By Viet Tran
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
- Support Apple Pencil and iPad Pro
- Convert handwriting to text
- Best handwriting experience
Notes Plus is a powerful note-taking tool that has enabled many people to go completely paperless. Be one of them!
Notes Plus stands apart from other apps in this crowded note-taking space because:
- It was one of the few feature-rich iPad apps released right after the first iPad’s debut.
- Since 2010, it has gone through 30 version upgrades and 3 complete overhauls, resulting in 8 million update downloads by almost one million users.
Get Notes Plus to benefit from:
• Outstanding handwriting experience with razor-sharp ink effects, palm rejection, and close-up writing mode for fine writing. Experience all this for yourself: get our other app for FREE at http://INKredibleApp.com.
• Converting handwriting to text. 52 languages are supported.
• Typed text.
• Background audio recording.
• Automatic shape detection.
• Inserting images from Photos or directly from the camera.
• Importing PDF and DOC files to annotate.
• Exporting notes as PDF or images to Dropbox, Google Drive, Evernote, email, and other apps.
• A built-in browser for quick reference.
• Automatic backup to Dropbox.
• Multi-level folder management.
• Support for left-handed users.
• Support for Wacom, Adonit, and Pencil styli.
• Support for VGA-out presentation.
And above all, you'll get personal replies from our responsive support team within 24 hours (usually within 4 hours). Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our support site: http://notesplusapp.com.
What's New in Version 5.1
Optimize for iOS 11.
My Perfect Word Processor! Heavenly!
I have been so disappointed with the apps that support iPencil that I purposely put this app on the last page of my “to try or die”apps and games. Notes Plus sat there for a looong time. Don’t know how long but, out of boredom and lack of internet connection, I gave it a go.
I’m hooked. Addicted. This, for me, is the killer app for iPads. (Well, that and the fact that iOS 11 has FILES! Yayyyy!) Honestly, I’m not going back to Word any time soon.
I’m a writer. Also a note-taker, list-maker, and major doodler of interesting patterns, and a person who likes to write things longhand. I’ve always hated the part where I try to reconcile my digital vs analog versions and now I can do that easily. I can convert to text, select stuff, move it around, reorder pages, include my doodles ... EVERYTHING!
Thank you, Vietnam Tran!
And, yes, it’s pretty buggy. But, it has a boatload of features and customization options. And it’s free!
[I usually find that if I close the app and reload, all is good.]
(But, I still don’t understand why I have two erasers and no eyeglasses....?)
If you’re a scribbler, get this app!
Computer Security Handbook, 6th Ed
Thanks again, VT
Superlative brush engine
I don’t know what exactly the secret sauce is for making a brush that does smooth realistic looking (and feeling) lines. This app is the Big Mac of that category. When you draw lines with it, you don’t feel the glass screen, it just works beautifully and you get what you want once you get used to the app.
Why didn’t I give this 5-stars?
1. Needs at least 1 extra layer for hilighting/coloring so that you can edit and change your sketches without losing the line work.
2. There is a small bug where the hand/pencil icon changes to some kind of alternate set, and when those are in the menu at the top, I end up with lines all over the screen because it’s almost impossible to tell which icon locks the screen and which goes to drawing.
3. One more small bug, when you lock the screen at some given zoom level and exit the app, when you come back in it zooms all the way out and you have to maneuver it back where you left it. If you DON’T lock the screen, it keeps the zoom and position. I just keep forgetting to manually swap it back most of the time.
Other than that, 4 solid stars.
Still the Best in iOS 11
Thought I might be able to switch over to Apple’s native markup when I upgraded to iOS 11 but their handwriting/redlining capability kind of stinks — laggy, hit-or-miss.
Thankfully, Notes Plus still does a marvelous job, catching my scribbled handwriting with absolutely no change to my own way of writing and still more convenient, less step-heavy than Notability.
If you spend your life redlining PDFs for editing, this app is the best. It feels closest to using real ink. (I am not using an Apple Pencil — just an iPad Mini 4 and mesh-tip stylus and it does fine.)
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 21, 2017
- Version: 5.1
- Size: 118 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Viet Tran
- © Viet Tran
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.