By NOTION Music, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
AS FEATURED IN APPLE ADS
Notion is a notation editor and playback tool for your iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch, (any iOS8 compatible device) giving you the convenience of an easy-to-use music creation tool right at your fingertips. An incredible composition app for any music lover, Notion gives you the ability to compose, edit, and playback scores using real audio samples performed by The London Symphony Orchestra recorded at Abbey Road Studios. You can capture your musical ideas anytime, and take this helpful application anywhere.
With a user-friendly interface and simple interactive piano keyboard, fretboard, and drum pad; Notion makes it easy to get started composing your music. And, with Notion's abundance of advanced functions you can take your most basic ideas to an entirely new level right on your iOS device.
In addition to the notation editor you can also hear your music performed with real audio samples, giving you the most realistic playback possible. Notion comes bundled with piano and orchestral samples recorded by The London Symphony Orchestra at Abbey Road Studios as well as popular instruments such as guitar, bass, and much more. The initial app download contains piano - you can then manage which of the bundled sounds to have on your device, or keep in the cloud, just tap on Sounds.
Begin your project by using the simple score setup tool or choose a template. You can also open MusicXML, Guitar Pro, and MIDI files. You can continue to alter your score and playback using a palette full of articulations, expressions, and dynamics. Or create the perfect balance using the full-featured multi-track mixer with effects.
Once you are happy with your creation you can share your work by emailing the Notion file. Or you can send MIDI or MusicXML files, or send an audio or PDF file. You can sync your scores across devices, and with Notion for Windows and Mac, by using iCloud and Dropbox.
- Handwriting in-app purchase for iPad now available
- Enter, edit, and playback notation, tab, or both
- Orchestral samples by The London Symphony Orchestra recorded at Abbey Road Studios.
- Piano, keyboards, electric guitar, acoustic guitar, electric bass
- MIDI step-time entry with your favorite MIDI device or MIDI Bluetooth device
- Record real-time MIDI input into your score.
- Audition Mode: Use the on-screen virtual instruments to hear sounds before entering them into your score.
- Clean and intuitive user interface
- Support for retina display
- Native 64-bit support
- Option to tap in notes with finger or stylus
- Interactive piano keyboard, 24-fret guitar fretboard and drumpad for step, and realtime, entry
- Quick and simple selection palette
- Distortion and reverb effects
- Full audio mixer
- Full range of orchestral functions and articulations including: Staccato, Flutter tongues, Trills, Vibrato, and much more…
- Full range of guitar functions and articulations including: bends, vibrato, slides, hammer on, pull off, mutes, whammy bar techniques, bass slap, harmonics, and more…
- Drag score items such as dynamics
- Switch Instruments
- Insert text
- Rehearsal Marks
- Chord Symbols and Diagrams
- Rhythm Slashes
- Cross staff beaming for grand staff instruments
- Continuous and Page View
- Quick “Undo” and “Redo” functions
- Chord and melody modes
- Easy delete and erase capabilities
- Enter and edit title and composer information
- Save as an audio file
- Import .notion, MIDI, MusicXML, GuitarPro 3-5 files
- Export/email .notion, PDF, MusicXML, .WAV, AAC or MIDI files
- Sync with iCloud, Dropbox or iTunes File Sharing
- Print to AirPrint enabled printers
- Expand your bundled sound library with in-app purchases
- Help Files
- And much more…
What's New in Version 2.0.146
Split View and Slide Over (on compatible iPads only). When in Split View, slide out the full Notion toolbar from the left of the screen.
Audio issue with iPhone6s resolved
Files now opening correctly from email, if iCloud is turned on
Scores with dashed barlines now showing in full
Help Overlay button reinstated
Duplicate clef issue fixed, if changing clef in first measure with handwriting
Durations are no longer altered in beamed groups, when notes are handwritten after the group
Handwritten dotted tuplet groups now get recognised correctly
Fix not able to hand-scribble out expressions like down bows and accents.
Fix an occasional crash when using controls to alter layout and font size
Change default in the time signature dialog
Great for iPhone. Very stable. Still waiting on proper slurr placement.
Love this app on the phone. What a value and very stable. I have used Notion on the Ipad and my Laptop for a few years so this was a welcome addition. My biggest gripe is still the way it forces slurrs above any multivoice staff, such as those used for classical and solo guitar music. They should allow an option to place them near their respective note heads. There are no slurrs on the tab at all, unless viewed alone without standard notation staff, then the stems get pretty cocky looking, as well as the slurrs still being improperly placed. We could do without the circles around the long notes in the tab. If there are separate voices on adjacent strings in the tab, the circles often overlap making things difficult to read. Tab rhythm should be above and below with such things down there and the option to turn it off and on. Slurrs on tab itself. All said, I can always import the .xml into another program and tweak, so I would rate the app 4.5 and round up to 5 stars, since nothing else comes close.
Best Piano App Available
Been playing the the piano for over 3 years, and this app just keeps getting better. I use it to figure out difficult passages when learning a new song.
The handwriting component is worth every penny. I use an iPad 3 with no problems. Adding notes, moving them and etc is very easy. The bottom line it works.
I only have two wishes. I wish when you play back music, looking at the keyboard on the app needs more contrast on the black keys to see them easily. The other is occasionally when the music is very busy, the sound on my iPad locks up and distorts. Otherwise it's a must for anybody learning music. Keep up the great work guys.
I first want to say, all in all, this is a great app. I personally just mess around with it and eventually make something decent. It has great sound quality compared to other apps similar to it. I can see its use in teaching. However, there are a few things I would like added. First of all, DEAD NOTES ON BASS!!! Come on, half of bass is slapping and popping, and you can't have slapping and popping without dead notes! It irks me that you added dead notes on guitar, but not bass. On a smaller note (no pun intended), a pick scrape would be a nice addition to the array of sounds in the app. But I am really hoping to see an update with an option for dead notes on bass.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Dec 18, 2015
- Version: 2.0.146
- Size: 140 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Notion Music, Inc.
- © PreSonus Audio Electronics, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- All Sounds Bundle$29.99
- Alto Sax $0.99
- Classical guitar $0.99
- Tenor Sax $0.99
- Harp $0.99
- Jazz Tenor Sax $0.99
- Jazz Bass $0.99
- Jazz Alto Sax $0.99
- Percussion Bundle $4.99