Notorium Notes - Text Notes with Dropbox & TextExpander integration. Great for school or meetings!
By App Apps, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Super 99 cent sale! Regularly $2.99! Huge changes in this new version! Dropbox & TextExpander integration. A great way to record, organize, review and share your text notes from your meetings, classes, and conferences. With its beautiful interface and unique approach to organizing notes by Category and Subject, you'll always be able to find the notes you want, fast.
With integrated Dropbox support, your notes will be backed up to the cloud and available instantly, anywhere, to any device with internet. Imagine being able to take notes in your class or meeting and having the notes sitting on your computer by the time you get back to your desk, ready to edit, review and share. Using Audiotorium with Dropbox's desktop app, it's that simple! For more information on Dropbox, go to http://www.dropbox.com.
With integrated TextExpander support, taking notes has never been faster. Instantly insert the date, time, formulas, common phrases or any other text with just a few keystrokes. Perfect for meetings and classes. For more information on TextExpander, go to http://www.smileonmymac.com/TextExpander
New features for iOS 4.2!
- When opening the app it will resume on the screen you closed it. If you had a note open, that note will still be open when you run the app again.
- Share your notes with friends and colleagues via Dropbox, WiFi, email or iTunes File Sharing.
- All your text and audio notes are backed up to the cloud instantly and available from anywhere
- Instantly sync notes to your desktop when using Dropbox's desktop app
- Stunning user interface.
- Customize your notes with a choice of different paper textures and fonts
- Customize your Subjects with a choice of over 40 icons
- Integrated Dropbox support
- Integrated TextExpander support
- Insert the current date by typing ddate
- Insert the current time by typing ttime
- Insert the current date+time by typing dtime
- Define your own abbreviations and phrases by using the TextExpander iPad app
If you have questions or suggestions, we'd love to hear from you: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The App Apps Team
What's New in Version 1.8.7
- Fixed a bug which would cause notes not to appear in the UI if exiting the app without exiting the note.
- Fixed bug with toolbar background color.
- Fix crash bug when linking to Dropbox.
- Updated dropbox syncing code.
I was very exited about this App, as it has all the potential of being a great app. Unfortunately 2 things have disappointed me and will result in me stop using it and not recommending it if not fixed.
The first reviewer talked of a minor bug with portrait vs landscape. In my view this is not a minor problem, it's a major one. If you type when taking notes or blogging, using portrait with a small keyboard is not an option and this app only allows you to get hallway down the page in landscape format, and you are unable to scroll further, meaning you are typing blind.
The second issue is that categories are not easy to add nor title.
As my title says, it has potential, really great potential, if these could be fixed.
Almost Perfect Legal Pad app
This is the only lined, yellow legal pad that will fill the screen in landscape mode.
Nice categorization tools with the cool symbols are a plus.
For those not into putting your stuff on the cloud, you can email files to yourself, or find the files in iTunes. Easily drag the files to your desktop, open in Word.
The big problem in the app: the last text line is below the actual iPad screen border. The workaround for this: using the Apple or similar keyboard, use the key command to get to the last line, then last word, then several returns. Like this: ⌘↓ Jump to bottom of document, then ⌘→ Jump to end of line, then several Returns to bring page up.
The other issue: in Word, you want to change the straight quotes and apostrophes to curly, smart quotes, etc. Not enough room here to show you how, but goto to ehow and find file about this.
This app is cheap but tremendously useful with the above fixes. You'll have to do it to get this app up to par.
Exactly what I needed
This is my 1st semester using my iPad2 for classes, and I downloaded this app when the preloaded iPad Notes app deleted a whole day of class notes. I just wanted something simple that was sure to save my class notes - this app had exactly what I needed. It syncs to a cloud, so I can access them from any computer, and the app is easy to use. The price is certainly a value.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 13, 2011
- Version: 1.8.7
- Size: 7.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: App Apps, LLC
- © 2010 App Apps, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.