By Alfons Schmid
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Notebooks provides you with convenient ways to quickly write down notes or carefully create beautiful documents, store and organize files, and manage tasks and projects. It converts documents to PDF or produces eBooks with just a few taps, and even offers an optional, full featured PDF Reader. If you are into Markdown, Notebooks is as well.
So if you want to manage all your documents, writings, notes, tasks and files in one app, Notebooks is exactly what you are looking for.
What you might be able do in a handful of unrelated apps, or what you can try to achieve in a collection of paper based notebooks, you can easily do in Notebooks, which fuses the power of multiple apps. This is what it combines:
• Text Editor and Note Taker
• Word Processor
• Markdown Composer
• HTML to Markdown Converter (Markdownify)
• Task Manager and Reminder
• File Storage and Organizer
• Voice Recorder
• Clipboard Manager
• PDF Converter
• PDF Reader (in app purchase)
• eBook Creator
Its robust Dropbox and WebDAV synchronization options make it easy to share your collections of documents not only across multiple iOS devices, but also with your Mac or PC. Dedicated desktop versions of Notebooks can seamlessly pick up your work exactly where you left it on your iPhone or iPad.
What Users Say
"Notebooks is my workhorse. I use it every day and all day to manage all my business and personal stuff. It has replaced my daybook and project notebooks entirely - and done so with efficiency and style. It's still the best!"
“Notebooks is a wonderful App, which is so much better than the dozen other note apps I tried. It is sophisticated, in an unassuming way, so that you find yourself greatly rewarded and being productive without sacrificing time/effort to the App. I cannot tell you how much productivity I have gained. I am having a huge amount of fun, I use it constantly, more than the phone on my iPhone in fact."
“You are GTD in every way that makes it efficient and makes me efficient.”
Some More Detail
- Notebooks allows you to conveniently write, capture and organize your ideas, notes, reminders, journals, diaries or details of life that you want to keep close at hand. If you need to take an important note, or search for one, you'll always have the ultimate notebook at your fingertips.
- Notebooks stores and displays almost any document you want to carry with you: text and HTML, PDF, MS Office or iWork documents, web pages, photos, videos, music and even your Palm memos. Everything you would usually print out and file you can put directly into Notebooks, without adding bulk.
- Notebooks also keeps your task lists and lets you tick off your to-dos as you complete them. You can divide your projects into nested sub projects, which makes them easier to handle, and with Notebooks' links you can cross-reference to documents which may be stored elsewhere in Notebooks. When a task reaches its due date, Notebooks' badge on the home screen reminds you of pending business, and an optional acoustic alert tries to draw your attention.
- Notebooks provides tools to further process your documents; you can convert them to PDF or turn them into eBooks, but you can also merge multiple documents into one, or split meeting minutes into separate tasks and route them directly into your inbox.
Whether you want to draft a business presentation, type a chapter of your short-story, save web pages to read later, write an entry in your diary or journal, tick off your tasks, or just capture notes and ideas on the go, you need to have Notebooks today.
For more information, please visit our website.
If you experience any problems or issues, please contact us by mail. Your feedback helps us improve Notebooks. Thank you!
What's New in Version 8.7
Notebooks 8.7 adds support for iOS 11, adds Drag and Drop capabilities and allows users to create documents, task lists and tasks through Siri. It also contains a couple of improvement and corrections.
Additions (iOS 11)
- Use Drag and Drop to move documents in Notebooks, exchange documents with other apps, import text snippets, photos etc.
- Use Siri to add notes, tasks and task lists .
Changes (iOS 11)
- To jump to Notebooks' top level, touch and hold the "Back" button (instead of the current item's title).
- To open a document in 2-Up mode (two documents side by side), swipe right across the second document's title in the list (touch and hold initiates drag & drop now).
Improvements and Corrections
- The keyboard can be dismissed with s swipe-down gesture.
- Quicksync with Dropbox even when "Sync on mobile networks" is turned off.
- Formatted documents no longer produce an empty trailing page during PDF conversion or printing when using US Letter.
- Hiding the keyboard in a formatted document in portrait mode correctly terminates the editing session.
- Context tags that appear at the beginning of a document (1st character) are correctly extracted.
- The extra keyboard keys use an improved layout on wide displays.
- Voice memos are reliably uploaded to Dropbox (if enabled).
- When closing Notebooks, PDF Reader's annotations are reliably saved.
- The Markdown conversion better deals with various text encodings.
- Document's icons are correctly updated when toggling "Show as Task" or "Show as Task List".
Limited editor, but gets job done
I had been rating this App a “5”. However, despite the fact that it gets regular updates, the long-promised Search and Replace is missing and seriously limits this otherwise great App.
I like how it creates e-books (EPUB): you can use your own style sheets and easily switch between them; it automatically creates the Table of Contents; it can generate an e-book for just 1 Chapter, or just as easily the whole book. I like using e-books for notes when I give presentations. Its decent set of features works well for me. The lack of Search and Replace is puzzling.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 18, 2017
- Version: 8.7
- Size: 81.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Spanish
- Seller: Alfons Schmid
- © 2008-2017 Alfons Schmid
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- PDF Reader$2.99