Noun Trainer Home is a professional speech therapy app, designed for adults with aphasia who have word retrieval difficulties.
The app includes over 100 high-quality pictures of items found in the home. It offers two evidence-based treatment approaches in 1 app: semantic feature analysis & errorless learning. It also includes a custom naming test.
Describe: Semantic Feature Analysis (SFA) is an evidence-based treatment approach for naming that focuses on the meaning-based properties of nouns. The client is asked to describe each feature of a target word by answering a set of questions. Choose the ‘Describe’ mode in the app to use this therapy approach.
SFA is most suited to clients who have mild to moderate aphasia and intact cognitive skills.
Listen & Repeat: The premise of the Errorless Learning treatment approach is that users will not struggle to name an item. Instead they are helped to learn the words by listening to them in turn, and repeating them.
Choose the ‘Listen & Repeat’ mode in the app to use this therapy approach. The app repeats the name of the item three times and asks the user to repeat it three times. This is the default setting. You may adjust the number of times the app repeats the name of the target item as well as the number of prompts it gives the user to repeat.
Errorless Learning is most suited to clients who are able to accurately repeat, able to self-monitor, and who have good recall skills.
Custom Test: Noun Trainer Home also allows you to test the person’s ability to name the target items and determine which items need to be practiced. It is therefore perfect for taking baseline scores and repeat testing following a period of practice.
- Clear and uncluttered user interface
- Over 100 high-quality real-life photos of household objects
- Adjustable settings allowing you to choose the items you wish to test and/or practice in therapy
- The option to set the number of times the target word is repeated and the number of prompts to repeat which are given in the ‘Listen & Repeat’ mode
- Tracking of scores in 'Test'
- The option to email a results summary
- The automated iOS voice of Siri
-Even more pictures of household items
- The addition of Describe mode (Semantic Feature Analysis)
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.