Notebooks allows you to quickly write down notes or carefully create documents, manage tasks and projects, and store and organize files in unlimited hierarchies. It converts documents to PDF and produces eBooks with just a few taps, and even offers an optional, full featured PDF Reader. If you are into Markdown, Notebooks is as well. - If you want to manage all your documents, writings, notes, tasks and files in one app, Notebooks is the app you have been looking for.
With Notebooks you get the power of multiple apps:
• Text Editor and Note Taker
• Word Processor
• Markdown Composer
• HTML to Markdown Converter
• Task Manager and Reminder
• File Storage and Organizer
• Voice Recorder
• Clipboard Manager
• PDF Converter
• PDF Reader (in app purchase)
• eBook Creator
Its robust Dropbox and WebDAV synchronization options make it easy to share your collections of documents not only across multiple iOS devices, but also with your Mac or PC. Dedicated desktop versions of Notebooks can seamlessly pick up your work exactly where you left it on your iPhone or iPad.
What Users Say
“Notebooks is a wonderful App, which is so much better than the dozen other note apps I tried. It is sophisticated, in an unassuming way, so that you find yourself greatly rewarded and being productive without sacrificing time/effort to the App. I cannot tell you how much productivity I have gained. I am having a huge amount of fun, I use it constantly, more than the phone on my iPhone in fact."
“You are GTD in every way that makes it efficient and makes me efficient.”
- Notebooks allows you to conveniently write, capture and organize your ideas, notes, reminders, journals, diaries or details of life that you want to keep close at hand. If you need to take an important note, or search for one, you'll always have the ultimate notebook at your fingertips.
- Notebooks stores and displays almost any document you want to carry with you: text and HTML, PDF, MS Office or iWork documents, web pages, photos, videos, music and even your Palm memos. Everything you would usually print out and file you can put directly into Notebooks, without adding bulk.
- Notebooks also keeps your task lists and lets you tick off your to-dos as you complete them. You can divide your projects into nested sub projects, which makes them easier to handle, and with Notebooks' links you can cross-reference to documents which may be stored elsewhere in Notebooks. When a task reaches its due date, Notebooks' badge on the home screen reminds you of pending business, and an optional acoustic alert tries to draw your attention.
- Notebooks provides tools to further process your documents; you can convert them to PDF or turn them into eBooks, but you can also merge multiple documents into one, or split meeting minutes into separate tasks and route them directly into your inbox.
Whether you want to draft a business presentation, type a chapter of your short-story, save web pages to read later, write an entry in your diary or journal, tick off your tasks, or just capture notes and ideas on the go, you need to have Notebooks today.
This update addresses a glitch when automatically renumbering lists.
Ratings and Reviews
Easy, so it gets used
I’ve been using this for about two years now—my original review still holds. This is one of the few apps that I use daily. Original review: I was looking for something that I could use to simply record highlights of each day, and after searching, I purchased this and Day One. After using both for a couple of days, I quit using Day One. Notebooks lets me do everything I wanted, and more that I wasn't intending. A new entry can be quickly timestamped in your choice of formats, and just as easily marked with a georeference (i'm a biologist and this will be handy in the field) if you want to. Having a task list integrated is fantastic, and I've set up a keystroke that, when used, puts what follows automatically into my task list even when I'm writing a note. There is a lot more power than I'm currently using, and I'm looking forward to learning all the bells and whistles over time; importantly, though, the app is easy enough to use that I do use it. Its become one of the few apps I actually use every day, and multiple times at that. Its replaced a few other apps I tried to use for this or that, but never kept with them because they were all separate from each other. The integration of notes with tasks, multiple levels of organization, and the ease of time and geostamping is what makes this five stars for me.
Perfect Notebook App
One of those apps that gives you an uncluttered, distraction free place to just bust out on a writing jag. It is also a powerful tool for formatting if and when you need it, which makes this app the best of both worlds. I use it on my iPhone 8, iPad Pro and on a MacBook Pro and it syncs perfectly without any hassle. The developer is also not raping you with pricing or subscriptions although for further development I wouldn’t mind some IAPs or tip jar to show some gratitude for all of the dev’s hard work. There are also great tutorials if you want to take your writing to another level or format in a slew of different ways. It holds every kind of file you can imagine such as folders, PDFs, Word, Power Point, obviously text, RTF and a powerful markdown tool. Generally I want just about everything in PDF format, and this app will duplicate anything to just about any format that matters, plus you can also annotate with loads of full featured tools, usually only included in separate apps that do that solely. Awesome price for a universal app that does it all! PS, I don't own an iPhone X but somehow this developer has created a true black in this app where everyone else seems to fail, unless you have the X. That is what makes this app superior because it has an abundance of features with all of those little extras that everyone says isn’t possible.
Nothing compares for typed writing
I love how I can sync this and have this “noteboooks” folder on the app and on my computer at the same time. I love to journal, study, write and all of it is in one place. The app has so much to offer. My favorite features aside from the perfect sync on my cloud are:
-the ability to swipe through files (PDFs and more normal notes)
-the pdf editor is worth the extra, great addition even though I don’t use it as my main - it’s super useful that I can still work on PDFs on my iPad or phone
-the navigation between books (ie folders) all you have to do is tap to see everywhere that you can jump to from whatever note you’re on
-one little extra thing that I love is the timestamps, at any point within a note you can add a time stamp and there are many options for how you’d like it, it doesn’t seem like much but it’s a ton of these little things that take this app above and beyond for me
I keep this app next to Notability for handwriting, and ithoughts for mind mapping.
The only flaw is that the desktop app is kind of mediocre. But that doesn’t matter at all because you can just sync this to your cloud and use way better apps to view and edit your files anyway. GET THIS APP.
- Alfons Schmid
- 87.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2008-2018 Alfons Schmid
- In-App Purchases
- PDF Reader $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.