This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
One of Apple's Favorite "Great Free iPhone Apps"
The ultimate NPR experience for your iPhone or iPod Touch. Follow local and national news and listen to your favorite NPR stations wherever you are and whenever you want to.
With the NPR News iPhone app, NPR is always on.
- Listen to NPR’s hourly news updates
- Create a playlist of stories
- Hear public radio podcasts on demand
- Read stories while listening to live stations or on demand audio
- Bookmark your favorite stations
- Find stations by location (GPS) or zip code
- Our program guide tells you where your favorite programs are playing live now
- Listen to Morning Edition, All Things Considered, Planet Money, Fresh Air, Wait Wait…Don’t Tell Me! and more – anytime, anywhere
Thank you, as always, for supporting public radio.
What's New in Version 3.9.15
Two big fixes in this release:
- Push Notifications – We fixed a pesky issue that was preventing some users from receiving push notifications despite opting into them. If you still don't receive push notifications after this update and have confirmed they are turned on, we recommend you uninstall and reinstall the app
- Programs are Back! - We heard your feedback about removing shows and programs, so we've brought all the shows back (and added a few new ones) while we continue to work on improving NPR One. Also, don't worry - we have no plans to retire this app, and are actually working on some exciting new updates
This is the NPR application I remember from the past that served me all the content I wanted whether it be daily news stories from many subjects, features of interesting topics or observations of the unique realities of our daily lives. While over the past few years NPR has had several applications that where limited or didn't work properly. This version of NPR News is neither limited and it works properly. It is also easy to browse for articles as well as seeking out audio to listen to. Both stories and audio can be saved to read or listen to later. I recommend this as the best NPR application for people to download as you get everything which makes National Public Radio great to read and listen to.
I have been extremely disappointed in the fact that Nazi type ideology and extreme bigotry has been aloud to fester under the dirty sheets of Americas beautiful lands, and brought to the lime light through non-action from our leaders. As a white man, with a grandfather who fought the Nazi's in WWII, it disgusts me! I have to say that NPR has been a calming embrace with, in my opinion, the worlds most objective, rational and responsible journalists and stories. Their is much anger growing in me about our current political/racial discord that it has been my wife and close family (the ones with the same shared human right core values) and NPR who have helped me see where it is that I can help, constructively, and still protest, peacefully. Thank you NPR!
Thank You for continuing this app!
I have tried to like NPR One but I don't. I never can get what I want on it and figuring out how the UI works drives me nuts. If it is not intuitive, it is not a good UI.
At least this app makes sense and things are easy to find. I wish there was a favorites button(s) to shorten the drill down. I love to use what they call "radio" buttons - one push gets you to where you want to go. The best are clearly labeled for idiots like me. Developers, Think about how to use those buttons like presets on old car radios, where one press plays your favorite stations' streams. Ask an old person what they were. Thanks again for keeping this sap going.