By Viet Tran
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
- Convert handwriting to text
- Support Apple Pencil and iPad Pro
- Best handwriting experience
Notes Plus is a powerful note-taking tool that has enabled many people to go completely paperless. Be one of them!
Notes Plus stands apart from other apps in this crowded note-taking space because:
- It was one of the few feature-rich iPad apps released right after the first iPad’s debut.
- Since 2010, it has gone through 30 version upgrades and 3 complete overhauls, resulting in 8 million update downloads by almost one million users.
Get Notes Plus to benefit from:
• Outstanding handwriting experience with razor-sharp ink effects, palm rejection, and close-up writing mode for fine writing. Experience all this for yourself: get our other app for FREE at http://INKredibleApp.com.
• Converting handwriting to text. 52 languages are supported.
• Typed text.
• Background audio recording.
• Automatic shape detection.
• Inserting images from Photos or directly from the camera.
• Importing PDF and DOC files to annotate.
• Exporting notes as PDF or images to Dropbox, Google Drive, Evernote, email, and other apps.
• A built-in browser for quick reference.
• Automatic backup to Dropbox.
• Multi-level folder management.
• Support for left-handed users.
• Support for Wacom, Adonit, and Pencil styli.
• Support for VGA-out presentation.
And above all, you'll get personal replies from our responsive support team within 24 hours (usually within 4 hours). Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our support site: http://notesplusapp.com.
What's New in Version 5.0.1
Fix image bug to support iPad Pro 10.5.
Best App for Writing, Bad for File Sizes
First and foremost, this is by far the best app for writing. I prefer pen and paper over typing, and I use a Lamy Safari fountain pen. This app is the closest to my penmanship on pen and paper, and so I love this app for that reason. I also like the functionality of working on PDFs from within the app and marking them up. The zoom feature is fantastic and is another important reason one should use this app.
However, my main issue is the file sizes when exporting. I had the same problem with an app on my old Samsung device when I wrote notes on top of a PDF. The file sizes when exporting to a PDF are tremendously large. If exporting three (3) hand-written pages, expect the file to be about 3MB. Compare this to a 6 page typed document that was converted to PDF and it is 56KB. Those three pages compose a 54x bigger file. This means that my notes from class, which can be over 50 pages (~1MB/page), would not even be able to be emailed as most emails only allow <25MB files. I know the reasons is because of the handwriting which seems to be vectors, but something needs to be done to make this more reasonable.
Fast and beautiful
I use this app as my electronic Engineering Notebook. I especially like the natural appearance of the inking engine. The pens can be tailored to mimic my pen on paper appearance almost to a tee! The conversion of written notes to text to make searchable notebooks is particularly handy, specially when searching for old data.
Notes Plus has relegated my other note apps to the archives. This app has won a coveted page 1 icon location! What also seems to set Notes Plus apart is the developers commitment to constantly improving the app. They gladly accept ideas and criticisms and will establish open dialog with their users to reach resolution.
Sure Notes Plus is not perfect ( yet ) but it has become my go to notebook app. There are some things I wish it did better but those issues are mainly one of personal preference. I do wish that the search function highlighted the found words on the page - I am told this is coming!
This app is stupendous on the new iPad 10.5! I was considering getting the Pencil but the Adonit Pixel works so well with this app, and the new glass feels so smooth, it actually improved my handwriting. I did cooberate the graphics placement issue, but this was addressed nearly immediately.
I've worked with the team at Notes Plus and they are responsive and interested in me as a customer. I cannot recommend this app enough.
Good but needs improvement
The app works very well, but I think a better palm rejection (much better) and I would really like to have ruler tool available like in apple notes. I'm an architect and often draw sketches right on the job sites, iPad if often just rested on my arm as I move through premises and take notes, draw sketches. I know there's an area that I can pull up for palm rejection but then it interferes with my sketches. Also some bugs need fixing, sometimes area where I write won't accept my Apple Pencil (not on the sides of the notes, but literally in the middle of the page), sometimes PDFs won't import into a folder that I have open but will save themselves after an import randomly in my files and sometimes when I use the magnified handwriting window it would write somewhere completely in a different area on the page. Also I would love to see a pencil tool added. Other then that it is awesome and when all works correctly it is super responsive and easy to use.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jun 19, 2017
- Version: 5.0.1
- Size: 110 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Viet Tran
- © Viet Tran
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.