By National Park Service
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Discover Boston National Historical Park, home of the Freedom Trail®, and Boston African American National Historic Site, home of the Black Heritage Trail®, with this official National Park Service app. See the premier historic sites associated with the colonial struggle for independence and the birth and growth of the nation.
On your next visit to Boston, use it to explore many of the most important cultural and historical sites in the United States— Old South Meeting House, Old State House, Faneuil Hall, Old North Church, Paul Revere House, Bunker Hill Monument, Bunker Hill Museum, Dorchester Heights, and the Charlestown Navy Yard including USS Constitution, the USS Constitution Museum, and USS Cassin Young. Every site along Boston’s Freedom Trail® is featured.
Boston African American National Historic Site is comprised of the largest area of pre-Civil War black owned structures in the U.S. Learn about the homes, businesses, schools, and churches of a thriving black community that, in the face of great opposition, fought the forces of slavery and inequality.
- Check out historic sites and events with text, audio, images, and video.
- Choose thematic tours, staff picks, or build your own tour.
- Explore the official National Park Service map of Boston that includes large font sizes, easy to distinguish walkways, and dimensional buildings.
- By tapping the “Locate me” icon you will always know where you are.
- Walking directions – Get from one place to another by following a line on the map or a list of directions. Estimated walking times are given.
- Discover alternative modes of transportation.
- Today's Events will let you know about ranger programs, walks, and events that are happening today.
- Accessibility – Audio described images combined with the built-in iOS accessibility features let all visitors experience the historic sites.
- Find other national parks and historic sites in the region and across the country.
What's New in Version 1.2
More ways to discover Boston! Today's Events updated, Interface updates, and bug fixes - not the kind of bugs you might find in the park, but the kind you find in your phone.
Boston history made easy and inexpensive
We loved using the NPS app because the directions were accurate, contained stories of characters from the period and helpful hints on how to break into more than one day. We will use it again to finish freedom trail upon our return
Great planning tool!
We haven't been to Boston yet, so I can't speak to the accuracy of the information given, but there is a lot of it and the ability to plan our own itinerary is wonderful! I love the NPS anyway, and this app reminds me why- thanks for making our parks great!
App Doesn't Function
App will not open on my iPhone 6s. I tried using just cellular data instead of wifi (tried opening with wifi first), even restarted my phone. Nothing worked. App is useless.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Dec 08, 2015
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 32.1 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: National Park Service
- © National Park Service
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.