By Ginger Labs
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and annotation.
Apple's Mac App of The Year! Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Recognized by Apple as the Best Selling Paid Productivity app in 2016, 2015, 2014, and 2013!
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to take notes, sketch ideas, annotate PDFs, mark-up photos, record lectures, provide audio feedback and more. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note taking experience at school, at home, and at work. And with iCloud, your notes are always up to date.
Notability is designed for Mac
- Quickly create notes by dragging documents, photos, or audio recordings from the desktop and dropping onto the library.
- Enhance notes by dragging photos, audio recordings, and PDFs from the desktop and dropping onto a note.
- Get more done with smart keyboard shortcuts.
- Handwriting and sketches can be scaled, transformed, free and constrained rotated, nudged (with arrow keys), and restyled.
Capture memorable notes with these essential features
- Type reports and outlines in a variety of fonts, sizes, colors and styles.
- Text automatically reflows around images.
- Highlight typed text.
- Handwriting has been fine-tuned to be smooth and expressive using a trackpad or mouse.
- Sketch and write using a variety of colors, line widths, and styles.
- Draw perfectly straight lines by holding the Shift key.
- Record audio during lectures and meetings to capture more detail.
- Import audio recordings from other sources.
Audio Recordings: Review and Give Feedback
- Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
- Notes automatically link to recordings, so during playback, you can watch your notes animate along with the recording, or tap them to get to the spot that needs clarifying.
- Teachers can also use these features to provide audio feedback to students.
Import and Annotate PDFs
- Highlight text and Copy & Paste text in PDFs using the Typing tool.
- Search PDF text.
- Mark up lecture slides and meeting agendas or complete class assignments.
- Fill-out, sign, and send forms.
- Import doc and ppt files with the help of Google Drive.
All Electronic Workflow
- Create a paperless classroom -- handout and collect assignments via the cloud.
- Speed-up feedback to students and colleagues using Notability.
- Complete, sign, and share documents in Notability.
Organize and Share Notes
- Create subjects and simply drag notes into them.
- Share your notes via email, AirDrop, printer, Dropbox, Google Drive, and more.
- Retrieve recently deleted notes from the Mac OS X Trash.
- iCloud automatically syncs all of your notes to iPad, iPhone, and Mac.
- Dropbox, Google Drive, and OneDrive can be used to backup your notes and are great for archiving or recovery.
We hope you enjoy using Notability, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
What's New in Version 2.8.1
*** Bug fixes in 2.8.1 ***
• Bug fix: Recording playback didn't work properly for some notes
• Bug fix: Starting a recording can cause a crash (Yosemite only)
• Bug fix: Restored 20 minutes increments for recordings
*** What's New in 2.8 ***
• Greatly improved search speed
• Improved audio recovery when Notability is terminated while recording
*** Bug Fixes in 2.8 ***
• Notes would sometimes not download properly from iCloud
• Notes will no longer be duplicated when enabling/disabling iCloud sync
• Better handling of renaming sub-folders in Google Drive and then exporting Notability notes to renamed folder
• Sticky notes with a lot of handwriting could cause crashes when dragged around quickly in a note
• Fixed a crash related to subject names
• Other minor bug fixes
Took 4 months for them to fix Icloud bug but now it’s working.
The Ios app is great. Bought the Mac version awhile ago and was happy with it. But last two updates it got rid of my icloud documents. Now I can not access any of the documents. They are all blank and will not redownload via icloud. Ios version is still working. There is an obvious bug between icloud and their app. Please fix. I have clicked icloud sync on and off. I have deleted the app a few times with no fix in sight.
Update: They finally fixed the bug that prevented my notes from showing up/ downloading from icloud. Took them a long time. But thank you for addressing the issue and making the software still relevent. Will change back to 5 stars after another 4 months of continued use without new introduced bugs.
I love this writing app. I mean I use it exclusively for taking notes and I take a ton! But 2 things bother me: 1. Sometimes after having written a length of notes, I close the app and then when I return to that note to continue, a good chunk of my notes weren’t saved!! I don’t understand why this happens. 2. This one is more a minor nitpicky issue, but I wish that I could erase only the part of the sceen I touch as opposed to the whole portion that I’ve either written/drawn when I touch the screen - so that the eraser is more specific. Otherwise I love the various parts of the notetaking process - paper choices, highlighting, writing colors, the clean look, the ease of writing. If this issues could be fixed I would LOVE this completely and give 5 stars.
I have been using this app on my ipad for nearly all of my notes and I love it. Decided to get it fro my computer so I can access my notes no matter what device I am on and so far it has been awesome. iCloud works very well so my notes are always up to date no matter what device I’m using. Only complaint on the cumputer so far is how i can not share my screen with another application while the side tab is open. If I want to change notes I have to excite out of screen sharing, change notes and then reorganzie my windows. It’s not a big deal, but it gets frustrating and to me seems like a simple fix. Otherwise it’s great.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 13, 2018
- Version: 2.8.1
- Size: 34.2 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Ginger Labs, Inc.
- © 2017 Ginger Labs, Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor