Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
***Featured in the App Store's "Music Discovery" App Essentials Collection***
NPR MUSIC for iPhone and iPad
The ultimate music experience at your fingertips! Discover new music of all genres – Rock, Jazz & Blues, World, Classical and Hip Hop/R&B. You get music handpicked by the country's best DJs and the quality storytelling you expect from NPR. Listen to exclusive album previews, live concerts and interviews. Read the latest music news and reviews. Watch videos like Tiny Desk Concerts and Favorite Sessions. Share new discoveries and purchase featured music.
The NPR Music app – it’s love at first listen.
* Highlights of the iPhone app:
- Multi-genre music content, with news, music streams, live concerts and interviews.
- Live music streams from more than 100 public radio stations. Browse by genre and set favorites.
- Signature programs and popular series such as First Listen, All Songs Considered, Tiny Desk Concerts, World Cafe and Marian McPartland’s Piano Jazz.
- A searchable artist directory of more than 5,000 bands, musicians and singers, including performances, interviews and reviews from the NPR Music archives.
- Customizable playlist.
* Highlights of the iPad app:
- Stunning magazine layout lets you visually browse and easily filter content.
- Stream your favorite music stations and discover new ones.
- Live video streaming of NPR Music concerts and festival coverage.
- Story pages provide rich editorial content.
- “Related Stories” offers additional content you might like.
- Enhanced playlist features:
* Ability to save your playlist items for offline listening.
* Groundbreaking visual design.
* Our “Recommended For You” section suggests other stories based on what’s in your playlist.
* Opt-in feature suggests NPR Music stories based on artists in your iTunes Library.
*** Praise for the NPR Music app ***
"Get all of NPR's eclectic music coverage in one place with this polished new app that pulls together performances, interviews, and regular music shows along with live streams of over 100 public radio stations nationwide." – Entertainment Weekly
"NPR Music is a very slick app with great content and a streamlined design." – Fast Company
"It's a great app...a worthy addition to any iPad." – Christopher Breen, MacWorld
If you need support using the app, wish to report an issue or request a feature, we'd love to hear from you! Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 3.1
Optimized for iPhone 5 screen size
Bug fixes and stability improvements
I absolutely adore all of the wonderful programs that NPR has to offer, but this app is sadly lacking. I love listening to Thistle and Shamrock through this app, but lately the episodes won't download...they just say "Save for Later" and don't begin loading when I click on them. As someone who cannot stream things through the Internet, downloading podcasts is a must-have. The user interface also needs some improvement--at the moment it's rather reminiscent of iOS 6. And please, please, please bring offline downloading to the iPhone app! Thank you so much!
I LOVE the Eclectic 24 station!!! I also appreciate that the radio station are curated by humans who understand flow. I have the ipad app and I haven't had any crashes or problems. The only 2 suggestions I have is to continue to add great alternative stations and I wish I could make a playlist from song that are currently playing. That would make this app perfect.
NPR Music listener
The NPR music app includes functions you can get on the website such as first listen, which is great in theory. However, the app consistently crashes. Right now, I repeatedly cannot even open the app, because it immediately crashes. Many times I cannot access the functions such as radio stations I would like to listen to. This irregular access has unfortunately only increased over the 2 years I have had the app. Deleting it and reinstalling it has not improved the errors.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Music
- Updated: Feb 07, 2014
- Version: 3.1
- Size: 14.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: NPR
- © NPR
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.