By Ginger Labs
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and PDF annotation.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Top selling paid app on iPad App Store, regularly ranked #1.
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to take notes, sketch ideas, create checklists, annotate PDFs, mark-up photos, record lectures, provide audio feedback and more. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note-taking experience at school, at home, and at work. And with iCloud, your notes are always up to date.
ALL ELECTRONIC WORKFLOW
- Streamline your workflow to be fully paper-free.
- It's easy to keep yourself organized across devices and platforms.
- Create a paperless classroom -- handout and collect assignments via the cloud.
- Speed-up feedback to students and colleagues using Notability.
- Complete, sign, and share documents in Notability.
- Multitasking enables you to take notes while you research, read a text book, or watch a lecture.
- While editing a note in Notability, you can view other files in the Files app at the same time.
- Drag and Drop to move files, text, photos, GIFs, web pages, and more from other apps into Notability. Share your favorite sketch by dragging it to Messages or Mail and send it along!
- 3D Touch makes it faster than ever to start a new note, and open recently viewed notes.
- Spotlight Search helps you find and open notes.
- Handwrite and sketch with beautiful ink.
- Write smoothly and quickly with zoom-writing.
- Draw perfectly straight lines for graphs, designs, and shapes.
- Ink is fine-tuned for Apple Pencil and iPad Pro giving you the most responsive, precise writing experience yet.
- Notability includes full-featured, left-aligned typing with a wide range of fonts, sizes, and colors.
- Outlines and text boxes help you quickly capture and organize ideas.
- Interactive checklists.
- Text can be searched, selected and highlighted.
- The typing experience is uniquely tailored for each device, giving you an optimal experience wherever you take your notes.
IMPORT AND ANNOTATE PDFs, IMAGES, AND GIFS
- Import PDF, DOC, PPT, image files, and GIFs from other apps into the library or into notes.
- Annotate lecture slides and meeting agendas or complete class assignments.
- Fill-out, sign, and send PDF forms.
- Import or take pictures of relevant information to annotate.
- Import Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides as PDFs.
- Highlight, Copy & Paste, Speak, Define and Search PDF text.
AUDIO RECORDINGS: REVIEW AND GIVE FEEDBACK
- Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
- Notes link to recordings automatically, so during playback, you can watch your notes animate along with the recording, or tap them to get to the spot that needs clarifying.
- Provide audio and handwritten feedback that is linked together within the note.
- Import audio recordings from other sources.
ORGANIZE AND SHARE NOTES
- Create subjects and simply drag notes into them.
- Share notes via email, AirDrop, printer, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, OneDrive and more.
- Move note content to other apps like Messages or Mail, and share with Drag and Drop.
- Retrieve recently deleted notes from the trash.
- iCloud automatically syncs all of your notes to Notability on iPad, iPhone, and Mac.
- Retrieve previous versions of your note to ensure safety.
- Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, or OneDrive - including business and school accounts - can be used to backup your notes in PDF format and are great for archiving or recovery.
MOBILE DEVICE MANAGEMENT (MDM)
- Schools and enterprises can configure Notability to manage access to features such as cloud services, Giphy, etc.
- For more information about MDM visit support.gingerlabs.com
We hope you enjoy using Notability, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Mac app sold separately.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
What's New in Version 7.2.1
*** Bug fixes in 7.2.1 ***
• Fixed an issue when recording audio on iOS 9
• Page margins settings are now saved for Auto-Backup
• Other minor bug fixes
*** What's New in 7.2 ***
• We now have a page margin toggle and preview for exported PDFs
• Greatly improved search speed
• Improved audio recovery when Notability is terminated while recording
*** Bug Fixes in 7.2 ***
• Notes will no longer be duplicated when enabling/disabling iCloud sync
• Dialect detection has been updated to properly spellcheck sub languages
• There is no longer a double error message popup when trying to change a note title to the name of an existing note
• Opening a PDF document in Notability from Files now allows page selection (iOS 11)
• 'Add to this note' button was missing when importing PDFs in Notability
• Better handling of renaming sub-folders in Google Drive and then exporting Notability notes to renamed folder
• Unresponsive import menu for logged in accounts when first opening the import menu in Notability
• Sticky notes with a lot of handwriting could cause crashes when dragged around quickly in a note
• Fix to allow user to go to a page while the page navigator is open
• There was a bug that kept text boxes from being created
• Fixed a crash related to subject names
• Importing a file from Files was sometimes overwriting an existing file in Notability
Great app but could be improved for teaching
I gladly bought this app as I use it to teach University classes. It allows me to write with my ApplePencil while projecting my notes from the iPad, so after every lecture I have an editable version of the notes and I can produce a PDF. Also, I can include multimedia contents, and images from the web.
However I found difficult importing external PDF in an open note as a page, and if this is the first page I cannot remove it anymore. Also, the app could be improved with a couple of very helpful additions: 1) to re-use the notes the following academic year, I would like to be able to “hide” part of the notes, to “unhide” one line at a time as I explain the notes; 2) an even better option would be to be able to create a greyed-out version of the notes in order to re-write on them during the class, i.e. as if I was writing for the first time. With these additions the app would become a very powerful teaching device.
Now hear me out makers
Ok over all GREAT app, I have a few bugs since last update.
1.) after using the app, making “ Lots of lines, and detailed graphing” the app Becomes laggy, then to the point IT CRASHES!!!
2.) after the crash, it won’t open again. And doesn’t save the note I was working on. Soooooo I have to start over.
3.) Please add a feature where you can delete pages while in the note! And even when in the edit section, be able to combine notes that are separate! Like if I made a note # 1 and it relates to note #2 I want to be able to combine 2 separate notes into one!
4.) ok this is the most annoying one. When I combine my Google drive account, and my notability, it doesn’t transfer automatically like before.
Other then these few bugs/added feature The app is great, I also want a more customizable theme. Maybe even a added graphing calculator added on. EVEN A ADDED FEATURE WHERE YOU CAN CHANGE EACH PAGE COLOR!
but last but not least. Can you add a “ freehand erase” instead of it erasing everything? I like the full erase, but there were many moments where I didn’t want an entire line erased. Other then that with these added features, I would definitely rate this 5 stars. THANKS FOR READING
Big problem w Apple note taking app
I’m not sure who is responsible for this design flaw. If someone could contact me I’d really appreciate it. This is mainly with Notes for iPad but it happens with Noteability as well. I can be typing away, as I normally do and I type fairly fast and then suddenly, without meaning to, I’ve just deleted the whole last paragraph I’ve written. How does this happen? Because suddenly the space bar shrinks in size and the portion that was on the right side becomes an “undo” button. So, I think I’m hitting the space bar, which I do a lot as I type. This happens so fast. I’ve never before had to pay attention to a changing space bar. Who needs an “undo” button anyhow? Oh, I’m writing this complaint hoping Apple folks will see it and realize that their Notes for iPad doesn’t leave a way to leave a review.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 20, 2017
- Version: 7.2.1
- Size: 133 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Ginger Labs, Inc.
- © Ginger Labs, Inc. 2017
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Bubblegum Pack$3.99