By Xelaton Software
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
"Note-C" is a very simple application for collecting your notes, snippets and any other piece of text without limiting access to your entries and offering extensive export-features.
Features of Note-C
Saving your entries
Every single entry will be stored in a separate file and you can freely choose where your entries should be saved to. Note-C automatically creates a covenant folder hierarchy where you can find your entries fast, even outside of Note-C. Additionally all entries will be saved in the open txt-file-format so you can open your entries in many text-editors. You keep full control over your entries.
Creating multiple notebooks
Note-C allows you to create multiple notebooks, so you can diverse your entries by topics and projects.
Special editor and fullscreen-modes
The editor of Note-C offers a lot of features to make writing more efficient and spare you using the mouse, like automatic list-creation (* and - signs) or moving of text-passages with keybourd-shortcuts. Additionally you can set the look of the editor to your preferences: Colors of text and background, font-size and -type, text-margins and more.
Also, Note-C offers the well known fullscreen-mode (Lion and Mountain Lion) and a distraction-free mode where you can concentrate on your text wholefully.
Collecting external files
You can add to each entry files which will be stored in a separate folder. Note-C offers options to view these files in Note-C itself or to open the files with an external application. Please Note: Files can't be added directly within the text.
Note-C supports following markup-languages: Markdown, Textile, BBCode, Wikitext, HTML und Smark. Next to shortcuts for bold- and inverse-type and headlines. Further you can use markup while exporting your entries.
Quickly writing a notice without starting a new entry, Note-C offers an integrated notice-feature. To write notices, Note-C offers diverse option. Next to writing a notice within the application itself, you can also use the status-bar feature to write a notice or use the Note-C-bookmarklet from most webbrowsers to send notices to Note-C.
Note-C offers it's own export-manager to export your entries to different text-formats. As formats available are plain text, RTF, RTFD, HTML, Doc and PDF. Choosing these formats, you can also choose to export your entries into single files or to one file, which collects all selected entries.
Additionally there is the option to export your selected entries as an ePub-eBook-file, so you can read your notebook on an eBook-reader.
What's New in Version 1.0.5
- navigation-shortcut for entry-selection (CMD+ and CMD-)
- navigation swipe-gesture for entry-selection. Two-finger swipe to the left selects next entry, two-finger swipe to the right selects previous entry
- when setting markup per shortcut, autosaving will now be triggered
- adding images to the attachment-bar improved, Opera and Chrome are supported now too
- dark-window mode, can be activated via the preferences
- Textile-Parser updated to version 3.5.5
- Smark-Parser updated to version 1.1.0
- shortcut added to select the text-editor
- shortcut added to reset search-results
- better handling of text-files with undefined encoding
- improvements within the preferences for setting and changing notebooks
- shortcut for adding date and time (CMD+Shift+D)
- search improved, special-, japanese-, chinese-, etc.-characters can be searched for now too
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 17, 2014
- Version: 1.0.5
- Size: 1.2 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Alexander Sasse
- © Xelaton Software - Alexander Sasse
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later, 64-bit processor