By Nuclear Nova Software
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Welcome to Nova Golf, the finest golfing game on the Mac! A followup to the award winning game GL Golf, Nova Golf is sure to keep you entertained and immersed for countless hours. Redesigned from the ground up, Nova Golf has everything both casual/hardcore gamers and frequent/weekend golfers could want.
• Realistic ball physics - Everyone will enjoy the simple realism while avid golfers will be able to shape every shot and watch the ball react to all surfaces and lies
• Stunning 3D graphics - Nova Golf adapts to each computer for the best image quality while always maintaining a smooth framerate
• Unique courses - Locations from around the world feature distinct styles of both play and appearance. You'll know if you're in the Pennsylvania forest, Arizona desert, or on the Scottish coastline
• Customizable characters - Level up five playing statistics while managing each avatar's wardrobe and physical appearance
• Career mode - Play as both an amateur and professional and progress by winning the required qualifiers and tournaments
• Multiplayer - Challenge up to three of your friends and play at the same time
• Purchase custom clubs and golf balls using both virtual currency earned in game and through In-App Purchase
• High replay value - No hole is the same when varying the white/blue/green tees, five pin locations, and three environmental difficulty settings
• Custom music made specifically for Nova Golf
• Best rounds list for each course/difficulty setting
System Requirements: Mac OS 10.7+, CPU Speed - 2.2 GHz, Memory - 2GB+, Video Ram - 256MB+
Recommended Requirements: Mac OS 10.8+, CPU Speed - 2.5 GHz, Memory - 4GB+, Video Ram - 512MB+
Notice: The following integrated video chipsets are not supported - Intel GMA 950 and Intel GMA X3100. These are found in the Mac Mini(2006, 2007), iMac(2006), Macbook(2006, 2007, 2008), and Macbook Air(2008). The following video chipsets may require lower graphics setting and/or may run slower than anticipated in certain circumstances - ATI Radeon X1600, NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT, NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT. Experiment with the settings screen to find the best quality/speed balance for your individual system.
If you like Nova Golf, make sure to check out Nuclear Nova's other games, all available for the Mac/iPhone/iPad/iPod.
• GL Golf, the predecessor to Nova Golf, is still actively developed and has over 35 unique courses! Thousands of golfers are posting scorecards online every day with this golf classic
• Pinball Shuffle and Pinball Massacre are two unique comic book arcade style pinball tables
• Barnyard Blaster is a unique shooter with plenty of weapons, animals, and environments
• Rocket Golf gives golf a new twist with its unique 2D side scrolling gameplay
• Liquid Defense, Hydrothermal, and Escape are our three classic puzzle/simulator games
• Fractal 3D and ASCII Art are our first non-game apps
What's New in Version 1.132
Fixed bug where Mac App Store wouldn't let certain computers download the game
Requires Mac OS 10.8+
Fixed possible delay in between holes in Yosemite
Fixed crash with in-app purchase with iCloud backup enabled (Mac)
Compatible with Mac OS 10.10 Yosemite (Mac)
Higher default resolution - 1440x900 instead of 1024x768 (Mac)
Higher default graphics settings for newer computer models (Mac)
Water graphics optimizations
Fixed Power Up button from disappearing
Fixed lost arrows
Fixed gravity effecting particle/text alerts
Fixed wind arrow
Overhead green view is now the first view in selection mode
Several other bug fixes
Buggy, Unintuitive & Outdated Graphics
This is such a poor game with many flaws. First, the company sells me an outdated version and when I try to install the update a week later it says my Mac version won't take the update. Why not sell me the latest, updated version compatible with my Mac? Or warn me in advance that I can't make updates to get rid of your game's many faults.
Next, this game is full of bugs. There are "ghost" trees that sometimes appear out of nowhere. The ball sometimes has a shadow below it when rolling on the ground. And I hear the sound of my ball hitting branches and leaves when none are in my way.
The graphics look they they could be from an Antari game from the 1980s.
Worse still is the navigation/settings/selections in this game is about as far from user-friendly or intuitive as you can get. I still can't really figure out how to get into tournament mode or pick a course.
I feel ripped off. And then they try to sell you more add ons. Sorry, you got all the money you are getting from me. In fact I want my five bucks back.
In Michigan, there are two seasons — winter and golf season. This video game gets me through winter. It’s a delight to play.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jan 24, 2015
- Version: 1.132
- Size: 141 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Jacob Leveto
- © 2012 Nuclear Nova Software
Compatibility: OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor
Top In-App Purchases
- 1,000 Experience$2.99
- Course Pack 2$2.99
- Course Pack 1$2.99
- Dozen of all Balls$1.99
- Extra Mulligans$0.99