By NOTION Music, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
AS FEATURED IN APPLE ADS
Notion is a notation editor and playback tool for your iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch, (any iOS8 compatible device) giving you the convenience of an easy-to-use music creation tool right at your fingertips. An incredible composition app for any music lover, Notion gives you the ability to compose, edit, and playback scores using real audio samples performed by The London Symphony Orchestra recorded at Abbey Road Studios. You can capture your musical ideas anytime, and take this helpful application anywhere. Plus you can share your files with Notion 6 for Mac or Windows.
With a user-friendly interface and simple interactive piano keyboard, fretboard, and drum pad; Notion makes it easy to get started composing your music. And, with Notion's abundance of advanced functions you can take your most basic ideas to an entirely new level right on your iOS device.
In addition to the notation editor you can also hear your music performed with real audio samples, giving you the most realistic playback possible. Notion comes bundled with piano and orchestral samples recorded by The London Symphony Orchestra at Abbey Road Studios as well as popular instruments such as guitar, bass, and much more. The initial app download contains piano - you can then manage which of the bundled sounds to have on your device, or keep in the cloud, just tap on Sounds.
Begin your project by using the simple score setup tool or choose a template. You can also open MusicXML, Guitar Pro, and MIDI files. You can continue to alter your score and playback using a palette full of articulations, expressions, and dynamics. Or create the perfect balance using the full-featured multi-track mixer with effects.
Once you are happy with your creation you can share your work by emailing the Notion file. Or you can send MIDI or MusicXML files, or send an audio or PDF file. You can sync your scores across devices, and with Notion for Windows and Mac, by using iCloud and Dropbox.
- Handwriting in-app purchase for iPad now available
- Enter, edit, and playback notation, tab, or both
- Orchestral samples by The London Symphony Orchestra recorded at Abbey Road Studios.
- Piano, keyboards, electric guitar, acoustic guitar, electric bass
- MIDI step-time entry with your favorite MIDI device or MIDI Bluetooth device
- Record real-time MIDI input into your score.
- Audition Mode: Use the on-screen virtual instruments to hear sounds before entering them into your score.
- Clean and intuitive user interface
- Support for retina display
- Native 64-bit support
- Option to tap in notes with finger or stylus
- Interactive piano keyboard, 24-fret guitar fretboard and drumpad for step, and realtime, entry
- Quick and simple selection palette
- Distortion and reverb effects
- Full audio mixer
- Full range of orchestral functions and articulations including: Staccato, Flutter tongues, Trills, Vibrato, and much more…
- Full range of guitar functions and articulations including: bends, vibrato, slides, hammer on, pull off, mutes, whammy bar techniques, bass slap, harmonics, and more…
- Drag score items such as dynamics
- Switch Instruments
- Insert text
- Rehearsal Marks
- Chord Symbols and Diagrams
- Rhythm Slashes
- Cross staff beaming for grand staff instruments
- Continuous and Page View
- Quick “Undo” and “Redo” functions
- Chord and melody modes
- Easy delete and erase capabilities
- Enter and edit title and composer information
- Save as an audio file
- Import .notion, MIDI, MusicXML, GuitarPro 3-5 files
- Export/email .notion, PDF, MusicXML, .WAV, AAC or MIDI files
- Sync with iCloud, Dropbox or iTunes File Sharing
- Print to AirPrint enabled printers
- Expand your bundled sound library with in-app purchases
- Help Files
- And much more…
What's New in Version 2.0.164
Fix issue when tapping Restore Purchases
Too many bugs
The app is great and is definitely one of my favorites, but there are too many annoying problems. 1) When converting scores to music xml or midi files, all of the accents, articulations, dynamics, crescendos, and other stuff gets removed, which nearly makes xml and midi export useless. 2) There are glitches that make adding titles, headings, and footers very tedious. When you tap to change a credit or text, it often doesn't even edit the one that you selected, which gets very annoying when it happens a lot. Also, when adding a subtitle, it doesn't get aligned exactly in the middle. 3) When in print view, sometimes it will randomly push me back a few pages whenever I make an edit. It's not that big of a deal, but it can get frustrating. These are all small bugs, but they're also very annoying, as they happen frequently. Would give this app five stars if all of the above problems get fixed, especially the xml and midi export bugs. Still a great app though, aside from all the bugs, but would really like to see a lot of fixes in the next update.
Lost ALL Patience
This app has WAY too many bugs. I tried to be patient and work through the bugs, but there's really so many it's just faster to write what I want on paper or use noteflight.com.
Corrupting Files and Dreams.
This is probably the most app used on my phone. I use it to write most of my music, as I cannot really afford any of those $500 music notation programs. The sound quality of the instruments is very good and gives you an excellent idea at what it might sound like being performed by a live orchestra. It runs very well and the controls are all very easy once you get the hang of them.
My one and only wish, is that when you export a PDF file or for parts of a multi-track piece, that the tests are represented by the multi-bar rest, instead of having tons of whole rests and taking up too much paper. It's not the best thing to look at and it makes it look unprofessional. If there is a way to do that, then that will make this app absolutely perfect.
UPDATE: I see that you've added an Organ into the app, but I cannot download it and there are no tones for it. I'm not sure if it is just so you can write easier for an organ instead of a piano and bass clef, but I hope that some organ sound files are uploaded soon!
UPDATE January 11th, 2017: Im locked out of 60% of my files. Whenever I tap on it, it says "Error: Cannot Open File". I am extremely upset because I have been working on some very big projects that I now can never access again.
UPDATE January 13th, 2017: The app is now responding extremely slowly and I cannot delete files. When I try to delete my corrupted scores that you ruined, they come back and won't go away. I am considering deleting this app overall and just getting different composition software. Please fix this, I've spend so much money on this, and it'd be a waste of you to just ruin your app. If you can't fix it, then charge less for your buggy app.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Dec 11, 2016
- Version: 2.0.164
- Size: 201 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Notion Music, Inc.
- © PreSonus Audio Electronics, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- All Sounds Bundle$29.99
- Classical guitar $0.99
- Alto Sax $0.99
- Harp $0.99
- Percussion Bundle $4.99
- Jazz Bass $0.99
- Marimba $0.99
- Jazz Alto Sax $0.99
- Jazz Tenor Sax $0.99