NOTE: This version of Notes Writer is for iOS 9 & iOS 10 users. If you are using iOS 11 or greater then please look for the free download of our new "Notes Writer" app instead of this one. Thanks!
Type, handwrite, annotate, draw, highlight, scan & record Notes. Annotate PDFs, fill forms and sign documents. Create your Notebooks (binders) & tree-like projects and sync across devices and computers. The way you like.
You have lecture notes to take, a story to tell, article to publish, whether it’s today’s journal entry, tomorrow’s thesis, highlight important things in books, fill out a PDF form or get the most from your business meetings. Notes Writer is an excellent assistant in study and business, also being effective for writing down your ideas and thoughts and sharing them!
Students, teachers, writers, doctors, journalists, scholars and business professionals use Notes Writer daily to store notes, annotations, memos, signed PDFs, papers, highlighted PDF text-books, lectures and more.
With Notes Writer you can:
+ WRITE. EDIT. FORMAT
· Write Everywhere: Use Notes Writer as an stand-alone writing app even if you don’t have a computer or you are offline in the wilds
· Create rich text format (RTF) and advanced Markdown (MD) documents
· Advanced RTF word-processor formatting: Highlight, strikethrough, subscript/superscript, alignment, line spacing, first-line indent, page breaks, footnotes, comments, text & paper color
· Define margins, headers/footers, paper sizes, MLA and APA style format
· Markdown engine supports the standard syntax but it has been extended to include very useful extra markups: tables, footnotes, lists, images, links, highlight, strikethrough, superscript and MathML
· Live counters: characters, words, sentences, lines, Avg. Word length, Words per sentence & reading time
· Text to Speech for proofreading
· Dictation lets you speak text instead of typing
· Typewriter: Distraction-Free mode, letting you focus on what you’re writing
· Night mode to help you writing at night
· Find and replace
· Pinch to zoom text
· Insert special symbols arrows, maths, bullets/stars, GPS location, etc.
· Over 30 languages typing support including Japanese, Chinese, Arabic & Hebrew
· Extra keys: tab, forward delete, cursor up/down/left/right, etc.
+ ANNOTATE PDFs. FILL FORMS. SIGN DOCUMENTS
· PDF Annotations: highlight, strikeout, underline, notes, voice notes, pencil, stamp, sign...
· Fill out forms. Supports PDF AcroForms standard
· Sign with your own signature documents, contracts, forms
· Digital Signature Validation
+ ORGANIZE. STRUCTURE. FIND.
· Organize your work in unlimited notebooks, folders and subfolders
· Create notebooks and projects in your own tree-like structure: Sections, Classes, Lectures, Grades, Drafts, Folders, Chapters, Research, etc.
· Design the cover of your notebooks
· Full-text search your library of documents and projects
+ SCAN NOTES. RESEARCH. PDF LIBRARY
· Full PDF reader and manager included for reference files, text books, ebooks, articles, resources, papers, etc.
· Use the camera of your iPad/iPhone to scan documents, notes, recipes, tickets, etc. as PDF
· In-app web browser to quickly access dictionaries, thesaurus, resources
· Open PowerPoint, Word and Excel files
+ SHARE NOTES. EXPORT PDF, HTML…
· Open attachments directly from the Mail app
· Sync via iCloud, Dropbox, Box, WebDAV and Google Drive
· Convert to multiple formats RTF, Markdown, PDF, ePub, HTML, RTFD, TXT, etc.
· Wi-Fi File Transfer between iPad/iPhone and your computer
· Zip folders/notebooks and email them
+ USEFUL MINI-APPS
· Calendar: Full calendar with events and alerts for your writer appointments, reminders, deadlines, etc
· Font Book: Preview all the fonts and install new ones (TrueType). Over 120 high quality fonts included!
· Sketcher: Hand draw, sign documents and make simple graphics
This legacy version of Notes Writer is only for iOS 9 and 10 users. Please, install the new and more powerful Notes Writer free app for iOS 11 and 12 instead of this one. IMPORTANT: This app may not work correctly in iOS 11 and 12. If you have any comments or issues, please contact us directly via email contact @studio5apps.com
9.4.1 - Fixed minor bugs and improved performance
Ratings and Reviews
If only it supported hyperlinks and search
This is a great app for handwriting. Writing with Apple Pencil is smooth and beautiful but without search or hyperlinks, it’s impractical. Writing anything more than a few pages it’s impossible to navigate or find anything. If you are a creative writer, plan to keep a journal, or even Writing personal letters, it’s pointless unless you only do one or two pages. Yes you have different notebooks but again, navigating through the Notebooks is fine if you only have a few pages.
There are many PDF editors but sadly only 2 that support both Apple Pencil handwriting and hyperlinks (a necessity for journaling and creative writing. Good notes, which has ugly, awful handwriting and Notability which is better. Neither is as good as Notes Writer for handwriting but without hyperlinks, it’s doesn’t make sense. The whole point is hand writing. We are bombarded with apps to edit PDF and organize typed documents. Hand writing search is not easy but to survive and move to the head of the pack and I need to search hand writing and support hyperlinks. Without them, organizing is a nightmare. If the Previously mentioned two apps have hyperlinks, it’s obviously possible. Maybe it’s too hard for most developers but that,s what kind of thing that made Evernote a standard.
Developer Response ,
Hello! Thanks for your comment. Could you please give us more details about your hyperlinks suggestion as new feature? Please, email to us: contact @feedback.com
Notes Writer Team
Easy to use and efficient.
I have been searching the appstore for a notes app that came free and would allow me to edit my pdf’s, export them, chance the fonts and insert pictures into my presentations and essays and this app works perfectly.
There are a few minor bugs, which thus far have been resolved within a few days of me noticing. The developers of the app are constantly interacting with customers and updating the app whenever possible with glitch fixes and new features.
This is definitely my recommended notes app for any fellow college students. While not completely user friendly, once you learn the interface it is not hard to use. It works efficiently now and as soon as the update to fix the document scanner comes out I am positive that I will enjoy it even more.
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much! Notes Writer Team
The best free app for editing PDF’s and note taking
I got a new ipad pro and was wondering if there is a free app that will help me do all the editing and note taking jobs. My roommate was over confident and insisted to buy Notability. I said no and found this app. I lived happily ever after. My roommate, like the dumb fool he is, still finding ways to prove me wrong. I will never forget the look on his face, the look you get when you defeat a "i know it all" arrogant attitude person. Thank you so much.
- 177.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Studio 5 Apps
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.