By Xelaton Software
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
"Note-C" is a very simple application for collecting your notes, snippets and any other piece of text without limiting access to your entries and offering extensive export-features.
Features of Note-C
Saving your entries
Every single entry will be stored in a separate file and you can freely choose where your entries should be saved to. Note-C automatically creates a covenant folder hierarchy where you can find your entries fast, even outside of Note-C. Additionally all entries will be saved in the open txt-file-format so you can open your entries in many text-editors. You keep full control over your entries.
Alternatively you can also save your entries in the open Textbundle-package-format, which collects all data of a single entry into one file. With a single click in the preferences of Note-C you're set up. More infos about the the Textbundle-format can be found at www.textbundle.org.
Creating multiple notebooks
Note-C allows you to create multiple notebooks, so you can diverse your entries by topics and projects.
Special editor and fullscreen-modes
The editor of Note-C offers a lot of features to make writing more efficient and spare you using the mouse, like automatic list-creation (* and - signs) or moving of text-passages with keybourd-shortcuts. Further Note-C has an inbuilt Tab-Action-Manager where you can define texts which will be inserted into your entries by using a self-defined keyword and the Tab-key. Additionally you can set the look of the editor to your preferences: Colors of text and background, font-size and -type, text-margins and more.
Also, Note-C offers the well known fullscreen-mode (OSX 10.7 or higher) and a distraction-free mode where you can concentrate on your text wholefully.
Collecting external files
You can add to each entry files which will be stored in a separate folder. Note-C offers options to view these files in Note-C itself or to open the files with an external application. Please Note: Files can't be added directly within the text.
Note-C supports following markup-languages: Markdown, MultiMarkdown, Textile, BBCode, Wikitext, HTML und Smark. Next to shortcuts for bold- and inverse-type and headlines. Further you can use markup while exporting your entries. Further Myary offers an integrated preview-mode to preview your formatted entries.
Quickly writing a notice without starting a new entry, Note-C offers an integrated notice-feature. To write notices, Note-C offers diverse option. Next to writing a notice within the application itself, you can also use the status-bar feature to write a notice or use the Note-C-bookmarklet from most webbrowsers to send notices to Note-C.
Note-C offers it's own export-manager to export your entries to different text-formats. As formats available are plain text, RTF(text only), RTFD, HTML, Doc(text only) and PDF. Choosing these formats, you can also choose to export your entries into single files or to one file, which collects all selected entries.
Additionally there is the option to export your selected entries as an ePub-eBook-file, so you can read your notebook on an eBook-reader.
What's New in Version 1.2.0
- Textbundle-support, can be activated within the Preferences > General > File-Extension. Learn more about the Textbundle-file-format at http://www.textbundle.org
- Smark version 1.1.2 implemented
- image-attachments can be pasted/dragged to most apps using Drag'n Drop
- new option within the preferences to move original-files to the trash after adding them to Note-C
- Multimarkdown-preview and shortcuts for bold-, inverse- and headline-markup added
- HTML-preview and shortcuts for bold-, inverse- and headline-markup added
- rightclick-menu added to the entry-listing with following options:
- open entries in a separate window
- rename entry
- delete entry
- show file of entry in Finder
- show attachments of entry in Finder
- saving tab-actions in certain using-conditions improved
- handling of attachments improved when the attachment-preview-window is active
- handling of Drag'n Drop of attachments to the text-editor improved
- attachment-preview-windows remembers its position for the next session
- several smaller improvements for the export of entries
- export to ePub-format with improved compatibility to iBooks
- several smaller improvements to the interface
- several smaller improvements for searching entries
- when a new file-extension is being set and confirmed with pressing Enter, the list of entries will be refreshed
- when adding images using Drag'n Drop to the text-editor, the correct markup will be inserted now
- erroneous display of the text-field in certain circumstances fixed
- fixed a bug when exporting entries with certain options selected solved which lead to empty pages
- fixed an error when exporting entries to the PDF-format which caused that no images would be embedded when the option "All entries to one file" was selected
- solved an issue when exporting to the ePub-format concerning embedded metadata
- improved reaction of search to input and therefore solving an issue which lead to aborting the search
- fixed some issues with the user-interface
- fixed some issues when exporting to ePub-format which could lead to unreadable files
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 16, 2014
- Version: 1.2.0
- Size: 8.6 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Alexander Sasse
- © Xelaton Software - Alexander Sasse
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later, 64-bit processor