Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and PDF annotation.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Top selling paid app on iPad App Store, regularly ranked #1.
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to enrich their lives. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note-taking experience at school, home, and work.
STREAMLINE YOUR WORKFLOW
• Become fully paper-free, in the classroom, office, and at home.
• Complete, sign, and share documents in Notability.
• Drag and Drop to move files, text, photos, GIFs, web pages, and more from other apps into Notability with Multitasking.
HANDWRITE AND SKETCH WITH BEAUTIFUL INK
• Use a variety of colors to draw perfectly straight lines or activate zoom-writing for detailed work.
• Ink is fine-tuned for Apple Pencil for the most responsive, precise writing experience yet.
SEARCH AND CONVERT HANDWRITTEN NOTES
• Search for handwritten words from the Library and in the note view in any of our 14 supported languages.
• Convert handwriting to text.
• It all happens on your device, so your information stays private.
SAVE TIME WITH MULTI-NOTE
• Multi-note lets you work with two notes side-by-side.
• Quickly switch between notes with the Note Navigator.
• Drag & Drop handwriting, typed text, images, and more between notes.
• Notability includes full-featured, left-aligned typing with a wide range of fonts, sizes, and colors.
• Create outlines, interactive checklists, and text boxes.
IMPORT AND SHARE
• Import PDFs, DOCs, PPTs, images, GIFs, and more.
• Annotate imported pictures, lecture slides, and meeting agendas, or complete class assignments.
• Share notes via email, AirDrop, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, OneDrive, and more, or share note content to other apps with Drag and Drop.
RECORD AND PLAYBACK AUDIO
• Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
• Notes are automatically synced with audio recordings so during playback you can listen to what was happening as you wrote.
AUTO-BACKUP AND ICLOUD SYNC
• Use iCloud to automatically sync your notes to Notability on iPad, iPhone, and Mac, or to retrieve previous versions of your notes.
• Use Auto-backup to send your notes to a cloud service for archiving or recovery. Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, and OneDrive are all supported!
Mac app sold separately.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
*** Bug fixes in 8.2.3 ***
• Fixed a bug where the destination subject wasn’t being respected when importing notes
• Notability now honors the text-to-speech speed setting
*** Bug fixes in 8.2.1 & 8.2.2 ***
• Fixed a crash that could occur when using Force Touch to open a note on iPhone
• Fixed a crash that could happen when dragging and dropping a subject while editing the name
• Fixed a crash when importing documents from could services (iOS 10 only)
*** What’s new in 8.2 ***
• Custom fonts and more default fonts now supported! Fonts populate in Notability based on the device’s locale and preferred languages
• More fonts available for non-Roman alphabets
• Recently used fonts appear in the first font menu for faster note taking
• Improvements in Text-to-Speech where the language of the selected text is detected and enunciated with the correct voice
• Sped up searching on long notes
• New subjects will be created below the currently selected subject
*** Bug fixes in 8.2 ***
• Fixed a bug where the search results would not update after adding or removing a page
• Fixed a bug where “Keep iPad Awake” could fail
• Fixed a bug that caused search highlights to not show
• Sometimes when searching in Multi-note, the page manager wouldn’t open for the note opened on the right side
Ratings and Reviews
We rely on this sleek, powerful note-taker to annotate documents, record lectures, sketch illustrations, and more. With built-in iCloud support, it’s perfect for keeping notes, documents, and doodles up to date on both iPhone and iPad.
This app is amazing. Ive been using it for 3 years now and i keep finding out more amazing things. For one, i like to record lectures in class. When i press record and take my own notes, i can play back the recording and watch my notes highlight according to when i wrote it with the audio. It works the other way around too; i can open the audio and press a bulletin that i wrote and the audio will start playing when i wrote that bulletin. It also has palm rest (which needs a little work), inserting pictures, and a search bar. If your teacher writes study guides for the tests, you can search a keyword in the app and watch all the articles pop up that have that word in it. On top of that, I've used this app to draw the nervous system in my physiological and pharmacology classes. This app has made studying easier, funner, and overall better.
If you have friends with the same app in class, you can share your notes easily including the recording of class. It also links with my phone so if i dont have my ipad and i have some free time out with family/friends, i can reread my notes from my phone. I hope this app holds a lot because im going to be using it for awhile.
Update: I really hope in the future they can allow handwriting to be searched throughout the app (similar to how notes does it on the iPhone). I prefer to write than type and I can’t search any keywords I write out, the app only searched typed words.
A staple, but disappointing
Update: I have used this app for YEARS now through high school, college, and now medical school. I love the app and appreciate it to no ends. However, one ongoing issue I have noticed is its unreliability with downloading ppt files to PDF within the app from Canvas. I don’t know if it’s a problem with communication with canvas or just a general issue with converting to pdf within the app, but it’s annoying to have to convert all my lecture notes to pdf on my MacBook then transfer them to my iPad. It’s so unreliable I don’t think I can use only my iPad anymore, which is what my goal was. Anyway, long story short: I love this app, but it’s been frustrating for about the past year or two.
The new update added better pencil integration, ,earning now it has actual pressure sensitivity rather than just the way they did it before which was through speed sensitivity determining the weight of the line drawn. This combined with the other amazing aspects of this app that I have always enjoyed make this my favorite app ever. I use it in college to take notes and annotate presentations during lecture as well as at work for taking notes during meetings or as a work log. It is simply an amazing app, well worth the money, and I look forward to continue using it with my iPad Pro through medical school. Thank you ginger labs!!!
- Ginger Labs, Inc.
- 232.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Ginger Labs, Inc. 2018
- In-App Purchases
- Bubblegum Pack $3.99
- Spring $1.99
- Summer $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.