This is the "iPhone only" version of Notebooks. If you want to run it on your iPad, too, you might want to pick the universal version of Notebooks, which is available here on the App Store, too.
Notebooks provides you with convenient ways to quickly write down notes or carefully create beautiful documents, store and organize files, and manage tasks and projects. It converts documents to PDF or produces eBooks with just a few taps, and even offers an optional, full featured PDF Reader. If you are into Markdown, Notebooks is as well.
So if you want to manage all your documents, writings, notes, tasks and files in one app, Notebooks is exactly what you are looking for.
What you might be able do in a handful of unrelated apps, or what you can try to achieve in a collection of paper based notebooks, you can easily do in Notebooks, which fuses the power of multiple apps. This is what it combines:
• Text Editor and Note Taker
• Word Processor
• Markdown Composer
• HTML to Markdown Converter (Markdownify)
• Task Manager and Reminder
• File Storage and Organizer
• Voice Recorder
• Clipboard Manager
• PDF Converter (including encryption)
• eBook Creator
Its robust Dropbox and WebDAV synchronization options make it easy to share your collections of documents not only across multiple iOS devices, but also with your Mac or PC. Dedicated desktop versions of Notebooks can seamlessly pick up your work exactly where you left it on your iPhone or iPad.
What Users Say
"Notebooks is my workhorse. I use it every day and all day to manage all my business and personal stuff. It has replaced my daybook and project notebooks entirely - and done so with efficiency and style. It's still the best!"
“Notebooks is a wonderful App, which is so much better than the dozen other note apps I tried. It is sophisticated, in an unassuming way, so that you find yourself greatly rewarded and being productive without sacrificing time/effort to the App. I cannot tell you how much productivity I have gained. I am having a huge amount of fun, I use it constantly, more than the phone on my iPhone in fact."
“You are GTD in every way that makes it efficient and makes me efficient.”
Some More Detail
- Notebooks allows you to conveniently write, capture and organize your ideas, notes, reminders, journals, diaries or details of life that you want to keep close at hand. If you need to take an important note, or search for one, you'll always have the ultimate notebook at your fingertips.
- Notebooks stores and displays almost any document you want to carry with you: text and HTML, PDF, MS Office or iWork documents, web pages, photos, videos, music and even your Palm memos. Everything you would usually print out and file you can put directly into Notebooks, without adding bulk.
- Notebooks also keeps your task lists and lets you tick off your to-dos as you complete them. You can divide your projects into nested sub projects, which makes them easier to handle, and with Notebooks' links you can cross-reference to documents which may be stored elsewhere in Notebooks. When a task reaches its due date, Notebooks' badge on the home screen reminds you of pending business, and an optional acoustic alert tries to draw your attention.
- Notebooks provides tools to further process your documents; you can convert them to PDF or turn them into eBooks, but you can also merge multiple documents into one, or split meeting minutes into separate tasks and route them directly into your inbox.
So you see, whether you want to draft a business presentation, type a chapter of your short-story, save web pages to read later, write an entry in your diary or journal, tick off your tasks, or just capture notes and ideas on the go, you need to have Notebooks today.
For more information and a complete list of features, please visit our website.
This update contains interface refinements and stability improvements.
- Several touch ups for editing plain text documents.
- Addresses a crash when trying to extract encrypted ZIP archives.
- Fixes an issue when converting a document to a task list.
- The gesture to jump to the end of very long document (tap and hold document once with two fingers) works more reliably.
Ratings and Reviews
I stumbled on this app sometime ago and downloaded and installed it and I’m making quite a bit of use of it. I currently have 7 separate notebooks and 2 individual documents set up. Each notebook has a varying amount of documents in them.
I still have 2 other apps that I use as well but will be, when time permits (it’s getting late here and my bad shoulder is tiring), moving the notes I have in one to Notebooks. I’m keeping the other app as it has some notes in it that I would rather have in a separate app due to their content.
I’m very happy with Notebooks and will continue to use it for as long as it’s available!
I have avidly used Notebooks since it first came out. I purchased the upgrade as prompted by the app in lieu of IOS 11 release. NONE of my many files came over with the app upgrade and now I can’t get to them on the old version which does not work with IOS 11 - will not open at all.
Adding insult to injury I had to repurchase the app for some reason as it did not show that I had purchased it in the App Store. Additionally I have sent 2 emails via their contact sheet and no response. Hopefully this negative rating will get someone’s attention. Until then I give it a “1” since I can’t give it a “0”!!
Developer Response ,
I am sorry that we obviously did not receive your emails, otherwise we had responded, as we always do. - iOS 11 no longer supports older apps, and it seems you have still been using Notebooks 6, which was discontinued four years ago. Notebooks 8, the current release, cannot automatically access the documents in Notebooks 6 (which are still on your device), but we have posted migration guide that helps you restore them. It is the first article in our FAQ, available at https://notebooksapp.com/faqconc/notebooks-6-wont-open-ios-11.
Regarding the second purchase of Notebooks 8: could it be that you now have "Notebooks 8" and "Notebooks 8 for iPhone"? These are separate apps; if you just need one of them, please get in touch with the App Store team and ask for a refund of one of them.
Best app for detailed note takers.
I use to carry a small 3x5 notebook with a pen attached to jot notes down constantly throughout the day, at work and at home, to help me remember and stay organized.
This app’s name is so apropos because it has totally replaced my paper notebook, with the ability to search and easily re-organize any of my notes!!
Thank you Mr. Alfons!!
- Alfons Schmid
- 79 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2008-2019 Alfons Schmid
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.