By Learn Brigade
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
• Study smarter whenever you have a few minutes with 5 powerful study algorithms as we track your progress automatically
• Study faster in our distraction free app designed to get you directly to the task at hand
• Study easier using our simple but powerful functionality with the ability to carry around thousands of cards in your pocket
One of the most powerful and popular tools for studying has always been 2-sided index cards otherwise known as flash cards or note cards. Notecards is an application to help you study through the use of virtual flash cards. We let you study your way, while enhancing your experience with the power of the digital world.
While you are studying, Notecards tracks how well you do so you can easily find what cards you are worst and best at. We use those statistics to create 4 powerful and configurable study algorithms:
1. Review: Study all the cards at once
2. Divide and Conquer: Cards are divided into smaller groups. Once you have mastered a group, move on to the next group.
3. Start Small: Start out with a small number of cards. Once that group has been mastered, more cards are added to the group until you are studying all the cards.
4. Practice Worst: Practice all your worst cards until you master them.
You can also customize your study sessions with the following options:
• Study in a fixed or shuffled order
• Study front-to-back or back-to-front
• Have the cards spoken out to you
• Use timers to study without looking or force you to remember things more quickly
Notecards also contains the following features to make creating and organizing your content easier:
• Organize your content into as many folders and subfolders as you like. You can even choose to study all of the content in a parent folder at one time.
• Search across all of your content at once
• An interface optimized to create many cards at once
• Send your cards to another user
• Quickly resume studying content you recently studied, right from the apps home screen
What's New in Version 3.3.0
In this release we focused on adding more flexibility in the way you can study your cards. In particular, we enhanced studying with the following features:
• Spoken cards - Have the cards read to you
• Sequential in all study methods - Sequential v.s. shuffled is now a global option applied to any of the study methods
• Study timers - You can set timers for each side that will automatically either flip the card, mark it correct, or mark it wrong after the specified time.
• Improved international keyboard support - The keyboard you used to create a side is remembered for that side. So for example, if you are creating cards with one language on the front and a different one on the back, the appropriate keyboards will be remembered and automatically changed back and forth for you while editing. This also helps us read out your cards in the correct language when it comes time to study. As a bonus, you can set the language for a certain side of many cards at once from the Actions menu in browse mode.
We also made a few bug fixes/improvements:
• Fixed multistage text input support for keyboards like Japanese Romaji (a shout-out to our user Cesar for bringing this to our attention)
• Added a quicker way to share your cards directly from the folder header
• Other behind the scenes improvements