NoWait - Get In Line At Restaurants Without Reservations
By NoWait, Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With NoWait, you can see the current wait times for nearby places to eat and put yourself on the waitlist of your favorite restaurant from anywhere - even if they do not take reservations.
• Save time by getting in line from home, work, or a private yacht
• Gain peace of mind by knowing how long the wait time is at any restaurant near you
• Feel like a wizard* by seeing your exact place in line
• Create harmony in your family by minimizing the wait for hungry children (and adults)
• Look like a VIP when you waltz right in and grab a table at a busy restaurant without waiting
• Go shopping, play soccer, take a nap, or spend a minute rating our app with your extra time
• Sit, or more likely stand around a crowded host stand, holding a dirty pager and hoping it buzzes soon
You can skip the wait at many of these popular restaurants using NoWait:
Buffalo Wild Wings
The Original Pancake House
...and thousands more local restaurants near you!
*NoWait doesn’t actually turn you into a wizard, though we would argue it’s close.
What's New in Version 2.5
• We’ve improved our search to make it even easier to find the restaurants you want, and added a history of restaurants that you’ve viewed recently.
• Trying to figure out dinner? We now provide suggested restaurants nearby in search results.
• Restaurants within 60 miles now viewable (up from 30).
Why an app?
I downloaded this app because the restaurant I was visiting texted me a link to a web site to see my place in line/estimate how much longer I had to wait. The web site, of course, required me to download this app. I suppose it's helpful, but seriously, the functionality it provides could, and should, just be a mobile web site, that doesn't use space on my phone. Want to make an app for the service? Great, go for it. But also make the functionality available via a mobile site for people like me, that will probably only ever use it once or twice. Amusingly, it took almost my entire wait time to download the app because of the cruddy cell service in the restaurant.
Great service, app could use some tweaks
I use NoWait all the time for the convenience it offers, but the app could really use some optimization for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. Even on the gigantic screen the 6 Plus has to offer, you can only see two restaurants on the screen at the same time. I'm not sure if the app hasn't been optimized for the sake of compatibility with older phones or if it's just laziness, but either way, the experience is jarring.
Your Time Reclaimed
Brilliant app saves me hours a month in waiting at restaurants. Any restaurant that doesn't use this and has wait times longer than 5 minutes is not maximizing its market. Capture and keep your guests with this app. Pagers are so 1990s. Oh, you're a diner? Um, use this app and save your time! And be sure to use the Suggest a Restaurant feature in app. STELLAR APP!
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Jul 20, 2015
- Version: 2.5
- Size: 42.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: NoWait, Inc
- © 2010-2015 NoWait, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.