Notebooks 8 - Write and Process Documents. Store and Organize Files. Manage Tasks and Projects.
By Alfons Schmid
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Notebooks provides you with convenient ways to store and organize your documents, quickly write down notes or carefully create beautiful documents, and manage your tasks and projects. It also converts documents to PDF or produces eBooks with just a few taps. So if you are looking for a single app than can handle all your writings, minutes, tasks and documents, you need to have Notebooks on your iPad and iPhone today.
What you might be able do in a handful of unrelated apps, or what you can try to achieve in a collection of paper based notebooks, you can easily do in Notebooks, which fuses the power of multiple apps. This is what it combines:
• Text Editor and Note Taker
• Word Processor
• Markdown Composer
• HTML to Markdown Converter (Markdownify)
• Task Manager and Reminder
• File Storage and Organizer
• Voice Recorder
• Clipboard Manager
• PDF Converter
• PDF Reader (in app purchase)
• eBook Creator
Its robust Dropbox and WebDAV synchronization options make it easy to share your collections of documents not only across multiple iOS devices, but also with your Mac or PC. Dedicated desktop versions of Notebooks can seamlessly pick up your work exactly where you left it on your iPhone or iPad.
What Users Say
"Notebooks is my workhorse. I use it every day and all day to manage all my business and personal stuff. It has replaced my daybook and project notebooks entirely - and done so with efficiency and style. It's still the best!"
“Notebooks is a wonderful App, which is so much better than the dozen other note apps I tried. It is sophisticated, in an unassuming way, so that you find yourself greatly rewarded and being productive without sacrificing time/effort to the App. I cannot tell you how much productivity I have gained. I am having a huge amount of fun, I use it constantly, more than the phone on my iPhone in fact."
“You are GTD in every way that makes it efficient and makes me efficient.”
Some More Detail
- Notebooks allows you to conveniently write, capture and organize your ideas, notes, reminders, journals, diaries or details of life that you want to keep close at hand. If you need to take an important note, or search for one, you'll always have the ultimate notebook at your fingertips.
- Notebooks stores and displays almost any document you want to carry with you: text and HTML, PDF, MS Office or iWork documents, web pages, photos, videos, music and even your Palm memos. Everything you would usually print out and file you can put directly into Notebooks, without adding bulk.
- Notebooks also keeps your task lists and lets you tick off your to-dos as you complete them. You can divide your projects into nested sub projects, which makes them easier to handle, and with Notebooks' links you can cross-reference to documents which may be stored elsewhere in Notebooks. When a task reaches its due date, Notebooks' badge on the home screen reminds you of pending business, and an optional acoustic alert tries to draw your attention.
- Notebooks provides tools to further process your documents; you can convert them to PDF or turn them into eBooks, but you can also merge multiple documents into one, or split meeting minutes into separate tasks and route them directly into your inbox.
Whether you want to draft a business presentation, type a chapter of your short-story, save web pages to read later, write an entry in your diary or journal, tick off your tasks, or just capture notes and ideas on the go, you need to have Notebooks today.
For more information, please visit our website.
If you experience any problems or issues, please contact us by mail. Your feedback helps us improve Notebooks. Thank you!
What's New in Version 8.1.2
This update improves compatibility with iOS 9.
Great for typing notes and storing PDFs
Supports markdown syntax so it is really easy to quickly type and format text, but it is much more than a simple note-taking app because it allows for inclusion of pictures, clickable URLs, tappable phone numbers and addresses, etc. Furthermore, it will import scanned items (PDF’s from Scanbot) and handwritten notes (PDF’s from Notability) alongside my existing text notes into folders (called “notebooks”), which makes the app my all-in-one repository for “notes” on a given project. Syncs well with iPad and Mac versions of the app via DropBox (way quicker and more reliable than iCloud), thus allowing me access from all my devices. I deducted a star because the app searches titles and contents separately, and editing markdown files is a bit kludgy (when you tap on a document to edit it, you often end up in a different part of the document). But it is a great app, that I rely on every day to manage notes, etc.
Love & Hate
I have used this app for years and loved it, until I bought a new iPad. I went to transfer the files to the new iPad and LOST EVERYTHING!! Because the app will not import folders (according to the manual online) I cannot recover the backup. I am now using OneNote from Microsoft until you guys can sync across devices automatically via iCloud. Other apps do this, why can't you?
Crashes in iOS 9
One of my favorite apps that does so many things well. Too bad it cashes on startup in iOS 9. Didn't you know it was coming?
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 21, 2015
- Version: 8.1.2
- Size: 29.1 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Spanish
- Seller: Alfons Schmid
- © 2008-2015 Alfons Schmid
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- PDF Reader$3.99