By Ginger Labs
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and annotation.
Apple's Mac App of The Year! Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Recognized by Apple as the Best Selling Paid Productivity app in 2016, 2015, 2014, and 2013!
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to take notes, sketch ideas, annotate PDFs, mark-up photos, record lectures, provide audio feedback and more. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note taking experience at school, at home, and at work. And with iCloud, your notes are always up to date.
Notability is designed for Mac
- Quickly create notes by dragging documents, photos, or audio recordings from the desktop and dropping onto the library.
- Enhance notes by dragging photos, audio recordings, and PDFs from the desktop and dropping onto a note.
- Get more done with smart keyboard shortcuts.
- Handwriting and sketches can be scaled, transformed, free and constrained rotated, nudged (with arrow keys), and restyled.
Capture memorable notes with these essential features
- Type reports and outlines in a variety of fonts, sizes, colors and styles.
- Text automatically reflows around images.
- Highlight typed text.
- Handwriting has been fine-tuned to be smooth and expressive using a trackpad or mouse.
- Sketch and write using a variety of colors, line widths, and styles.
- Draw perfectly straight lines by holding the Shift key.
- Record audio during lectures and meetings to capture more detail.
- Import audio recordings from other sources.
Audio Recordings: Review and Give Feedback
- Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
- Notes automatically link to recordings, so during playback, you can watch your notes animate along with the recording, or tap them to get to the spot that needs clarifying.
- Teachers can also use these features to provide audio feedback to students.
Import and Annotate PDFs
- Highlight text and Copy & Paste text in PDFs using the Typing tool.
- Search PDF text.
- Mark up lecture slides and meeting agendas or complete class assignments.
- Fill-out, sign, and send forms.
- Import doc and ppt files with the help of Google Drive.
All Electronic Workflow
- Create a paperless classroom -- handout and collect assignments via the cloud.
- Speed-up feedback to students and colleagues using Notability.
- Complete, sign, and share documents in Notability.
Organize and Share Notes
- Create subjects and simply drag notes into them.
- Share your notes via email, AirDrop, printer, Dropbox, Google Drive, and more.
- Retrieve recently deleted notes from the Mac OS X Trash.
- iCloud automatically syncs all of your notes to iPad, iPhone, and Mac.
- Dropbox and Google Drive can be used to backup your notes and are great for archiving or recovery.
We hope you enjoy using Notability, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
What's New in Version 2.4.1
- Notability now detects a variety of typed or pasted data, so you can:
-- Click a hyperlink to open it in your web browser.
-- Click a date to add a calendar event.
-- Click an email address to start a message in your email app.
-- Click a phone number to dial it.
-- Click a street address to open it in Maps.
- Recover older versions of a note if iCloud syncing is enabled in Notability. To do this, right-click on a note thumbnail or title in the note list.
- Select a destination folder for Auto-backup in the all-new preferences panel.
- Progress bar for Auto-backup.
- Fixed an issue where Notability would unexpectedly scroll to the top of the document.
- Fixed a resizing issue when Notability is used in Split View.
- Fixed a crash when re-ordering pages in the page navigator.
- Fixed a file conversion issue during import.
- The toolbar no longer moves while recording audio.
New in 2.4.1
- Fixed a bug in PDF autobackup that could cause text box content to be hidden.
- Several other minor bug fixes
If you're enjoying Notability, we'd appreciate it if you took the time to leave us a review, thanks!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 24, 2017
- Version: 2.4.1
- Size: 30.6 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Ginger Labs, Inc.
- © 2017 Ginger Labs, Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor