By Ginger Labs
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and annotation.
Apple's Mac App of The Year! Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Recognized by Apple as the Best Selling Paid Productivity app in 2016, 2015, 2014, and 2013!
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to take notes, sketch ideas, annotate PDFs, mark-up photos, record lectures, provide audio feedback and more. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note taking experience at school, at home, and at work. And with iCloud, your notes are always up to date.
Notability is designed for Mac
- Quickly create notes by dragging documents, photos, or audio recordings from the desktop and dropping onto the library.
- Enhance notes by dragging photos, audio recordings, and PDFs from the desktop and dropping onto a note.
- Get more done with smart keyboard shortcuts.
- Handwriting and sketches can be scaled, transformed, free and constrained rotated, nudged (with arrow keys), and restyled.
Capture memorable notes with these essential features
- Type reports and outlines in a variety of fonts, sizes, colors and styles.
- Text automatically reflows around images.
- Highlight typed text.
- Handwriting has been fine-tuned to be smooth and expressive using a trackpad or mouse.
- Sketch and write using a variety of colors, line widths, and styles.
- Draw perfectly straight lines by holding the Shift key.
- Record audio during lectures and meetings to capture more detail.
- Import audio recordings from other sources.
Audio Recordings: Review and Give Feedback
- Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
- Notes automatically link to recordings, so during playback, you can watch your notes animate along with the recording, or tap them to get to the spot that needs clarifying.
- Teachers can also use these features to provide audio feedback to students.
Import and Annotate PDFs
- Highlight text and Copy & Paste text in PDFs using the Typing tool.
- Search PDF text.
- Mark up lecture slides and meeting agendas or complete class assignments.
- Fill-out, sign, and send forms.
- Import doc and ppt files with the help of Google Drive.
All Electronic Workflow
- Create a paperless classroom -- handout and collect assignments via the cloud.
- Speed-up feedback to students and colleagues using Notability.
- Complete, sign, and share documents in Notability.
Organize and Share Notes
- Create subjects and simply drag notes into them.
- Share your notes via email, AirDrop, printer, Dropbox, Google Drive, and more.
- Retrieve recently deleted notes from the Mac OS X Trash.
- iCloud automatically syncs all of your notes to iPad, iPhone, and Mac.
- Dropbox, Google Drive, and OneDrive can be used to backup your notes and are great for archiving or recovery.
We hope you enjoy using Notability, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
What's New in Version 2.7.2
*** What's new in 2.7.2 ***
* Fixed a crash when opening the iCloud version history
* Removed the incorrect black background when resolving iCloud conflicts
* Fixed a problem where the color picker would be inactive the first time it was used
* The text box now has focus when creating new subjects and dividers
Tables and functions
I like the app, especilly for undergrad and medical school. However, the only thing that I do not like is that I cannot make a table within the app itself. I need to go to another app like excel or google sheets to make the table. And then, I have to screen shot the table to put it into notability, because it always changes the format of the table when I simply copy and paste it over. It seems to do that with photos I take from ppt. or directly from google search. This is why I give it a 3. On the other hand, I love the organizational tools that it has and the fact that my recording sync with my writing.
Mac vs iPad
I’ve only been using Notability for almost two months. It’s a great iPad product. I use it often to gather notes on all of my IT and home projects. What seems to be a problem for me is that I’m finding it difficult to sync my notes created on the iPad with those created on the Mac version of Notability. After researching and following their support instructions, I still have the same iCloud sync problems. I got frustrated and decided to delete from my iMac and MacBook Pro.
Please Fix or Add the Following:
-Random deletion of most recent textual additions to (Page) notes upon switching to powerpoint
-New textbox does not open on demand when adding notes to powerpoint: requires right click
-New textbox opens out of frame
-New Textbox size is random and unreliable
-Add more fluorescence to the highlighters
-Allow export of individual slides
-Powerpoints downloaded from google chrome are not compatible
-Allow for independent assortment of powerpoints (neither alphabetical OR date recently added)
-Search tool is amazing however slow
-Allow ease of access to bookmarked slides e.g. a “Bookmarked Slides” tab
-Allow for reduction of "All Notes” navigator or Table of Contents while maintaining Powerpoint Selector [Left-hand Side] in effort to reduce used screen space while sharing
I know you all at Ginger Labs can do it; I believe in you!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 12, 2017
- Version: 2.7.2
- Size: 34.0 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Ginger Labs, Inc.
- © 2017 Ginger Labs, Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor