By Viet Tran
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** 30% off for a limited time - now with Handwriting Recognition included ***
- Selected as Top 100 World's Greatest Apps 2014 - Business Insider's App 100 (http://bit.ly/np1001)
- Notes Plus is a terrific note taker for iPad - TUAW, 10/2014 (http://bit.ly/np1000)
Notes Plus is a powerful note-taking tool that has enabled many people to go completely paperless. Be one of them!
Notes Plus stands apart from other apps in this crowded note-taking space because:
- It was one of the few feature-rich iPad apps released right after the first iPad’s debut.
- Since 2010, it has gone through 30 version upgrades and 3 complete overhauls, resulting in 8 million update downloads by almost one million users.
Get Notes Plus to benefit from:
• Outstanding handwriting experience with razor-sharp ink effects, palm rejection, and close-up writing mode for fine writing. Experience all this for yourself: get our other app for FREE at http://INKredibleApp.com.
• Converting handwriting to text. 52 languages are supported.
• Typed text.
• Background audio recording.
• Automatic shape detection.
• Inserting images from Photos or directly from the camera.
• Importing PDF and DOC files to annotate.
• Exporting notes as PDF or images to Dropbox, Google Drive, Evernote, email, and other apps.
• A built-in browser for quick reference.
• Automatic backup to Dropbox.
• Multi-level folder management.
• Support for left-handed users.
• Support for Wacom, Adonit, and Pencil styli.
• Support for VGA-out presentation.
And above all, you'll get personal replies from our responsive support team within 24 hours (usually within 4 hours). Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our support site: http://notesplusapp.com.
What's New in Version 4.9
- iOS 9 compatibility
- Improved PDF import process; an import destination folder can be specified.
I recently got a pencil 53 which works wonderfully in the app. That being said, the app can be a little glitchy when connecting and sometimes I'd have to restart it all together. I've heard the stories of people's data being deleted but I synced mine to Dropbox and haven't experienced that issue yet. One feature that would really improve this app for me and would probably result in me giving it 5/5 would be a designated cut out feature. I know that you can circle what you want to select but sometimes the object I want to circle isn't big enough and the app thinks I just want to draw a shape.
Update: I found the cut out feature but considering it needs to be a box it can be a bit limited. I do notice though that on the new iPad Pro it is actually better to not sync your stylus. Reason being that the lack of palm rejection when a stylus is paired makes it very difficult to use without the screen jumping around. The shape detection is great but it does not notice when I draw small shapes. The last thing I would suggest would make it so the app can be used to type up lab reports, there is a lack of basic formatting options such as a center and justify. Lastly, it should work with the new multitasking so iBooks or Safari can be used in conjunction with the app.
Notes Plus has allowed me to create...
Notes Plus has allowed me to create documents that would otherwise have been impossible. One of my notebook folders has over 800 pages. I use Notes Plus every day because handwriting is essential to my work. I use the close-in writing mode, and it makes everything look good. In addition to handwriting, I need text conversion, text boxes and standard text. Also, I incorporate numerous pdf captures, clipboard images, graphs, and photos. No other iPad app--not Word, not Pages, not OneNote, not Evernote with Penultimate--can do all of this as well as Notes Plus. If handwriting is indispensable, and you also need a full complement of powerful creation tools, including script to text, then you should start with Notes Plus.
By far the best...
...note taking app. I've tried virtually all the rest including penultimate and each has come up short. My primary use is being able to sit in a meeting and take notes without obnoxiously typing - and handwriting is the most unobtrusive. Yet my handwriting is horrid - however, with the most recent v3 update, this app translates almost flawlessly. The only missing piece, for me, is integrating with OneNote and Evernote as I use both for organizing and not Notes Plus (given all the additional archiving I require). Yes, you can export to Evernote and yes, you can copy/paste to either. But both methods are additional steps getting in the way of creating. My ideal: Notes Plus handwriting tech directly integrated into one or both of these platforms.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 15, 2015
- Version: 4.9
- Size: 74.7 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Viet Tran
- © Viet Tran
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.