By Ginger Labs
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Apple's Mac App of The Year! Recognized by Apple as the Best Selling Paid Productivity app in 2015, 2014, and 2013!
Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and PDF annotation.
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to take notes, sketch ideas, annotate PDFs, mark-up photos, record lectures, provide audio feedback and more. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note taking experience at school, at home, and at work. And with iCloud, your notes are always up to date.
- Multitasking with Notability enables you to take notes while you research, read a text book, or watch a lecture, on select iPads.
- 3D Touch on iPhone 6s makes it faster than ever to create, preview, and open notes.
- Spotlight Search helps you find and open recent notes.
- Handwrite and sketch with beautiful ink.
- Write smoothly and quickly with zoom-writing.
- Draw perfectly straight lines for graphs, designs, and shapes.
- Automatic Palm Detection on iPad allows you to write naturally with your hand on the screen.
- Notability has been fine-tuned for Apple Pencil and iPad Pro giving you the most responsive, precise writing experience yet.
- Notability includes full-featured typing with a wide range of fonts, sizes, and colors.
- Outlines and text boxes help you quickly capture and organize ideas.
- Highlight typed text.
- The typing UI is uniquely designed on iPhone, iPad, and Mac for the best typing experience possible.
IMPORT AND ANNOTATE PDFs
- Highlight, Copy & Paste, Speak, Define and Search PDF text.
- Mark up lecture slides and meeting agendas or complete class assignments.
- Fill-out, sign, and send PDF forms.
- Import doc and ppt files with the help of Google Drive.
- Import webpages from the browser with the Share Extension.
AUDIO RECORDINGS: REVIEW AND GIVE FEEDBACK
- Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
- Notes automatically link to recordings, so during playback, you can watch your notes animate along with the recording, or tap them to get to the spot that needs clarifying.
- Teachers can also use these features to provide audio and handwritten feedback to students.
ALL ELECTRONIC WORKFLOW
- Create a paperless classroom -- handout and collect assignments via the cloud.
- Speed-up feedback to students and colleagues using Notability.
- Complete, sign, and share documents in Notability.
ORGANIZE AND SHARE NOTES
- Create subjects and simply drag notes into them.
- Share your notes via email, AirDrop, printer, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box and more.
- Retrieve recently deleted notes from the trash.
- iCloud automatically syncs all of your notes to iPad, iPhone, and Mac.
- Dropbox, Google Drive, or Box, can be used to backup your notes in PDF format and are great for archiving or recovery.
We hope you enjoy using Notability, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
What's New in Version 6.4.0
- Draw perfectly straight lines.
- New color palette for the pen, highlighter, and type.
- New Fall theme.
- Variable and fixed width inks are now available on iPhone.
- iOS 10 compatible.
- Bug fixes.
Straight lines are now directly integrated into the writing experience. Simply draw a line with your finger or stylus, then hold momentarily at the end to automatically straighten the line. To help make crisp designs and shapes, straight lines will connect to nearby straight lines during creation. Straight lines also snap to the lines and intersections in Notability's grid papers. Additionally, a magnifying loupe helps with the fine details.
If you're enjoying Notability, we'd appreciate it if you took the time to leave us a review, thanks!
GET this app.
Do not even think about looking elsewhere for a note application program.
Very IMPRESSED with their tech support. I've been using this app for years. Always considered the improvements and quality updates at the top of the industry. I've talked this app up and recommended to friends. This is my favorite app, and use it daily for hours. This is is the absolute best note app out there for audio or visual notes, copy/paste, import/ export, save change, draw, type, handwriting, document construction, design, etc. I've been teaching myself guitar and music theory for years by constructing training booklets for myself. I used to sit in front of the TV and write thoughts and ideas down (reams of paper). Can't say enough about this. Before anyone gives a negative review, you need to work with this app. There is soooooooooooooooooo much it can do for you. I'm a retired teacher. The uses are up to your imagination.
Hide comment Change my rating
Loved fixed bug, new color palette and straight line features
This release is a nice update to an already great note taking app, with a bug that gives jaggy lines when using Apple Pencil getting fixed, and new little features that I loved.
My one request that I really wish for now (I have told the devs a while ago but this feature hasn't been made possible) is the ability to insert new contents in the middle of the notes without affecting anything that's been created after. Right now, if you type texts in the middle of your notes, all the following texts in subsequent pages will get pushed back while the pen strokes and highlights remain where they are, thus messing up all the layout one has created. Having a simple feature like Page Break like Microsoft Word would solve this problem nicely and would make me glued to Notability for years to come.
So.....this app was a 5/5 for me even before the newest update with the addition of straight lines and new colors.
The much needed straight line feature made this app EVEN BETTER. The new colors are just icing on the cake. Before this update, I usually had to disengage my smart keyboard to draw things since it was difficult to get the lines straight when my ipad pro was propped off the table due to the way it was positioned on the smart keyboard. Now with the straight line feature, I do this less often and notetaking has become more convenient.
Fantastic app---from audio notetaking to typing and drawing where ever you want and now----the straight lines!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 19, 2016
- Version: 6.4.0
- Size: 94.1 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Ginger Labs, Inc.
- © Ginger Labs, Inc. 2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Bubblegum Pack$3.99