"It's ideal for planning out your day, Bullet Journal style. [...] the combination of scheduling, tagging, and (plain text, portable) notes in one place makes it a true productivity tool." - Brett Terpstra, MacStories
"If you love plain text notes, but hate that they have no way to integrate with your calendars and reminders, then you might just find this to be the perfect app." - Charlie Sorrel, Cult of Mac
Buy now or get the Mac trial from the website to make your day productive!
Also, check out the videos on our website for more details.
Daily planning can be a mess when you have giant todo-lists or a dozen scribbled notes in notebooks. NotePlan helps you fix this pain with a mix of a markdown calendar, journal, notes, and todo-list. Use it to build your productivity machine!
NotePlan is for busy professionals. Like developers and designers with too many side-projects and a job to handle. It's for people who love writing and plan by writing everything down. If you love using Moleskin Diaries or Journals, NotePlan is perfect for you.
All your notes are safely stored and backed up as lightweight text files in your iCloud Drive. Nothing from NotePlan is sent or stored on our servers.
• Shows your tasks and events in a bird’s-eye.
• Syncs seamlessly with iCal, Google Calendar and anything supported in your iCloud calendars.
• If you missed a task in a previous day, it will be marked for you.
• Every day in your calendar has a dedicated note for planning
• Manage tasks by checking them off as 'done', 'scheduled' and 'canceled'.
• Schedule a task (or multiple at once), if you couldn't finish it today. Push it quickly to tomorrow or any other day.
• Simple text formatting with markdown, such as bold, italic, lists, titles, etc. Organize your day in different projects using titles ('# title') for example.
• Besides the calendar, store general notes, checklists, todos, etc. without a specific date.
• Filter general notes by tagging them to keep track of your different projects.
• Schedule individual todos from a general note directly into the calendar.
If you have any issues, ideas or questions send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org! We would love to hear your feedback and give quick support :)
- Japanese text is more readable now.
- Chinese translation fixed.
Ratings and Reviews
This is a fantastically useful tool! Eduard has built a really well-thought-out tool, which I use every day. I’ve tried other tools which combine todo and calendar, but hit is the first one I’ve kept adna used. Noteplan offers a powerful combination of the simplcity & functionaity. I can see & edit both calendar appointments and todos on a single screen. Super simple & efficient markdown let’s me make edits really quickly. And best of all, the todo items sync seamlessly with my IOS devices. When some work item occurs to you while you’re out & about - just enter it on the iPhone app and it’ll be there on the Mac when you start working again. I highly, highly recommend this app.
Great App and Great Service when you need it!!!
This app reminds me of the Bullet Journal that has been rather popular. There was a bug in the previous versions that Eduard of customer service traced down after an exchange of several emails. I really appreciate his efforts in working with me to debug this MacOS version. I did use the IOS version and was very pleased with the IOS version, but I rather use the Mac. The application is a good planner for your tasks. You can date each task if you want to. I’m thrilled that I can finally use the app on my Mac. I am using MacOS 10.9.5. A little behind in upgrading my OS.
The Missing Link
Had no idea what markdown was but it is simple to learn. Once you play with it a bit you start to realize what an amazingly useful tool it is. It fits in your workflow where other to do apps don't. It works the way you want it to. There are plenty of things the developer is addiing to make it even more useful. I use it all the time as a place to put daily notes and tasks, prepare for the day, keep a log of what I did and what to do, etc. The other notes are useful too. A
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.