Notebook - Take Notes, Sync across devices
By Zoho Corporation
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Beautifully simple. Simply the best note-taking app for Mac.
Take notes, create checklists, record audio, capture moments with Notebook. All your notes are instantly synced across your devices and to the cloud.
The simple, intimate joy of Notebook comes from using the app. We've been meticulous in our design, paying attention to every detail. Notebook is 100% free and ad-free. Mobile apps and a Web Clipper for Chrome are also available.
Notebook provides different ways to take notes and capture your thoughts.
- Write notes. Start with text, add images, checklists or audio, all in the same note.
- Create and mark checklists to get stuff done with the dedicated checklist note card.
- Record ideas, meetings, and lectures with the audio note card.
- Capture moments using the dedicated photo note card.
We've brought mobile-inspired gestures to the Mac. Navigate Notebook without a single click.
- Hover over notebooks and note cards; two finger swipe for more information, or to lock or delete.
- Pinch in and out to open and close notebooks and note card groups.
- Use two fingers to flick through grouped note cards.
CUSTOMIZE & ORGANIZE
- Choose a notebook cover or create your own by simply dragging an image onto a notebook.
- Color code your notes by choosing from one of our pre-made colors, or by choosing your own.
- Organize note cards into notebooks; group note cards that go together.
- Move or copy note cards between notebooks.
SYNC, SECURE & SEARCH
- Synchronize all your notes and notebooks across devices and to the cloud.
- Begin taking a note on one device, add to it from another later.
- Lock individual notes and notebooks with Touch ID or passcodes.
- Search your notes within a notebook or across notebooks.
Touch Bar runs through Notebook, providing contextual navigation options throughout the app.
- Change views and create note cards directly from the Touch Bar.
- Each note card comes with its own set of contextual Touch Bar options.
- Change notebook covers or note card colors from the Touch Bar.
App Preview Video: zoho.to/notebook
If you have any questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com
Additional information about the app is available at zoho.com/notebook/notebook-for-mac.html
What's New in Version 1.0.2
Fixed a few bugs and made a few other enhancements.
Minor bugs, but an evernote killer
This product has a big future ahead of it and does a lot of organizational things that Evernote does WRONG.
Honestly, the way that the notebooks and notes are logically organized makes perfect sense for collecting thoughts and notes and is only elevated by how easy it is to move notes around (grouping them, changing notebooks) and viewing them (swipe gestures on iPhone, stacking notes visually in groups, pinching and collapsing them on iPhone).
Allowing people to quickly change your notebook image makes it feel very personalized which is what people always want when writing in real physical notebooks. The binding band on the notebook is a great stylistic touch that makes it feel more real.
Images can be attached in a note OR as it’s own note that acts AS AN IMAGE – it's a brilliant way to separate the two different types of notes.
Evernote overcomplicates their interface and product experience and additionally has an ugly old feeling UI (they are slowly moving away from this in the browser and on mobile devices). Zoho does a great job of making a very simple minimal UI that helps you focus on your content and doesn’t overload you with annoying content / advertising / features you don’t need.
Keep this minimalist, ease of organization and customization, device-consistent based approach going – this app is a winner.
Do not get this app
CAN I RATE THIS 0 STARS??
The app itself is nice and visually appealing but under the hood, it’s functionality is terrible and the sync service is even worse. I was working in the app not long ago and all of a sudden it deletes every single note I have. This has happened twice and the first time I thought it was a fluke, but I decided to keep using it. This time I am done for sure with this app. I heavily suggest to all of you never to get this app. Switch back to Evernote or something else. They might not be as visually appealing but at least you won’t lose all of your data. Did I mention there’s no way to recover or back up your data throught the app? Don’t even get me started on how you can’t add any files or anything to your notes. Save yourself a lot of pain and DO NOT GET THIS APP.
Finally a decent notes app. Loving it!
Awesome, awesome, awesome. I’ve checked out at least 2 dozens of notes apps on the app store and I couldn’t believe there was nothing remotely usable. I pretty much started praying for someone smart to invent a cool one and my prayers have been answered. I have one single, super minor concern - why do numbers in the notes turn to hyperlinks or something? Anyway, that’s not important. I love, love this app and I can’t believe it’s free. I’ll definitely look into Zoho more closely. And people, don’t let this app go stale, please. I do hope it has a future. :)
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Feb 10, 2017
- Version: 1.0.2
- Size: 43.6 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, Filipino, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Zoho Corporation
- © 2017, Zoho Corporation Pvt. Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor