Over 99000 purchased!
People love Notes because it's easy and it works.
This basic flashcard app helps beginners learn the letter names for notes on the bass and treble clef ("F" on bass through to "G" on treble).
Easily toggle between treble and bass clef by tapping the clef symbol.
Letter notation can be set to any of these options:
1) C D E F G A B
2) C D E F G A H (used in Germany)
3) Do Re Mi Fa Sol La Si (Solfège)
• Displays a random note on the musical staff and you tap the correct letter/key.
• For MIDI savvy folk - this app is MIDI enabled! Use Apple Core MIDI compliant devices with the app.
• Toggle the visual effects on/off by tapping the trophy icon.
• Practice only specific notes (tap the gears icon to enter the Settings screen where you can disable all but the specific notes you want to practice).
This app has slightly different functionality for portrait orientation vs. landscape orientation. To switch orientations: 1) make sure you have orientation lock off on your device, then 2) launch the app in portrait mode, then rotate your device to landscape mode. If it's not rotating for you, try toggling your lock orientation setting and try again. If you need help, contact us.
For feedback or suggestions please contact us at http://visionsencoded.com.
For intermediate learners, also try "Piano Notes! - Learn To Read Music."
• Tweaks for latest iOS (10.3, 11) and devices (iPhone X)
Ratings and Reviews
As an adult learning to play piano, I find this app useful during idle moments, such as while waiting. Its clear visuals make understanding and using the app simple. The fact that it functions in landscape as well as portrait mode is particularly gratifying; that allows me to hear each note as it would actually sound on a piano (e.g., striking the middle C produces a lower sound than striking the C an octave above), so there's valuable ear training going on at the same time. Learning from this app to recognize the individual notes on the treble and bass clefs is a huge aid for when I sit down at the piano to learn a new piece of music.
My kids are both learning instruments so I purchased this app to help them memorize the notes. They are 11 and 9. The app works great in theory, but if they guess a wrong note it doesn't make a noise to alert the user it is wrong. So what I am finding is my kids will just push all the notes as fast as they can until they hit the right one. I fell for this for a while, but now realize they weren't learning anything because they knew that it didn't matter if they missed the note. I would love an update that would allow this because I have had to purchase other apps in its place so I can just listen as my kids practice.
This is excellent learning tool
This app is worth buying it is definitely an excellent learning tool for the up and coming musician who wants to know music theory.
- Visions Encoded Inc.
- 5.4 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 VisionsEncoded.com, All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.