By Ginger Labs
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and PDF annotation.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Apple's Mac App of The Year! Recognized by Apple as the Best Selling Paid Productivity app in 2016, 2015, 2014, and 2013!
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to take notes, sketch ideas, annotate PDFs, mark-up photos, record lectures, provide audio feedback and more. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note taking experience at school, at home, and at work. And with iCloud, your notes are always up to date.
- Multitasking with Notability enables you to take notes while you research, read a text book, or watch a lecture, on select iPads.
- 3D Touch on iPhone 6s makes it faster than ever to create, preview, and open notes.
- Spotlight Search helps you find and open recent notes.
- Handwrite and sketch with beautiful ink.
- Write smoothly and quickly with zoom-writing.
- Draw perfectly straight lines for graphs, designs, and shapes.
- Automatic Palm Detection on iPad allows you to write naturally with your hand on the screen.
- Notability has been fine-tuned for Apple Pencil and iPad Pro giving you the most responsive, precise writing experience yet.
- Notability includes full-featured typing with a wide range of fonts, sizes, and colors.
- Outlines and text boxes help you quickly capture and organize ideas.
- Highlight typed text.
- The typing UI is uniquely designed on iPhone, iPad, and Mac for the best typing experience possible.
IMPORT AND ANNOTATE PDFs
- Highlight, Copy & Paste, Speak, Define and Search PDF text.
- Mark up lecture slides and meeting agendas or complete class assignments.
- Fill-out, sign, and send PDF forms.
- Import doc and ppt files with the help of Google Drive.
- Import webpages from the browser with the Share Extension.
AUDIO RECORDINGS: REVIEW AND GIVE FEEDBACK
- Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
- Notes automatically link to recordings, so during playback, you can watch your notes animate along with the recording, or tap them to get to the spot that needs clarifying.
- Teachers can also use these features to provide audio and handwritten feedback to students.
ALL ELECTRONIC WORKFLOW
- Create a paperless classroom -- handout and collect assignments via the cloud.
- Speed-up feedback to students and colleagues using Notability.
- Complete, sign, and share documents in Notability.
ORGANIZE AND SHARE NOTES
- Create subjects and simply drag notes into them.
- Share your notes via email, AirDrop, printer, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box and more.
- Retrieve recently deleted notes from the trash.
- iCloud automatically syncs all of your notes to iPad, iPhone, and Mac.
- Dropbox, Google Drive, or Box, can be used to backup your notes in PDF format and are great for archiving or recovery.
We hope you enjoy using Notability, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
What's New in Version 6.4.4
- Fixed a bug with Box integration.
- Other minor bug fixes.
Changes from 6.4.3:
- Google Drive improvements and bug fixes
- Dropbox improvements and bug fixes
- Fixed a rare bug with document conversions
- Fixed a crash associated with Spotlight and spellcheck
- Fixed a scrolling issue while using Apple Pencil
- Now requires iOS 8 or later
If you're enjoying Notability, we'd appreciate it if you took the time to leave us a review, thanks!
I've come to the point where I can't live without this app
Several years ago my school went to overhead projectors in all of the lecture halls. Rather than lugging a laptop with me from class to class I decided to get a tablet and I tried several different means of presenting my lecture material. I loathe PowerPoint style slides for lectures, for my style it is important to be able to write on the slides. That is where notability really shines. I upload my outline to box as a PDF from my computer and then import it directly into notability. I scribble all over the PDF with my notes during my lecture. The auto backup saves the marked up file back to box as a PDF, very handy for students that missed lecture since I can just send that PDF along or simply use it to check back on what I said in past lectures (you can also set it to save as notability format). The copy/paste functionality is also handy for rearranging the notes to clean them up or do another permutation.
Notability has impacted a lot of my other job functions too. I've gone paperless for my meeting notes, both saving a lot of file cabinet storage space and allowing me to keep a ton of notes with me.
The customer support is also top notch. One update back inadvertently broke the ability to download files from box. They got me a workaround within half an hour of my contacting customer support and fixed the bug with an update in two working days.
Long time user, very dissatisfied
This was the first app I ever actually paid for and I loved it for years. I'm in pharmacy school and I started using it during pre-pharm and it was basically a lifesaver for note taking. I referred all my friends that asked me to this app (now I feel guilty about that) because of how great I thought it was, how simple to download slides, write on them and then I manually backed up to google drive. Worked great until the past year +. Now I constantly have problems with downloading slides into the app and the app crashes every time I try to get into certain slide sets, which has basically made it unusable to me. I have to be able to depend on getting into the slides and taking notes, this isn't for pleasure! I have tried everything from ensuring it's not lack of hard drive space on my iPad, deleting/downloading the app. Downloading PowerPoints onto my laptop first, making them into shorter slide sets and converting to PDF so the app might work better but that still does not resolve the issue. I can't even describe the feeling of frustration when the lecturer is saying something that I can't write down because this won't work. Stop adding extra colors and focus stability! I will not be recommending this app to anyone and will definitely tell anyone I can to stay away until these issues are resolved.
Best Note taking App
I have had Notability since I first got an iPad in 2011. It was good back then and has only gotten better. I have loved having the ability to use the Apple Pencil. The precision and ease of use is unparalleled outside of a piece of paper. There are several features that I love the most:
1. Ability to import documents. I sign contracts, mark up advertising rough drafts and import slides to take notes at meetings/conferences. I also scan meeting agendas in another app and import them as a PDF and take notes right on the agenda.
2. Ability to take/add pictures to the notes. I use this when will do much better than a description.
3. Ability to combine text and handwriting. I will often fill in blank lines of a contract or other document and then sign at the bottom.
4. Ability to sync with Google Drive (I've also used Dropbox and there is availability to use others as well).
5. The search function is a lifesaver. I constantly find my notes from a meeting 2 weeks ago just by searching the topic. They can be difficult to find at times and I almost never have trouble at more.
I constantly give demos of this app to friends and family. I know of several people who have started using this system and love it. I can't say enough good things about Notability. The other nice thing is that they don't constantly ask if you love the product and to do a review.
Thanks for making a great product. Here's to many more productive meetings!!!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Feb 13, 2017
- Version: 6.4.4
- Size: 110 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Ginger Labs, Inc.
- © Ginger Labs, Inc. 2017
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Bubblegum Pack$3.99