send PDF forms.
- Import doc and ppt files with the help of Google Drive.
- Import webpages from the browser with the Share Extension.
AUDIO RECORDINGS: REVIEW AND GIVE FEEDBACK
- Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
- Notes automatically link to recordings, so during playback, you can watch your notes animate along with the recording, or tap them to get to the spot that needs clarifying.
- Teachers can also use these features to provide audio and handwritten feedback to students.
ALL ELECTRONIC WORKFLOW
- Create a paperless classroom -- handout and collect assignments via the cloud.
- Speed-up feedback to students and colleagues using Notability.
- Complete, sign, and share documents in Notability.
ORGANIZE AND SHARE NOTES
- Create subjects and simply drag notes into them.
- Share your notes via email, AirDrop, printer, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box and more.
- Retrieve recently deleted notes from the trash.
- iCloud automatically syncs all of your notes to iPad, iPhone, and Mac.
- Dropbox, Google Drive, or Box, can be used to backup your notes in PDF format and are great for archiving or recovery.
We hope you enjoy using Notability, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
What's New in Version 6.4.2
- Improved Apple Pencil integration for a better writing experience.
- Fixed an issue with PDFs that caused Notability to crash.
- Bug fixes.
If you're enjoying Notability, we'd appreciate it if you took the time to leave us a review, thanks!
Must have for students!
Update: dropped a star until notability can fix the crashing issue. This hasn't affected me during class yet, but it is very frustrating to lose a lot of work while making study guides when the app crashes. Overall, still very useful, but I won't be able to continue to use and recommend the app if the crash problem isn't remedied soon.
*Chromecast ability would also be a very useful feature!
This app is a game changer for taking notes in class! I have terrible handwriting, so I don't like to physically write ALL of my notes, ya know, because I'd like to be able to use them for studying. I love that I can type, record, AND write in notes completely seamlessly with notability. It is also incredibly easy to insert photos. I keep my iPhone handy in class to take pictures of the board when the professor is drawing something complex (b/c it's awkward to lift a whole iPad Pro in the middle of class😂), and I can just pop it right in my notes and crop what I need! The only thing I would add is an option for special characters (i.e. Math symbols, superscript, subscript) when typing. I get by with writing them in, but it would be nice to be able to type it all when I want to.
Finally! A great note pad
I used to use Notability all the time but then it started doing funky things. I also didn't like that I could not scroll with my finger and some other minor, yet annoying issues. So I started using other apps but they only let you write one pageant a time, then once you reach the bottom you had to open a new one or do weird orchestrations to get extra space in the same note. For multiple other reasons I recently did the Notability update hoping for it to be better and WOW!!! To my surprise they fixed all the prior bugs and made some other great improvements too, like detecting my palm so I don't have to use the protector and easy finger scrolling.
Having used now at least five other apps for abundant college note taking, I can honestly say this is now, once again, my go-to app. It works great with the Apple Pencil, which I now have, but also did beautiful writing with the other earlier less expensive pencils that were on the market. I had several, even the fatter spongy topped ones.
This app now gets 5 stars from me, which I rarely give unless truly warranted.
Great, but Problems...
I love notability, don't get me wrong. It's amazing and the quality is very good. It's just that lately, I have had trouble saving from iCloud. My iCloud storage is barely halfway full and yet, constantly I am unable to open and view my notes because apparently, it's "still downloading" and at first, It didn't seem like a big deal. I thought this downloading process would take at the most like 2 minutes. But you know what, it's been a week now, and it still hasn't downloaded. All my past notes are not accessible and are pretty much gone. I can't view or delete them. I have a total of about 50 something notes which sounds like a lot, but compared to the 90 somewhat notes my classmates have had for years now shouldn't mean that I should have problems. I need this fixed immediately because I constantly have my notes unsaved and trashed. Many of which are extremely important for my homework and school work. Most of my teachers use notability during class as part of a daily tool and I need to be able to see my old notes. I'm not even sure if there's still anything left. All those hours of note-taking gone. Please.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 10, 2016
- Version: 6.4.2
- Size: 94.1 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Ginger Labs, Inc.
- © Ginger Labs, Inc. 2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Bubblegum Pack$3.99