Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
One of Apple's Favorite "Great Free iPhone Apps"
The ultimate NPR experience for your iPhone or iPod Touch. Follow local and national news and listen to your favorite NPR stations wherever you are and whenever you want to.
With the NPR News iPhone app, NPR is always on.
- Listen to NPR’s hourly news updates
- Create a playlist of stories
- Hear public radio podcasts on demand
- Read stories while listening to live stations or on demand audio
- Bookmark your favorite stations
- Find stations by location (GPS) or zip code
- Our program guide tells you where your favorite programs are playing live now
- Listen to Morning Edition, All Things Considered, Planet Money, Fresh Air, Wait Wait…Don’t Tell Me! and more – anytime, anywhere
Thank you, as always, for supporting public radio.
What's New in Version 3.9.13
• Station Streams: We've resolved a particularly pesky bug that prevented station streams from properly updating unless the app was uninstalled and reinstalled (yikes). This update should fix that issue, and deliver a marked improvement in overall stream reliability as a result
• Other small performance enhancements & bug fixes
Mobile platform has worked very well for me, living in a rural area of the Midwest out of range, most days, of reliable radio reception for city stations of NPR. I appreciate the exposure to an impressive variety of programs - in-depth news that is more balanced than most commercial news, music that includes jazz, classical, Latino and World as well as lesser-known artists. There is abundant food for thought and personal growth - from "The Splendid Table" to "The TED Radio Hour", from "Invisibilia" to "The Best of Car Talk" plus locally-produced programs varying state to state. Thanks for making NPR available anywhere my phone has reception!
NPR's app is probably the best radio/TV news app I've used. Most of their segments from the past few days are available on-demand, plus you can stream a feed of any NPR station around the country (as well as set favorites). I love that they have a playlist feature for listening to multiple segments on-demand in one sitting. The only thing that would make this app even better is if they allowed offline downloading. Either way, it's an awesome app and it changed the way I digest my news!
This app brings up the daily cache of NPR news stories, many (if not all) of which one might hear on your local NPR-affiliated radio station. I haven't had any issues with this app crashing, but I do find it annoying that an article will make reference to a link that isn't there. I suppose that it might be available on the website version of the article, but it seems shortsighted of the developers to not provide that access in the app. Overall, it does what it supposed to do.