Notebook - Take Notes, Sync
By Zoho Corporation
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Beautifully simple. Simply the best note-taking app for Mac.
Take notes, create checklists, record audio, capture moments with Notebook. All your notes are instantly synced across your devices and to the cloud.
The simple, intimate joy of Notebook comes from using the app. We've been meticulous in our design, paying attention to every detail. Notebook is 100% free and ad-free. Mobile apps and a Web Clipper are also available.
Notebook provides different ways to take notes and capture your thoughts.
- Write notes. Start with text, add images, checklists or audio, all in the same note.
- Create and mark checklists to get stuff done with the dedicated checklist note card.
- Record ideas, meetings, and lectures with the audio note card.
- Capture moments using the dedicated photo note card.
Content added to Notebook gets intelligently formatted into beautiful, distinct cards.
- Recipe Card automatically pulls the recipe photo and description, creates a checklist for ingredients, and provides step-by-step cooking instructions. See zoho.com/notebook for supported sites.
- Video Card automatically pulls video preview and, once cards is opened, plays in a distraction-free space. Works for YouTube and Vimeo.
- Link Card pulls the headline or page title of any link, along with the main image, creating a beautiful note card.
We've brought mobile-inspired gestures to the Mac. Navigate Notebook without a single click.
- Hover over notebooks and note cards; two finger swipe for more information, or to lock or delete.
- Pinch in and out to open and close notebooks and note card groups.
- Use two fingers to flick through grouped note cards.
CUSTOMIZE & ORGANIZE
- Choose a notebook cover or create your own by simply dragging an image onto a notebook.
- Color code your notes by choosing from one of our pre-made colors, or by choosing your own.
- Organize note cards into notebooks; group note cards that go together.
- Move or copy note cards between notebooks.
SYNC, SECURE & SEARCH
- Synchronize all your notes and notebooks across devices and to the cloud.
- Begin taking a note on one device, add to it from another later.
- Lock individual notes and notebooks with Touch ID or passcodes.
- Search your notes within a notebook or across notebooks.
Touch Bar runs through Notebook, providing contextual navigation options throughout the app.
- Change views and create note cards directly from the Touch Bar.
- Each note card comes with its own set of contextual Touch Bar options.
- Change notebook covers or note card colors from the Touch Bar.
If you have any questions, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional information about the app is available at zoho.com/notebook
What's New in Version 3.0.1
We've improved your experience with the app by squashing away a few bugs.
Best App for Notes- And I Promise, I’ve Tested A LOT
Wonderful app for taking notes. Wonderfully organized, you can create notebooks for each topic or subtopic even if one desired and as a means of knowing each journal upon looking at it, you can use pre-created imagery for the cover of individual journals or you can upload your own. I love One Note but it has become increasingly frustrating since it became associated with the limitations of microsofts failed “one drive”- I wish Mac had an equivilent to one note as it does for the majority of the word suite. But, as of now, this is the best one I’ve yet to use and I think I am done searching unless a flaw appears. And trust me; I’ve tried A LOT of apps for note taking as research and notes are a huge part of my daily life. This is a great deal; especially for FREE and no annoying hidden prices that I see. So thank you to the developers! I’d only ask for subsections to be added so that 1 journal can have many topics. If it has this and I’m missing it, please correct me :) Thank you!
Not Ready for Prime Time
Perhaps if you only have a limite number of notes to organize, this app might work, or, perhaps if you started from scratch and added notes as you needed them, then this app might be worth considering. However, it’s lacking too many basic organizational features to be useful to someone having a large amount of notes, and/or anyone who needs to perform a large amount of organization on existing notes.
You can import from Evernote, but not easily. Each notebook needs to be exported separately, which forces you to take a lot of time in order to do the import. Also, several files/images weren’t imported. There’s no way to know, unless you contact support (seriously?). The card view is nice, but not when you have tens, let alone hundreds, of notes. In this case, a list view would be better.
Notes with media are sort of a pain. You can’t move images to a new location. You’re limited on file size. Animated GIFs are stored elsewhere, rather inline with the text. There’s no way to unlink text or an image. Thus you’re forced to keep them or retype or repaste the image. And, since pasted images are forced to the bottom, you’ll never get the document to look the way you want it.
There are other issues here, but I’m stopping use of the app, as it is not a replacement for Evernote, unless, perhaps, you don’t really use Evernote.
This is a great app and really makes taking notes in school a lot easier. One recommendation I have for the company (if you’re reading this) is to add colors and fonts. If you right click one highlighted text you can change the font, but it doesn’t save like that. Please fix this and make changing color of the text avalible, it would really make this app even more fun.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 10, 2017
- Version: 3.0.1
- Size: 47.2 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, Filipino, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Zoho Corporation
- © 2017, Zoho Corporation Pvt. Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor