Notebooks - All Your Documents, Files and Tasks
By Alfons Schmid
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Notebooks provides you with convenient ways to quickly write down notes or carefully create beautiful documents, store and organize files, and manage tasks and projects. It converts documents to PDF or produces eBooks with just a few taps, and even offers an optional, full featured PDF Reader. If you are into Markdown, Notebooks is as well.
So if you want to manage all your documents, writings, notes, tasks and files in one app, Notebooks is exactly what you are looking for.
What you might be able do in a handful of unrelated apps, or what you can try to achieve in a collection of paper based notebooks, you can easily do in Notebooks, which fuses the power of multiple apps. This is what it combines:
• Text Editor and Note Taker
• Word Processor
• Markdown Composer
• HTML to Markdown Converter (Markdownify)
• Task Manager and Reminder
• File Storage and Organizer
• Voice Recorder
• Clipboard Manager
• PDF Converter
• PDF Reader (in app purchase)
• eBook Creator
Its robust Dropbox and WebDAV synchronization options make it easy to share your collections of documents not only across multiple iOS devices, but also with your Mac or PC. Dedicated desktop versions of Notebooks can seamlessly pick up your work exactly where you left it on your iPhone or iPad.
What Users Say
"Notebooks is my workhorse. I use it every day and all day to manage all my business and personal stuff. It has replaced my daybook and project notebooks entirely - and done so with efficiency and style. It's still the best!"
“Notebooks is a wonderful App, which is so much better than the dozen other note apps I tried. It is sophisticated, in an unassuming way, so that you find yourself greatly rewarded and being productive without sacrificing time/effort to the App. I cannot tell you how much productivity I have gained. I am having a huge amount of fun, I use it constantly, more than the phone on my iPhone in fact."
“You are GTD in every way that makes it efficient and makes me efficient.”
Some More Detail
- Notebooks allows you to conveniently write, capture and organize your ideas, notes, reminders, journals, diaries or details of life that you want to keep close at hand. If you need to take an important note, or search for one, you'll always have the ultimate notebook at your fingertips.
- Notebooks stores and displays almost any document you want to carry with you: text and HTML, PDF, MS Office or iWork documents, web pages, photos, videos, music and even your Palm memos. Everything you would usually print out and file you can put directly into Notebooks, without adding bulk.
- Notebooks also keeps your task lists and lets you tick off your to-dos as you complete them. You can divide your projects into nested sub projects, which makes them easier to handle, and with Notebooks' links you can cross-reference to documents which may be stored elsewhere in Notebooks. When a task reaches its due date, Notebooks' badge on the home screen reminds you of pending business, and an optional acoustic alert tries to draw your attention.
- Notebooks provides tools to further process your documents; you can convert them to PDF or turn them into eBooks, but you can also merge multiple documents into one, or split meeting minutes into separate tasks and route them directly into your inbox.
Whether you want to draft a business presentation, type a chapter of your short-story, save web pages to read later, write an entry in your diary or journal, tick off your tasks, or just capture notes and ideas on the go, you need to have Notebooks today.
For more information, please visit our website.
If you experience any problems or issues, please contact us by mail. Your feedback helps us improve Notebooks. Thank you!
What's New in Version 8.6.3
This update contains stability improvements and corrects issues reported by our users. Thanks a lot for your feedback.
- The flickering effect when activating the keyboard has been eliminated.
- Formatting buttons appear with a smoother animation to avoid any extra scrolling.
- Extra keyboard keys show up as expected in split view on iPad Pro.
- Opening "Look Up" to find a definition no longer terminates the editing session.
- Reliably convert very long Markdown documents.
- Address a potential crash when using automatic Markdown detection in combination with automatic Dropbox sync.
- Resolve an issue when the title contains umlauts on iOS 10.3.3.
- Select the correct file extension when importing from other apps (avoid .file-url).
- Using "Apply Current Style" for multiple books or duplicating books works as expected again.
- Renaming a PDF document no longer produces the "Document not available" message.
- When editing a document with an external keyboard on an iPhone, the toolbar no longer overlaps the text.
Limited editor, but gets job done
I had been rating this App a “5”, but, although it has received other updates, the long-promised Search and Replace is still missing and seriously limits this otherwise great App.
I like how it creates e-books (EPUB): you can use your own style sheets and easily switch between them; it automatically creates the Table of Contents; it can generate an e-book for just 1 Chapter, or just as easily the whole book. I like using e-books for notes when I give presentations. The combination of features works well for me. It’s not perfect, but in combination with other tools, I find it very useful.
AWESOME App and Developer!
I downloaded 30+ notebooks apps and this is the absolute BEST of them all! The developer is amazing with response times and a willingness to add feature improvements (such as saving the original photo to the camera roll too). I HIGHLY recommend this app! Even if you're not going to use the PDF Reader, I suggest buying it just to keep supporting the development efforts. This app has replaced Evernote for me - it does a better job without outrageous feels or upload limitations. Nice job!
Outstanding app that simply works every time!
Get this app if you need to: manage To Do lists; keep notes; sync this information between multiple, cross platform devices using a third party cloud service (like Dropbox); and export your saved information anytime without restrictions in standard file formats.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jul 17, 2017
- Version: 8.6.3
- Size: 80.1 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Alfons Schmid
- © 2008-2017 Alfons Schmid
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- PDF Reader$2.99