By National Park Service
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Discover Boston National Historical Park, home of the Freedom Trail®, and Boston African American National Historic Site, home of the Black Heritage Trail®, with this official National Park Service app. See the premier historic sites associated with the colonial struggle for independence and the birth and growth of the nation.
On your next visit to Boston, use it to explore many of the most important cultural and historical sites in the United States— Old South Meeting House, Old State House, Faneuil Hall, Old North Church, Paul Revere House, Bunker Hill Monument, Bunker Hill Museum, Dorchester Heights, and the Charlestown Navy Yard including USS Constitution, the USS Constitution Museum, and USS Cassin Young. Every site along Boston’s Freedom Trail® is featured.
Boston African American National Historic Site is comprised of the largest area of pre-Civil War black owned structures in the U.S. Learn about the homes, businesses, schools, and churches of a thriving black community that, in the face of great opposition, fought the forces of slavery and inequality.
- Check out historic sites and events with text, audio, images, and video.
- Choose thematic tours, staff picks, or build your own tour.
- Explore the official National Park Service map of Boston that includes large font sizes, easy to distinguish walkways, and dimensional buildings.
- By tapping the “Locate me” icon you will always know where you are.
- Walking directions – Get from one place to another by following a line on the map or a list of directions. Estimated walking times are given.
- Discover alternative modes of transportation.
- Accessibility – Audio described images combined with the built-in iOS accessibility features let all visitors experience the historic sites.
- Find other national parks and historic sites in the region and across the country.
What's New in Version 1.1
* Formatted for the iPhone 5 screen
* Other minor updates
I'm over the political correctness!! So many nationalities, colors and sexes fought and gave their lives to give US the freedom we all take so much for granted. Disgusting how this app focuses so much attention to some but not all (ex Bunker Hill ). When are we as AMERICANS going to let go of the previous family heritage ( Italian American, African America, Irish American, Asian American, Latin American) I'm Native American/ Irish Decent and I have NEVER called myself "Irish / Native American". I have had family who have fought, died, sacrificed, forced off of land, cheap labor and were segregated for this great country yet we constantly separate ourselves. When is enough, enough? You want equality yet constantly separate. Fix it
I paid $3 for a paper map?!?!
This app has everything you need to explore the Freedom Trail in Boston and it is free! The map we bought for $3 before I found this has half the information. Nice work NPS!
Wow. Looks amazing. Can't wait to try this.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Sep 19, 2013
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 28.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: National Park Service
- © National Park Service
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.