By Ginger Labs
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Apple's Mac App of The Year!
Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and annotation.
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to take notes, sketch ideas, annotate PDFs, mark-up photos, record lectures, provide audio feedback and more. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note taking experience at school, at home, and at work. And with iCloud, your notes are always up to date.
- Handwrite and sketch with beautiful ink.
- Write smoothly and quickly with zoom-writing.
- Automatic Palm Detection on iPad allows you to write naturally with your hand on the screen, just like pen on paper (Requires iOS 8 or later).
- Notability includes full-featured typing with a wide range of fonts, sizes, and colors.
- Outlines and text boxes help you quickly capture and organize ideas.
- The typing UI is uniquely designed on iPhone, iPad, and Mac for the best typing experience possible.
**Import and Annotate PDFs**
- Mark up lecture slides and meeting agendas or complete class assignments.
- Fill-out, sign, and send forms.
- Import doc and ppt files with the help of Google Drive.
**Audio Recordings: Review and Give Feedback**
- Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
- Notes automatically link to recordings, so during playback, you can watch your notes animate along with the recording, or tap them to get to the spot that needs clarifying.
- Teachers can also use these features to provide audio and handwritten feedback to students.
**All Electronic Workflow**
- Create a paperless classroom -- handout and collect assignments via the cloud.
- Speed-up feedback to students and colleagues using Notability.
- Complete, sign, and share documents in Notability.
**Organize and Share Notes**
- Create subjects and simply drag notes into them.
- Share your notes via email, AirDrop, printer, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box and more.
- iCloud automatically syncs all of your notes to iPad, iPhone, and Mac.
- Dropbox, Google Drive, or Box, can be used to backup your notes and are great for archiving or recovery.
We hope you enjoy using Notability, and we look forward to hearing from you.
What's New in Version 5.61
Fix for a bug that prevented conversion of files to PDF when importing (Error 400).
Automatic Palm Detection on iPad allows you to write naturally with your hand on the screen, just like pen on paper (Requires iOS 8 or later). This feature is on by default and can be found in Settings.
New typing toolbar on iPhone.
Bring Back the Themes!
I absolutely HATE that you took away the different theme designs! Please being them back! Dark mode is too dark and light mode is way too bright. I want the old themes back PLEASE!
Also, there's so many bugs that aren't being fixed in any of the updates that keep coming out. One bug in particular is really annoying: if I use one bullet point, then on the next line want to tab indent and have a bold dash, it'll remove my tabbed indent and add a bullet in front of the bold dash. It's hard to explain without being able to actually show what it's doing, but my point is, is we should be able to format our notes any way we want without having the app automatically format for us. Give us the option to enable and disable whether we want auto-formatting, as being able to disable auto stuff would most likely fix the issue.
Notability used to be my favorite school app, but with the removal of themes and the constant bugs, it's not my favorite anymore. Unfortunately, the only other app that can compete with Notability in Evernote, and I loathe Evernote, so I'm stuck with Notability. So please, FIX THIS APP AND BRING BACK THEMES!
An excellent app with an unfortunate glitch
As a teacher I love using this app to grade and send digital rubrics to my students. The app is easy to use and makes being at a paperless school considerably easier. There is one glitch however that has be pulling out my hair. The app allows you to clear a page ( using the all page preview choose the red x, clear page is one of the options ) in theory this would allow me to clear a form I am annotating and re-use for example when I’m grading projects. The problem is that every time one clears a new page is created in the document which you can not delete or get rid of. I did not notice this originally until a student told me that one of their rubrics was 10 pages long and 7 were blank. I am very very hopeful that this will be resolved in an update in the near future!!!!
Best Note Taking App
I experimented with a number of note taking apps and none impressed me like Notability. There are definitely some things that could use improvements, but the ability to sync all files with Mac, import and edit pdf's, power points, word documents, etc., and easily organize files is wonderful. I use Notability primarily for taking notes in college classes and it is a great change from taking notes with word documents. I also love the ability to zoom in and write small. This was very handy when drawing graphs and charts for my economics class. This is a great app and relatively cheap for how much it offers!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 30, 2015
- Version: 5.61
- Size: 49.6 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Seller: Ginger Labs, Inc.
- © Ginger Labs, Inc. 2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.