Notefile lets you make quick notes and sync them easily with all your devices. It's available as a Mac app and a universal iOS app for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Your notes sync automatically with iCloud, or our own Junecloud Sync. If you use Junecloud sync, you can also view and edit your notes on our web site at junecloud.com/sync
• Shows in the Dock or your menu bar
• Compact window stays out of the way
• Set a keyboard shortcut to get to your notes quickly
• Navigate quickly with your keyboard
• Calculate math right in your notes
• Easily share notes via email, iMessage, and more
• Open plain text files from other apps, and export them too
• Available in English, Japanese (by Nobtaka Nukui and Justin McPeak), French (Thierry Di Lenarda), and German (Jennifer Brehm)
• Improved iCloud compatibility with future versions of the app.
• Some other minor adjustments.
Ratings and Reviews
Still my favorite and most useful app
Apple notes is great, but it’s now overly complicated with too many bells and whistles and takes 2-3 seconds to load. I’ve always loved notefile because it’s fast and simple. I mean FAST!! Notes immediately show up on my phone, easy to take down anything.
Glad the app is still being updated!
I have lost track of how many years I have used notefile for — but it has had a prominent spot on the home screen of my iPhone and the Dashboard of my Mac for as long as those things were possible. I love Juneclouds simple handy apps! Pony up the few bucks and be rewarded with a simple, stable, useful app.
I’ve been using this app for several years; although it hasn’t been updated in a while, this is still works great. I use it in the menubar, to jot down quick notes/thoughts related to things I’m working on — quick and easy (and much faster than dealing with Notes or similar note-taking apps with a larger footprint. I also have the iOS apps, and sync works great. If there’s something I’d like to see in an update: the ability to pin notes to the top of the list, as well as a dark mode. Otherwise, this is one of my most-used apps: for work and personal use. Here’s hoping the developer will continue to support this app! There is no replacement for this one in terms of simplicity and aesthetics (and I’ve tried almost all the usual suspects in MAS and outside of MAS).
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.