By NOTION Music, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
AS FEATURED IN APPLE ADS
Notion, is a notation editor and playback tool for your iPad, giving you the convenience of an easy-to-use music creation tool right at your fingertips. An incredible composition app for any music lover, Notion gives you the ability to compose, edit, and playback scores using real audio samples performed by The London Symphony Orchestra recorded at Abbey Road Studios. You can capture your musical ideas anytime, and with the mobility of the iPad, you can take this helpful application anywhere.
With a user-friendly interface and simple interactive piano keyboard, fretboard, and drum pad; Notion makes it easy to get started composing your music. And, with Notion's abundance of advanced functions you can take your most basic ideas to an entirely new level right on your iPad.
In addition to the notation editor you can also hear your music performed with real audio samples, giving you the most realistic playback possible. Notion comes bundled with piano and orchestral samples recorded by The London Symphony Orchestra at Abbey Road Studios as well as popular instruments such as guitar, bass, and much more.
Begin your project by using the simple score setup tool or open your Notion and Progression iPad files as well as import MusicXML, Guitar Pro, and MIDI files. You can continue to alter your score and playback using a palette full of articulations, expressions, and dynamics. Or create the perfect balance using the full-featured multi-track mixer with effects.
Once you are happy with your creation you can share your work with anyone by simply sending a file that they can use Notion to view, hear, and edit your creation. Other options include sending MIDI or MusicXML files, or emailing a PDF file that can be viewed and printed anytime they want.
- Enter, edit, and playback notation, tab, or both
- Orchestral samples by The London Symphony Orchestra recorded at Abbey Road Studios.
- Piano, keyboards, electric guitar, acoustic guitar, electric bass
- MIDI step-time entry with your favorite MIDI device
- Record real-time MIDI input into your score.
- New Audition Mode: Use the on-screen virtual instruments to hear sounds before entering them into your score.
- Clean and intuitive user interface
- Support for retina display.
- Interactive piano keyboard for fast entry
- Interactive 24-fret guitar fretboard
- Interactive drum pad
- Quick and simple selection palette
- Distortion and reverb effects
- Full audio mixer
- Full range of orchestral functions and articulations including: Staccato, Flutter tongues, Trills, Vibrato, and much more…
- Full range of guitar functions and articulations including: bends, vibrato, slides, hammer on, pull off, mutes, whammy bar techniques, bass slap, harmonics, and more…
- Drag and drop cursor option
- Switch Instruments
- Insert text
- Rehearsal Marks
- Chord Symbols and Diagrams
- Rhythm Slashes
- Continuous and Page View
- Quick “Undo” and “Redo” functions
- Chord and melody modes
- Easy delete and erase capabilities
- Enter and edit title and composer information
- Convenient file sharing
- Save as an audio file
- Import .notion, MIDI, MusicXML, GuitarPro 3-5 files
- Email .notion, PDF, MusicXML, .WAV, AAC or MIDI files
- Search for tabs, MIDI, or MusicXML online from within the app
- Import from Dropbox
- In-Store app to add more instruments and gear
- Help Files
- And much more…
What's New in Version 1.3.107
- Hidden instruments can now be found when re-opening Notion
- Text style now changes when selecting Jazz
- Some text box sizes changed
- Mixer buttons widened for Japanese language
- Export as AAC now working on iPad Air
- Cabasa now sounding
- Enharmonic tool now affects a selected region
I use this app all the time to put together accompaniment recordings to use with my choir students so that I can direct instead of playing. I also use it to make practice recordings for my violin students and myself to have the other violin parts playing while I play, or just to have a slower version of whatever is being learned for intonation practice.
Initially, the program wasn't powerful enough to do everything that I wanted to do, but over the years the updates have taken care of those issues, and my own learning curve has helped. This is every bit as good as Print Music by Finale, for a faction of the cost!
Great for working away from Mac
For me this is been the best app to write notation and be able to transfer to my Mac. I utilize this app writing lead sheets as well as composing. However, be aware that you will need to purchase Notion for Mac along with the additional instruments for both Notion for iPad and Notion for Mac. While Notion for iPad is relatively inexpensive, with another $30 for additional instruments. Notion for Mac with additional instruments is rather expensive so be aware of this. This is a great app for working away from the office or studio while allowing you to bring your composed music you can print it out or included in your DAW.
I usually use Sibelius on my desktop but needed a portable solution on my iPad. I transcribe and arrange professionally and do 200+ lead sheets a year. This program had a STEEP learning curve and a cumbersome manual. Selecting and editing is a chore and although yes it does everything, I find it takes so long I grew frustrated and looked elsewhere. Symphony pro worked better for me in 5 minutes than wrestling notion for hours. Sorry I spent the money I am now deleting this app. Even more, symphony has WAY more PDFS export options and flexibility than notion which left me emailing myself PDF's in order to save them to other programs. It just shouldn't be that hard.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Dec 30, 2014
- Version: 1.3.107
- Size: 1.25 GB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Notion Music, Inc.
- © PreSonus Audio Electronics, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- All Bundle$29.99
- Alto Sax $0.99
- Classical guitar $0.99
- Tenor Sax $0.99
- Harp $0.99
- Jazz Tenor Sax $0.99
- Jazz Alto Sax $0.99
- Jazz Bass $0.99
- Percussion Bundle $4.99
- Baritone Sax $0.99