By Viet Tran
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
- Convert handwriting to text
- Support Apple Pencil and iPad Pro
- Best handwriting experience
Notes Plus is a powerful note-taking tool that has enabled many people to go completely paperless. Be one of them!
Notes Plus stands apart from other apps in this crowded note-taking space because:
- It was one of the few feature-rich iPad apps released right after the first iPad’s debut.
- Since 2010, it has gone through 30 version upgrades and 3 complete overhauls, resulting in 8 million update downloads by almost one million users.
Get Notes Plus to benefit from:
• Outstanding handwriting experience with razor-sharp ink effects, palm rejection, and close-up writing mode for fine writing. Experience all this for yourself: get our other app for FREE at http://INKredibleApp.com.
• Converting handwriting to text. 52 languages are supported.
• Typed text.
• Background audio recording.
• Automatic shape detection.
• Inserting images from Photos or directly from the camera.
• Importing PDF and DOC files to annotate.
• Exporting notes as PDF or images to Dropbox, Google Drive, Evernote, email, and other apps.
• A built-in browser for quick reference.
• Automatic backup to Dropbox.
• Multi-level folder management.
• Support for left-handed users.
• Support for Wacom, Adonit, and Pencil styli.
• Support for VGA-out presentation.
And above all, you'll get personal replies from our responsive support team within 24 hours (usually within 4 hours). Please email us at email@example.com or visit our support site: http://notesplusapp.com.
What's New in Version 4.12.4
- Improve Apple Pencil writing experience (allow stylus-only mode).
- Fix bugs.
Still a few bits left to work out
I just bought NotesPlus and really love it after only ~ 4 hrs use. Lots of confusion was cleared up by just diving into the program with a project already past due. You might have foreseen the tack I'll use here, but you'd be wrong. NotesPlus is a really beautiful program for both penmanship and quick note taking. I'm very impressed with the apparent clairvoyance of the programmers and the fluidity of use. But (always a but), the text recognition could do with a few tweaks.
First, I'd have the edited version of text recognition output saved with the notebook. It seems irrational to need to re-edit the ASCII-corrected version each time you reopen a notebook. Moreover, the OCR product of each paragraph should be accessible/editable from the original paragraph.
Secondly, though this should be resolved by the "saving-to-connected-paragraphs" suggestion, it should be possible to save the corrected OCR at any position in the page/notebook. The current version seems to prefer saving OCR output at the top of the notebook; regardless of the number of other "saves" already there. The only way I've found to avoid this collision is to save the clipboard into another program. (Oddly enough, Word does not seem to recognize the content of a clipboard "impregnated" by NotesPlus.) Many other programs are more reasonable.
Wonderful handwriting app!!!
I appreciate this app so much! A tad pricey but worth it. I can write with my palm on the iPad surface with almost no unwanted palm marks. The palm rejection feature works almost like Apple Pencil, but the incredible factor is this is a simple stylus on a "regular" iPad. I'm a Vietnamese descendant. We, Vietnamese practice penmanship since early childhood, and we place a high cultural value for beautiful cursive handwriting! May I say perhaps no one appreciates a good handwriting app more than we, Vietnamese, would do! This app is the closest thing to writing cursive fonts on paper! Maybe better than paper because you can insert pictures and sounds to your notes here!
A few suggestions: 1) Have more paper options, and if possible, incorporate also the 4-line Vietnamese school paper type as a new option. 2) Improve handwriting-to-text, especially for non-English languages that use cursive handwriting fonts. 3) Sync notes and sounds. This will expand the app market to college students and professionals of all trades! And lastly, 4) perfect the palm rejection feature more and more!
Feature Rich and Always Up to Date
This app is constantly being upgraded and new features added. It now translates handwriting into printed text which works great at least with my handwriting. Hardly anyone else is doing that yet.
It's very intuitive and there are many options on set up of the note taking. A few times I wanted to make changes to how the app works and when I have gone through settings, I have found them. For example, I wanted to change behavior of how it copied translated text so that it wouldn't put in the line breaks and stay in paragraph form. Most other apps would make the decision for you and not give an option to change it because it's a seemingly minor issue. This app gives the choice because he understands there is no right way to do it and different people and different needs require choices. I love it.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 30, 2016
- Version: 4.12.4
- Size: 114 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Viet Tran
- © Viet Tran
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.