Novel in 30
By PT Software Solutions
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Admit it - you've always wanted to write a novel. You've had ideas kicking around in your head for months or years, but have had trouble actually sitting down and writing.
Novel in 30 will help you achieve your goal of writing a novel. Not only does it provide a distraction-free writing environment, it offers necessary encouragement along the way. And by holding you to a deadline, it might just give you the kick in the rear that you need to get that novel out of your head and onto the page.
For those that enjoy bullet-point feature lists, here's ours:
* Visually appealing, distraction-free writing environment.
* Enhanced onscreen keyboard keeps commonly-used keys at your fingertips.
* Full support for external keyboards.
* Provides motivation as you journey down your path to novelist stardom.
* Configurable project settings - set your target word count and deadline.
* Project dashboard - tracks your progress, letting you know where your stand at a glance, and what writing pace you need to maintain to reach your goal.
* Lets you share your success with your friends on Facebook when you reach a milestone.
* Syncs your writing project to your computer via iTunes, so you have easy access to your writing from your computer.
* Makes it easy to back up your writing project to your Dropbox.
* All documents are saved as plain text files, so they can be opened in any word processing program.
Novel in 30 is the perfect app for National Novel Writing Month (nanowrimo.org), or for whenever you're willing to throw down the gauntlet and challenge yourself or your friends to a writing contest.
Questions? Problems? Effusive praise? Send it all to email@example.com
Writing a novel is fun! Why not start yours today?
What's New in Version 1.1.0
- Minor performance enhancements.
- Added feature that allows you to change the working title for your novel once you've started it.
- Updated Dropbox integration.
Enjoying Novel in 30? Please leave a review in the App Store.
If you have any questions, comments, or feature requests, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
I love the idea of having a writing program that holds me to a goal and tracks my progress. However, this program has some serious drawbacks. To track your daily word count, you have to start on a new document every day. Which means if you want to pick up in the middle of the chapter you didn't finish yesterday, you have to go back to the previous document and keep adding to that day's word count (meaning you don't get an individual word count for today's work). This program would be 100 times better if you could get daily word counts on the same document. It also only does black text on a white background. I much prefer white text on a black background. It's easier on my eyes, which vastly improves my ability to concentrate for hours at a time.
Please give us more options for setting up our work flow and space!
Not Perfect, but kept me motivated.
I love this app, even though it's not perfect. I daringly chose to write a rough draft novel for NaNoWriMo with it, and was not disappointed. It kept me motivated with author quotes of encouragement and word counts. It let me know exactly how many words I had typed, and how many words I needed for the daily average in order to achieve my goal. While its only flaw is that it is not a word processor, it is easy to use and very portable. When I hit the word count for NaNoWriMo, I was able to transfer the text from my iPad to my PC by way of updating my iPad.
I highly recommend this app.
Great for keeping track
I love the idea of this program! It makes it so much easier to keep track of my daily numbers, but it don't use it to write anything as it's horrible unless you use a portable keyboard while in landscape mode. Otherwise, your text will not scroll up beyond the onscreen keyboard.
Maybe it's an Apple problem, though. I wish you could access past achievements, though. Right now, if you don't want to share your accomplishment right away, you're SOL.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 30, 2012
- Version: 1.1.0
- Size: 6.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Peter de Tagyos
- © 2011 Peter C. de Tagyos
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.