NoteWorks is a musical game, designed to teach note recognition and improve sight reading skills. Hungry Munchy is eager to swallow elusive blue notes. Your goal is to help Munchy catch each note as quickly as possible.
The game combines learning and fun into a single gratifying experience. The app is both educational and entertaining, with an intuitive and visually appealing interface.
NoteWorks was created for:
• iPhone, iPod touch and iPad users.
• Players of all ages.
• Families with multiple players.
• Music teachers with multiple students.
Game design features include:
• A funny animated character.
• User-friendly menus.
• Superb graphics.
• Engaging sound effects.
Note reading options:
• On-screen piano keyboard input.
• On-screen guitar fretboard input.
• MIDI keyboard input.
• "A, B, C" note naming.
. . . CDEFGAB
. . . CDEFGAH
. . . ABCDEFG
. . . AHCDEFG
• "Do, Re, Mi" (Fixed Do) note naming.
• Treble clef.
• Students learn by playing and having fun.
• Students can choose to play with hints.
• Students play without hints to earn points and stars.
• Players learn to recognize notes instantly, on sight.
• Game speed is controlled to increase or decrease difficulty, or students may choose to play without any time limit.
While music teachers persistently stress the importance of sight reading, most teachers prefer not to spend valuable lesson time on basic note recognition skills. Thus, NoteWorks helps music teachers concentrate on more interesting aspects of their art, such as technique and musicality.
NoteWorks was created for people who like to learn by playing and having fun. It was designed with the objective of neither being too easy nor too hard, and never boring. We hope you'll find NoteWorks both useful and entertaining, and we would greatly appreciate it if you could share your thoughts and opinions about the game by rating it.
MIDI device connection improvements
Performance improvements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Is MIDI required ?
I would pay for full version if keyboard worked on iTouch. Nice game, but clunky if you need to hook up to a keyboard ( which you don't in the free version). The problem in piano is much
more with learning the BASS clef, which is NOT available in the free version! So, developers, has this been fixed, or do I spend my money elsewhere ?
Very nice note reading app
This app is great for students of all ages. My students enjoyed little triangular character, and were eager to try all the options. I used it with my Yamaha Clavinova and it works great. Good job.
BEWARE can't use 1 purchase for all your idevices
This is a new trend, I used to be able to buy an app 1 time for all my idevices. This is one app which won't work like that anymore. You are forced to buy the full version again and again for each of your devices. Kind of lame.
- Azati Corporation
- 32.3 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Belarusian, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Azati Corporation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.