By NOTION Music, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
AS FEATURED IN APPLE ADS
Notion is a notation editor and playback tool for your iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch, (any iOS8 compatible device) giving you the convenience of an easy-to-use music creation tool right at your fingertips. An incredible composition app for any music lover, Notion gives you the ability to compose, edit, and playback scores using real audio samples performed by The London Symphony Orchestra recorded at Abbey Road Studios. You can capture your musical ideas anytime, and take this helpful application anywhere.
With a user-friendly interface and simple interactive piano keyboard, fretboard, and drum pad; Notion makes it easy to get started composing your music. And, with Notion's abundance of advanced functions you can take your most basic ideas to an entirely new level right on your iOS device.
In addition to the notation editor you can also hear your music performed with real audio samples, giving you the most realistic playback possible. Notion comes bundled with piano and orchestral samples recorded by The London Symphony Orchestra at Abbey Road Studios as well as popular instruments such as guitar, bass, and much more. The initial app download contains piano - you can then manage which of the bundled sounds to have on your device, or keep in the cloud, just tap on Sounds.
Begin your project by using the simple score setup tool or choose a template. You can also open MusicXML, Guitar Pro, and MIDI files. You can continue to alter your score and playback using a palette full of articulations, expressions, and dynamics. Or create the perfect balance using the full-featured multi-track mixer with effects.
Once you are happy with your creation you can share your work by emailing the Notion file. Or you can send MIDI or MusicXML files, or send an audio or PDF file. You can sync your scores across devices, and with Notion for Windows and Mac, by using iCloud and Dropbox.
- Handwriting in-app purchase for iPad now available
- Enter, edit, and playback notation, tab, or both
- Orchestral samples by The London Symphony Orchestra recorded at Abbey Road Studios.
- Piano, keyboards, electric guitar, acoustic guitar, electric bass
- MIDI step-time entry with your favorite MIDI device or MIDI Bluetooth device
- Record real-time MIDI input into your score.
- Audition Mode: Use the on-screen virtual instruments to hear sounds before entering them into your score.
- Clean and intuitive user interface
- Support for retina display
- Native 64-bit support
- Option to tap in notes with finger or stylus
- Interactive piano keyboard, 24-fret guitar fretboard and drumpad for step, and realtime, entry
- Quick and simple selection palette
- Distortion and reverb effects
- Full audio mixer
- Full range of orchestral functions and articulations including: Staccato, Flutter tongues, Trills, Vibrato, and much more…
- Full range of guitar functions and articulations including: bends, vibrato, slides, hammer on, pull off, mutes, whammy bar techniques, bass slap, harmonics, and more…
- Drag score items such as dynamics
- Switch Instruments
- Insert text
- Rehearsal Marks
- Chord Symbols and Diagrams
- Rhythm Slashes
- Cross staff beaming for grand staff instruments
- Continuous and Page View
- Quick “Undo” and “Redo” functions
- Chord and melody modes
- Easy delete and erase capabilities
- Enter and edit title and composer information
- Save as an audio file
- Import .notion, MIDI, MusicXML, GuitarPro 3-5 files
- Export/email .notion, PDF, MusicXML, .WAV, AAC or MIDI files
- Sync with iCloud, Dropbox or iTunes File Sharing
- Print to AirPrint enabled printers
- Expand your bundled sound library with in-app purchases
- Help Files
- And much more…
What's New in Version 2.0.143
- Handwriting in-app purchase for iPad now available
Notion can now turn your handwriting into notation! Write with your finger, stylus or Apple Pencil and Notion will convert it. Open Notion on iPad and open/create a score. Tap Settings cogwheel and select Handwriting> Purchase
- Handwriting recognizes the following notation elements:
All Notion clefs
Whole note to 64th note (and rests)
Dotted and double dotted notes (and rests)
Single, final, double, repeat measure lines
Accidentals including double sharps/flats
Triplets, custom tuplets and ratios
Time signatures including common and cut-time symbols
Ties and slurs
Articulations: accents, staccato, staccatissimo, tenuto, marcato
Stopped note +, Upbow, downbow
Powered by MyScript®
- Support for Apple Pencil with Handwriting
As you write your notation, you can press harder for a thicker line, which gives a much more natural feel. Apple Pencil also gives you greater accuracy not just in recognition but in selecting and adjusting other elements
- Other Fixes:
All chords now enter on iPhone
Score setup images now correct resolution on iPad Mini
If you are skeptical of paying for this latest handwriting feature, don't be. I am taking some time from arranging a choir piece right now to thank the good folks on the Notion team for this unbelievable upgrade to their product. They have shown themselves to be serious players with supporting and improving this app, and it is incredible what little money buys in software these days. This handwriting feature propels their app so far forward, it is truly a different product now. Yes, I am sure there are some bugs, and I will find them, just like I have found other bugs and annoyances with the previous releases, but this is some complex processing going on here, and the results are mostly just astonishingly good. This is a great time saver, and yields professional looking printed music.
This is by far the easiest notation app out there not only for the PC and Mac but also for the iPad and now iPhone. I love the interop between all of my devices and sharing files is seamless so I can work on an arrangement while I'm traveling then simply open it later on my Mac when I'm home! No other solution comes close to this functionality. Simply the best! This is a must have for any musician! The new iPhone version is full featured and is fun and easy to use.
The latest handwriting feature is truly mind-blowing way ahead of its time. Can't wait to finish my next masterpiece!
Sound issues on iPhone 6S?
It's obviously not the iPhone. Since this is the newest iPhone the processor is faster than my iPad, which the sound works fine on. The sound started fine, actually better than my iPad, and it ran much faster on my iPhone than my iPad since the processor is much better and faster. Then out of nowhere everything started crackling loudly, and it played at about half tempo. There was one piano playing. So I reset my phone. Still there. I erased the app, reset my phone, download it. Still there. What?
- Category: Music
- Updated: Nov 03, 2015
- Version: 2.0.143
- Size: 140 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Notion Music, Inc.
- © PreSonus Audio Electronics, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- All Bundle$29.99
- Classical guitar $0.99
- Alto Sax $0.99
- Tenor Sax $0.99
- Harp $0.99
- Jazz Alto Sax $0.99
- Jazz Tenor Sax $0.99
- Percussion Bundle $4.99
- Jazz Bass $0.99