Notes! - Learn To Read Music
By Visions Encoded Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
I created this basic flashcard app for my daughter. This app will help beginners learn the letter names for notes on the bass and treble clef ("F" on bass through to "G" on treble).
• Displays a random note on the musical staff and you tap the correct letter/key.
• For MIDI savvy folk - this app is now MIDI enabled! Use Apple Core MIDI compliant devices with the app.
• Change to either treble or bass clef by tapping the clef.
• Toggle the visual effects on/off by tapping the trophy icon.
• Practice only specific notes (tap the gears icon to enter the Settings screen where you can disable all but the specific notes you want to practice).
This app has slightly different functionality for portrait orientation vs. landscape orientation. To switch orientations: 1) make sure you have orientation lock off, then 2) launch the app in portrait mode, then rotate your device to landscape mode. If it's not rotating for you, try toggling your lock orientation setting and try again. If you need help, contact us.
For feedback or suggestions please contact us at http://visionsencoded.com/contact/.
For intermediate learners, also try "Piano Notes! - Learn To Read Music."
What's New in Version 3.0
New in v3.0:
• For teachers or MIDI savvy folk - this app is now MIDI enabled! Use Apple Core MIDI compliant devices with the app.
• Practice only specific notes! Tap the gears icon to enter the settings screen - here you can disable all but the specific notes you want to practice.
Love the app. Wish only two things were different.
1. You can only do notes in treble OR bass clef, not randomly switching between both. Sometimes I want to do just a few notes in each with my daughter, but I can't switch between clefts in this app.
2. Wish there was also a flash card option, where a note appears on a card and they can choose it that way as well.
This is my 3rd note app and for what I have been looking for, it's the best one. Just wish a few things could be added.
My Students Love It!
Having taught piano for more than 35 years I have to say that 5 minutes out of each lesson with this game has brought more improvement with note reading than those tired old cardboard flash cards! The sound of each note has improved their ear training and having it right on my phone couldn't be more convenient. What a wonderful tool for a small price! I have both beg. & int. versions. Thank you!!
Great Beginner App - Needs Small Enhancements
1st: Well worth the $. It's teaching me to know & relate note-names, staff positions, & keyboard keys; that's what I bought it for. Needs timer & hit/miss counter, to compute a score based on speed & accuracy, so I have a way to track progress, and a target for improvement. Would be cool if it had a way to work the whole Grand Staff (bass & treble) at once. Also, small bug in switching from portrait to landscape - I have to rotate it twice before the app catches on. Despite these quibbles, Highly Recommended.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Nov 06, 2013
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 4.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Visions Encoded Inc.
- © 2011 Visions Encoded Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.