Notepad: Organized Notes & Simple Markdown Editor
By React Apps Pty Ltd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Notepad: Organized Notes is very flexible way to organize notes, thoughts ideas, tasks, errands or anything you want to capture using tags
We specialize in providing you with the most intuitive and easiest way to access your notes when you need it
- Easy to read big fonts with simple and clean interface
- Group notes into notebooks using tags
- Sync notes across devices
- Organize important notes and notebooks by reordering
- Full text search across all notes or within a notebook
- Convert any note to a todo task
- Copy or Share notes with ease
- Use Markdown including images, links and code with syntax highlighting
- Add reminders to any note or todo task
- As not all notes or thoughts are hierarchical in nature, we allow you to put same note into multiple notebooks
Examples of how you can use this app
1. List of tasks, errands (plan a trip, prepare for conference talk or create a groceries list)
2. Daily journal, your next book
3. Build an organized knowledge base of all your ideas
4. Plan your next big renovation
5 Bookmark or add a link to webpage within notes
What's New in Version 1.0.1
Fix data sync bug
I was looking forward to trying out what appeared to be an alternate to Apple Notes for several reasons including it had the plain white background I sought, claimed ease of accessing notes (“copying” & “sharing” to me infers the individual notes are accessible within the Finder), and not having to deal with additional security breaches by being able to store my note files locally.
Unfortunately, aside from the nice white background, it lacked any of the features the description suggests may otherwise distinguish it from Apple’s Notes. There are zero menu options for preferences or settings, and the Support site is even more plain than the app itself. Basic features like spell-check aren’t built in, and from what little information the ‘Support’ site does have, there is no way to save or access your note files locally - only offering the same inaccessible (outside of the App) and therefore inefficient local organization method Note’s does. As for any option to “copy or share notes with ease”, these options were barely visible from within the Mac App along the faded icons near the bottom of the App, and it is only there in the ‘Help’ section that the Settings gear becomes available at the top right where you discover are no exporting options for the notes or alternate regular file sharing format options - Syncing via iCloud only - exactly why I dislike Notes file accessibility options (which I can at least export as PDF but cannot otherwise view locally within the App’s Support folder in the Finder like other note taking apps offer.
Finally, if you manage to find anything on the Support site you should make note of their Privacy (lack thereof) Policy which like everything within the App and Support site, is misleading. A few points you may want to make note of if you value your privacy state:
"When you create an account, we may collect your personal information such as your username, first and last name and email address."
"We may send important or pormotional information about our products."
"We collect your location through GPS, WiFi, or phone network in order to provide our Service.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 14, 2017
- Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 44.6 MB
- Languages: English, Amharic, Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: React Apps Pty Ltd
- © 2017 React Apps Pty Ltd
Compatibility: OS X 10.9.0 or later, 64-bit processor