Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
One of Apple's Favorite "Great Free iPhone Apps"
The ultimate NPR experience for your iPhone or iPod Touch. Follow local and national news and listen to your favorite NPR stations wherever you are and whenever you want to.
With the NPR News iPhone app, NPR is always on.
- Listen to NPR’s hourly news updates
- Create a playlist of stories
- Hear public radio podcasts on demand
- Read stories while listening to live stations or on demand audio
- Bookmark your favorite stations
- Find stations by location (GPS) or zip code
- Our program guide tells you where your favorite programs are playing live now
- Listen to Morning Edition, All Things Considered, Planet Money, Fresh Air, Wait Wait…Don’t Tell Me! and more – anytime, anywhere
Thank you, as always, for supporting public radio.
What's New in Version 3.9.15
Two big fixes in this release:
- Push Notifications – We fixed a pesky issue that was preventing some users from receiving push notifications despite opting into them. If you still don't receive push notifications after this update and have confirmed they are turned on, we recommend you uninstall and reinstall the app
- Programs are Back! - We heard your feedback about removing shows and programs, so we've brought all the shows back (and added a few new ones) while we continue to work on improving NPR One. Also, don't worry - we have no plans to retire this app, and are actually working on some exciting new updates
This is the NPR application I remember from the past that served me all the content I wanted whether it be daily news stories from many subjects, features of interesting topics or observations of the unique realities of our daily lives. While over the past few years NPR has had several applications that where limited or didn't work properly. This version of NPR News is neither limited and it works properly. It is also easy to browse for articles as well as seeking out audio to listen to. Both stories and audio can be saved to read or listen to later. I recommend this as the best NPR application for people to download as you get everything which makes National Public Radio great to read and listen to.
Easy access to high-quality, free content.
Had not used for years due to bugs that have now apparently been fixed. Previous functionality has been restored. This app now lets me access hourly update quickly and choose other stories if I wish.
Leaving my old negative review here for legacy:
"Hourly newscasts stopped refreshing. I have deleted and reinstalled the app several times, and that often seems to work for a while. Last night while listening to NPR hourly news, I got the infamous iOS 'white screen of death,' which Apple support blamed on a software problem."
I love that NPR can be downloaded on my iPhone. What a treat! I can't receive the station in my home, however, my car radio picks up the broadcast system easily. In the past, this has been a problem especially if I'm at the end of my excursion and have to leave the car to go into my home. In the past, I've had to leave many an unfinished broadcast.
One suggestion-it would be nice if the playlists had headings to let you know which program you were choosing ( i.e. Ted Talks, Invisibilia, Car Talk, etc)
Again, I love this app!!