Nourished - Grain-Free Recipes
By Farmhouse Apps, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
If you are on a Paleo, Primal, grain-free or gluten-free diet, or are just looking to replace some of the grains in your diet with some delicious alternatives, this app is for you. This is a feature-rich app that currently has 126 recipes that are free of grains, gluten, corn, soy, legumes, and refined sugar. All of the recipes can also be narrowed down by whether they are nut-free, dairy-free, egg-free, nightshade-free, sweetener-free, and FODMAP-free. The app was coded and created by the mom of two young boys who have been on GAPS™ and Paleo themselves for years. Nourished is full of yummy, nutritious recipes that appeal to both adults and children.
● Created for iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch
● Features recipes from some of the most prominent bloggers in the grain-free world - Elana Amsterdam of Elana's Pantry, Vanessa Barajas or Clean Eating With a Dirty Mind, Kelly Brozyna of The Spunky Coconut, George Bryant of Civilized Caveman Cooking Creations, Cara Comini of Health, Home & Happiness, Tammy Credicott of The Healthy GF Life, Amy Densmore of Paleo Cupboard, Sarah Fragoso of Everyday Paleo, Melissa Joulwan of The Clothes Make the Girl, Sarah Smith of Nourished and Nurtured, and Bill Staley and Hayley Mason of The Food Lovers Kitchen and just added in November, Lisa Wells of Cook Eat Paleo
● Also features over 40 new recipes from the app creator, Michele Spring of Nourished App, all free of grains, gluten, refined sugar, soy, corn, and legumes
● Recipes include items like Lavender Hazelnut Cookies, Raspberry Chipotle Meatloaf, Butternut Squash Galettes, and Brussels Sprouts with Apples, Shallots, and Pistachios
● Ability to see recipes and instructions in both US Measurements and Metric
● Switch between several serving sizes per recipe
● Cooked History feature which keeps a running history of the recipes you have cooked. Never wonder again “What was that recipe I made last month?”
● Cooking Queue feature which allows you to queue up specific recipes to try before marking them as favorites. Could also alternatively be used as a weekly grocery planner where you can queue up the recipes you want to make that week
● Interactive shopping list which allows you to view items by Recipe and Store Aisle and then email them
● Add your own notes to each recipe
● A comprehensive Resources section which shows you where to get many of the items you’d want on a grain-free diet
● Recipes searchable by ingredient and name, course, specific allergen (nut, egg, dairy, nightshade, FODMAP), whether it is sweetener-free or not, season, time to make, whether they are freezable for later use, and whether they are portable for easy on-the-go snacking
● The only added sweeteners used are honey, maple syrup, coconut nectar/coconut crystals, and stevia (any can be used according to your preferences and dietary restrictions)
● Currently the only dairy used is butter/ghee but most recipes include a conversion to a non-dairy alternative
● All recipes suitable for those following the principles of Weston A. Price
What's New in Version 1.8.1
Fixed an issue with user notes on the iPad where text entered wouldn't scroll to the right.
I've had the app over a year. The recipes are good, pretty simple and most don't call for odd ball ingredients. It's convenient because you can search by course and even for recipes with specific requirements, ex no eggs.
This app has really great recipes but there have not been any updates for this app in almost a year. They stated that there would be updates often with new recipes and they have failed at providing more recipes. I hope someone who created this app will read this and respond. Please make updating this app a priority again!!,
Yummy and healthy recipes!!
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Jan 22, 2014
- Version: 1.8.1
- Size: 104 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Farmhouse Apps, LLC
- © Farmhouse Apps, LLC All Rights Reserved
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.