By Xelaton Software
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
"Note-C" is a very simple to use application for collecting your notes, snippets and any other piece of text without limiting access to your entries and offering extensive export-features.
Features of Note-C
Saving your entries
Every single entry will be stored in a separate file and you can freely choose where your entries should be saved to. Note-C automatically creates a covenant folder hierarchy where you can find your entries fast, even outside of Note-C. Additionally all entries will be saved in the open txt-file-format so you can open your entries in many text-editors. You keep full control over your entries.
Alternatively you can also save your entries in the open Textbundle-package-format, which collects all data of a single entry into one file. With a single click in the preferences of Note-C you're set up. More infos about the the Textbundle-format can be found at www.textbundle.org.
Creating multiple notebooks
Note-C allows you to create multiple notebooks, so you can diverse your entries by topics and projects.
Special editor and fullscreen-modes
The editor of Note-C offers a lot of features to make writing more efficient and spare you using the mouse, like automatic list-creation (* and - signs) or moving of text-passages with keyboard-shortcuts. Further Note-C has an inbuilt Tab-Action-Manager where you can define texts which will be inserted into your entries by using a self-defined keyword and the Tab-key. Additionally you can set the look of the editor to your preferences: Colors of text and background, font-size and -type, text-margins and more.
Also, Note-C offers the well known fullscreen-mode (OSX 10.7 or higher) and a distraction-free mode where you can completely concentrate on your text.
Collecting external files
You can add to each entry files which will be stored in a separate folder. Note-C offers options to view these files in Note-C itself or to open the files with an external application. Please Note: Files can't be added directly within the text.
Note-C supports following markup-languages: Markdown, MultiMarkdown, Textile, BBCode, Wikitext, HTML und Smark. Next to shortcuts for bold- and inverse-type and headlines. Further you can use markup while exporting your entries. Further Myary offers an integrated preview-mode to preview your formatted entries.
Quickly writing a strands without starting a new entry, Note-C offers an integrated strands-feature. Using strands allows you to collect notes, annotations or outline-ideas for your entries. To add strands to Note-C, there are diverse options available. Next to writing a strand within the application itself, you can also use the status-bar feature to write a strand or use the Note-C-bookmarklet from xelaton.com to send selected text from most web-browsers to Note-C with a single mouse-click.
Note-C offers it's own export-manager to export your entries to different text-formats. As formats available are plain text, RTF(text only), RTFD, HTML, Doc(text only), ODT(text only)) and PDF. Choosing these formats, you can also choose to export your entries into single files or to one file, which collects all selected entries.
Additionally there is the option to export your selected entries as an ePub-eBook-file, so you can read your notebook on an eBook-reader.
What's New in Version 1.3.0
- new preferences to set the infos displayed in the entry-listing (created-modified-date turn of and on, display a preview of the text: 1-5 rows can be set)
- preferences for font-size for entry-listing text
- preferences for font-size for strands-listing text
- entry-list context-menu - new option: duplicate selected entry to another notebook
- entry-list context-menu - new option: move selected entry to another notebook
- context-menu for strands
- send selected strand to text
- send all strands to text
- send all strands created today to text
- delete selected strand
- delete all strands
- delete all strands not created today
- wording change: Notices replaced by strands within the English user-interface
- images from webpages, added to the attachment-table of Note-C using drag'n drop, without a file-extension will be added now correctly so those images will displayed correctly in the attachment-table
- some adjustments to the user-interface in the "dark-mode"
- some user-interface changes to the parts where new strands are being added and edited
- improved behavior of attachment-preview when adding or deleting attachments
- wenn adding/deleting strands in the "dark-mode", they will be displayed correctly now
- add strand-sheet date-display will be shown now in the set system-language
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jul 16, 2015
- Version: 1.3.0
- Size: 8.6 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Alexander Sasse
- © Xelaton Software - Alexander Sasse
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later, 64-bit processor