NPS Golden Gate National Recreation Area
By National Park Service
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get out and experience the Golden Gate National Recreation Area like never before. The NPS Golden Gate app is designed to tailor your park visit according to your interests and time. Make an itinerary that includes a walk through the redwoods at Muir Woods, a visit to the historic Presidio or a trip to the Mori Point frog ponds. Or, anywhere else you want!
The app features:
- An interactive map that shows useful information such as trailheads and visitor centers, in addition to park highlights in the San Francisco, Marin and San Mateo counties. Locate yourself on the map using GPS and zoom in and out.
- Pinpoints that reveal hidden stories of people, places and events of today and yesterday
- An Explore tab that organizes the park based on popular destinations, provocative themes and types of activities
- Ready-made walking tours that guide you through a series of scenic and intriguing places
- A postcard selfie feature so you can frame and capture that perfect park moment and share it with family and friends
- Up to date info on events and ranger-led programs in the park
- Capabilities for people with vision disabilities that include audio described sites, waysides signs and alternative text for images
App includes information and interpretation on the following popular destinations in Golden Gate National Recreation Area:
Muir Woods National Monument
Fort Point National Historic Site
The Presidio of San Francisco
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 1.13.1
- Resolved an issue that affected caching images for offline use
- Resolved issues affecting map thumbnails
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Oct 06, 2016
- Version: 1.13.1
- Size: 32.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: National Park Service
- © United States Government Work
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.