This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Type, handwrite, annotate, draw, highlight, scan & record notes and documents. Annotate PDFs, fill forms and sign documents. Create your Notebooks (binders) & tree-like projects. The way you like and totally paperless.
Productivity & business professionals, students, teachers, writers, doctors, journalists, academics and more use Notes Writer Pro daily to store & create notes, annotations, memos, signed PDFs, papers, highlighted PDF text-books, recorded lectures and more.
With Notes Writer Pro you can:
+ ANNOTATE PDFs. FILL FORMS. SIGN DOCUMENTS.
· Take notes or annotate using Apple Pencil 1 or 2 (and other styluses, even your finger) or type with soft & wireless keyboards
· Insert web-clips, clipart, figures and math equations in your handwritten notes
· PDF Annotations: highlight, strikeout, underline, comments, voice notes, pencil, ball-pen, stamp, sign...
· Fill out forms. Supports PDF AcroForms standard
· Sign with your own signature documents, contracts, forms
· Digital Signature Validation
+ DOCUMENT & PDF PAGE EDITOR
· Add new pages, copy&paste from other documents, re-arrange, rotate or delete them easily
· Add new pages from 100s of pre-defined templates with different paper styles and sizes
· Drag and drop pages from other apps
+ WRITE. EDIT. FORMAT
· Write Everywhere: Use Notes Writer Pro as an stand-alone writing app even if you don’t have a computer or you are offline in the wilds
· Create rich text format (RTF), PDF, LaTeX and advanced Markdown (MD) documents
· Advanced word-processor formatting: Highlight, strikethrough, subscript/superscript, alignment, line spacing, first-line indent, page breaks, footnotes, comments, text & paper color
· Define margins, headers/footers, paper sizes, MLA and APA style format
· Markdown engine supports the standard syntax but it has been extended to include very useful extra markups: tables, footnotes, lists, images, links, highlight, strikethrough, superscript and MathML
· Live counters: characters, words, sentences, lines, Avg. Word length, Words per sentence & reading time
· Text to Speech for proofreading
· Dictation lets you speak text instead of typing
· Typewriter: Distraction-Free mode, letting you focus on what you’re writing
· Night mode to help you writing at night
· Find and replace
· Insert special symbols arrows, maths, bullets/stars, GPS location, etc.
· Over 30 languages typing support including Japanese, Chinese, Arabic & Hebrew
· Extra keys: tab, forward delete, cursor up/down/left/right, etc.
+ ORGANIZE. STRUCTURE. FIND.
· Organize your work in unlimited notebooks, folders and subfolders
· Create notebooks and projects in your own tree-like structure: Sections, Classes, Lectures, Grades, Drafts, Folders, Chapters, Research, etc.
· Sync your notebooks and projects with the popular Scrivener writing software for Mac and Windows
· Design the cover of your notebooks
+ SCAN DOCUMENTS. RESEARCH. PDF LIBRARY
· Full PDF reader and manager included for reference files, text books, ebooks, articles, resources, papers, etc.
· Use the camera of your iPad/iPhone to scan documents, notes, recipes, tickets, etc. as PDF
· Open PowerPoint, Word and Excel files
+ SHARE NOTES. EXPORT PDF, HTML…
· Open attachments directly from the Mail app
· Sync via iCloud, Dropbox, Box, WebDAV and Google Drive
· Convert to multiple formats RTF, Markdown, LaTeX,PDF, ePub, HTML, RTFD, TXT, etc.
· Wi-Fi File Transfer between iPad/iPhone and your computer
· Zip folders/notebooks and email them
+ USEFUL MINI-APPS
· Calendar: Full calendar with events and alerts for your writer appointments, reminders, deadlines, etc.
· Font Book: Preview all the fonts and install new ones (TrueType). Over 120 high quality fonts included!
· Sketcher: Hand draw and make simple graphic compositions
+ AUTOMATIC BACKUPS. BE SAFE. PROTECT YOUR WORK
· Protect your work with an app or folder security passcode/FaceID
· Automatic Backups of your documents
--- Thanks for all the helpful feedback! Let us know via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Twitter @noteswriter if you run into any problems or have feature suggestions --- If you like Notes Writer Pro, please take the time to give us a nice review: it really helps. NOTE: If you have any comments or issues, please contact us directly via email contact @studio5apps.com
10.9.4 - New setting: Open PDFs and Pencil notes directly in Reader Mode
- Fixed an issue with thickness values in ink tools (Pencil, Ball-pen, Highlighter) while multitasking
- Fixed an issue with the default user colors in ink tools
10.9.3 - New Feature: Use the Apple Pencil 2 panel in Settings app to set the double-tap action: Switch between current tool and eraser, switch between current tool and last used, show color palette or ignore the double-tap.
New feature: Now you can add with just one tap new pages to your notes. There is a new "Add new page" button on the Pencil notes and PDFs toolbar. Long press it to access other options.
- New feature: Import and insert Pencil Notes and PDFs in the Document Editor using the new option available in the "+" button. Drag&drop to rearrange those imported pages.
- New feature: Scan and insert pages using the Camera in the Document Editor using the new option available in the "+" button. Drag&drop to rearrange those scanned pages.
- Added a new font: Comic Sans Neue. More than 120 Truetype fonts available for your notes!
- Highlighter blend mode now preserves correctly the user setting value
10.9.2 - Improved image insert options in handwritten notes and PDF documents: Now you can select the source of the image, camera, gallery or file from Files app.
- Fixed a ton of minor and sneaky issues (Thanks for your cooperation! Your daily feedback is really helpful!)
10.9.1 - Fixed that lag issue in handwritten notes when using the eraser tool in some scenarios
- Improved the performance when editing really big PDF files with sizes of +350 MB and +4.000 pages (like the medicine bible "Harrison" used by students and doctors!)
- Fixed minor issues
10.9.0 - New Feature: 8 new user interface Themes (colours) added to the new Settings app option: Light, Dark, Sky, Grass, Pink, Olive, Cherry, Black
- New Feature: You can disable automatic-backups, auto-lock screen and Dropbox projects syncing in the new Settings panel
- New Feature: You can enable the Wi-Fi file transfer via the Settings panel
- Now you can modify the Text-to-Speech voice rate directly in the new Settings panel
10.8.8 - New feature: Change the user interface colors to Light or Dark modern themes. The default app theme is now "Light". More themes to come in next app updates.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements
10.8.7 - Fixed an issue with the Print and Share functions in handwritten notes
10.8.6 - Fixed an issue with the "Saved Annotations" menu
10.8.5 - New feature "Page Clip" : Edit, cut, rotate a PDF or Pencil page or area in the image editor and insert the result in the same PDF or Pencil note
- Improved support for very tall or wide PDF pages. Fixes an issue where drawings could be offset from the actual touch location on very tall or wide pages
10.8.2 - Improved performance on iCloud folders and documents
- New feature: Added "password" option in PDF and Pencil notes to lock and protect your notes
- New feature: Added insert "Current location" option in PDF and Pencil notes
- New feature: Added insert "Date & Time" in the page corner in PDF and Pencil notes
- New feature: Added draw and highlighter tools while in Reader Mode in PDF and Pencil notes
- New feature: Added text highlight, strikeout, squiggly tools while in Reader Mode in PDF and Pencil notes
- New feature: Added "insert drawing" option in text notes to draw and sketch then insert the drawing as image in the text document
- Fixed the image ratio after cropping an image inserted in the PDF or Pencil notes
Ratings and Reviews
I have been taking a training course that references PDF documents with 300 to 400 pages each. While the instructor makes a presentation, I need to quickly highlight text and images on the corresponding (password protected) document, and annotate it with commentaries and diagrams. At times I need to take a picture of a complex diagram that the instructor draws on the board and insert it into the PDF. Notes Writer allows me to do all that, and presents me with a multitude of editing options that I use to adjust and revise my notes after class.
I reported to the Studio 5 Team a couple of small usability issues and suggested some enhancements to the app. I was surprised by the immediate same-day courteous reply addressing my issues, but more so when two weeks later two of my suggested enhancements had been added!
When I initially searched (about two months ago) the internet looking for best-in-class apps of this type, Notes Writer did not come up on any of the lists. I find this very strange because the competing apps that are listed appear to be inferior. Go figure...
Developer Response ,
Thanks a lot for your feedback!
Notes Writer Team
It was good and i liked it a lot.
But now it gets slow when i opened or wrote something. The pen feature was been changed. After using easer, the pen has changed automatically the pinned color on the top which was i did not use at the time. And also i hope there are more option to change the pinned color that i made myself. I do not like some pinned color a lot but as I mentioned before it has changed automatically pinned color I did not use after easer. So I have to go back to the color i used at that moment. During the class it is very annoying me a lot. And the other one is please add note feature while i was taking note from downloaded document. When i need to add note, I have to edit and every time.
Issued what I had were fixed but still some stuff do not like....
Developer Response ,
Hello! Thanks for your feedback. These problems have been fixed in our latest app update. Please, install it!
Thanks very much,
Notes Writer Team
Best note taking app for the price!
I was struggling on deciding between Goodnotes and Notability. When I came across this app and its free version. I tried out the free version and was ready to give the pro app a try. For the price, this app can not be beat. It includes the best features you would find in either (goodnotes/notability) and then some. I highly recommend this app for note taking, making lists, etc.
A fraction of the cost, with all the features? The support for this app is also incredible. The team is constantly listening to its users and making adjustments.
Thank you Notes Writer Team!
Developer Response ,
Hello! We really appreciate your feedback.
Thanks very much,
Notes Write Team
- Kairoos Solutions S.L.
- 264.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Studio 5 Apps
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.