By Ginger Labs
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Apple's Mac App of The Year! Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac!
Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and annotation.
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to take notes, sketch ideas, annotate PDFs, mark-up photos, record lectures, provide audio feedback and more. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note taking experience at school, at home, and at work. And with iCloud, your notes are always up to date.
Notability is designed for Mac
- Quickly create notes by dragging documents, photos, or audio recordings from the desktop and dropping onto the library.
- Enhance notes by dragging photos, audio recordings, and PDFs from the desktop and dropping onto a note.
- Get more done with smart keyboard shortcuts.
- Handwriting and sketches can be scaled, transformed, free and constrained rotated, nudged (with arrow keys), and restyled.
Capture memorable notes with these essential features
- Type reports and outlines in a variety of fonts, sizes, colors and styles.
- Text automatically reflows around images.
- Handwriting has been fine-tuned to be smooth and expressive using a trackpad or mouse.
- Sketch and write using a variety of colors, line widths, and styles.
- Record audio during lectures and meetings to capture more detail.
- Import audio recordings from other sources.
Audio Recordings: Review and Give Feedback
- Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
- Notes automatically link to recordings, so during playback, you can watch your notes animate along with the recording, or tap them to get to the spot that needs clarifying.
- Teachers can also use these features to provide audio feedback to students.
Import and Annotate PDFs
- Mark up lecture slides and meeting agendas or complete class assignments.
- Fill-out, sign, and send forms.
- Import doc and ppt files with the help of Google Drive.
All Electronic Workflow
- Create a paperless classroom -- handout and collect assignments via the cloud.
- Speed-up feedback to students and colleagues using Notability.
- Complete, sign, and share documents in Notability.
Organize and Share Notes
- Create subjects and simply drag notes into them.
- Share your notes via email, AirDrop, printer, Dropbox, Google Drive, and more.
- iCloud automatically syncs all of your notes to iPad, iPhone, and Mac.
- Dropbox and Google Drive can be used to backup your notes and are great for archiving or recovery.
We hope you enjoy using Notability, and we look forward to hearing from you.
What's New in Version 1.05
- Paste and match style
- Full resolution images in the note view
- Improved autocorrect
- Bug fixes
Best Notes App Available
I really appreaciate this notes app! I’ve used Evernote, Notes Plus, and several other notes programs trying to find a program that allows text, photos, audio, & handwriting, etc. all in onme app that is accessible on ipad & iphone. Evernote was the closest but they limit your data amount which is FUBAR. Then I found Notability. a few weeks ago for my iPad and I’ve been so happy with it since. Now they have a App for my computers too! This is perfect! I’ve have all my notes synced & accessible on all my devices everywhere all the time. Thanks Ginger Labs! Keep up the great work! I know other people have had issues with the program, but I guess I have been lucky so far. I hope it continues.
Serious issues persist!!
When you type a note on the Mac, the one that syncs to the iPhone shows VERY small, tiny font that is unreadable without zooming. Not sure why this is still unfixed. This is not a problem with other apps such as Day One, Tap Forms, or Together. People have been comlaining about this for months, and sveral updates later it is still not fixed. Another issue is when you delete a document on one Mac, it may stay on the other Macs after you sync (same with iDevices; trying to remedy this by turning iCoud sync off then on again, not only the deleted document (a PDF) copies back to the Mac you delleted it from, but you end up with two copies in Together on the Mac that did not delete the document. I am seriously begening to doubt “Editor Choice” designation since apparently Apple reviewers do not do a thorough test as one would expect!!
This application literally needs to do very little to be successful, but there are problems with everything. Several real words are not added to the dictionary, autocorrect won’t undo if you backspace and retype, the bullet points get all messed up when you italicize or bolden, the highlighting tools are useless if you plan on adding notes to previous sections (the highlights don’t stick with the text, you have to literally move them individually), when copying and pasting from the app the formatting gets completely screwed up, and oh so much more.
The only reason this has more than one star is because it is a simple and organized application, which is just what I wanted for taking notes in college. However, I will not be using this app next semester.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: May 07, 2015
- Version: 1.05
- Size: 28.9 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Seller: Ginger Labs, Inc.
- © 2015 Ginger Labs, Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor