By ESCAPE VELOCITY LIMITED
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** Brought to you by the team behind the internationally acclaimed educational star gazing app - Star Chart ***
Dare you enter the quantum world of Nuclear? Where things are not just stranger than you might imagine, but stranger than you can imagine! Witness the interplay of energies and physics at the tiniest of scales as you learn to play, discover and explore the chemical elements at the atomic level.
Nuclear is a high tech educational application that dynamically models an interactive atom in a beautiful and intuitive way. In Nuclear, you get to build all the elements of the periodic table via a simple mechanic of adding and subtracting the atomic building blocks of neutrons, protons and electrons. The goal of the app is to let you learn about each of the elements of the periodic table by constructing a stable version of that element. Once a stable element has been created, it is unlocked in the periodic table. Can you create and unlock them all?
This app has been designed for all types of users: from children interested in learning through play about what matter is made of and how it works, to teachers looking for an intuitive and exciting way to help educate others on chemical elements.
Nuclear lets you:
* Learn about the atom through this stunning 3D visualisation.
* Explore the effects of manipulating matter at the atomic level.
* Add or subtract protons, electrons or neutrons to create virtually any base chemical element.
* Create and watch as unstable isotopes decay into more stable elements.
* Through tactile exploration grasp an understanding of what we and everything around us is made of.
- Please note the initial app allows you to create and unlock the first 54 elements for free. The remaining elements can be unlocked via a small in-app purchase.
Nuclear is continually being developed, so please feel free to let us know your thoughts and feedback. We will endeavour to expand and improve Nuclear, incorporating customer feedback wherever possible. Contact us at: Nuclear@EscapistGames.com
Don't forget to check out our other great Educational App - Star Chart.
What's New in Version 3.0
-Added a new mode which visualises the atom with our take on the Rutherford-Bohr model of the atom. Provides a clearer representation of the electron shell atomic structure.
-Improved visualisation of the protons and neutrons in the nucleus.
- Enhanced visuals and performance across the board.
- Two new upgrades available: 'Discover Your Table' and 'Discover All'.
- Various Bug fixes
Excellent graphics, great learning aid, and the explosions are fun!
Why put nonsense games on your phone for your kids, when you can put this app & Star Chart on it & add some inadvertent education when they get their screen time?
With modern tech offering so many options to consume your time (and money) with nothing to show for it but the passage of time, it's really satisfying when your elementary-age kid comes up to you & asks for your phone to play Nuclear or Star Chart, especially when other electronic gaming options are around for them. (on Mom's phone, even)
Future enhancements to think about:
• have the decay "explosions" reflect some relative, approximate amount of binding energy released. (Currently all decays look pretty much the same.)
• I don't know how this works, but presently you can add electrons to an isotope until the cows come home (or until it decays.)
• I think it would be interesting to see some indication of effort needed to add each additional partial. (Ideally, the user would have to >exert< a relative amount of energy appropriate & proportionate to the addition, but I have no idea how this could be implemented.). For an indication of energy consumed to add a particulate, I'd suggest some spectrum/thermometer bar indicator deftly harmonized into the display.
Great use of Tech!
This app is super cool! I love the high definition graphics and interactive nature! This is a great app to use in my classroom to teach my students about the periodic table. Students add protons, neutrons, and electrons to make the different elements on the periodic table. As they create these elements the app instructs them about how elements are created and demonstrates what happens if elements become unbalanced. As the participant creates the element it is placed on the periodic table. Participants unlock each element as they build it! The free version only allows you to create the first 56 elements, but it would be a great buy for anyone using this app for science instruction/learning. After the element is created it also gives you characteristics and info about the element. Great science find!!
Magnificent, in every sense of the word!
Anyone looking into this application should note that there is no other app like it. There is Atom in a Box, but it charges two dollars for not even half of the functionality that this application has. But even if there were apps of the same type, Nuclear is of the highest caliber, giving a detailed, interactive look at atomic structure. Truly one of the best apps ever created!
- Category: Education
- Updated: Mar 20, 2013
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 2.3 MB
- Languages: English, German, Japanese
- Seller: ESCAPE VELOCITY LIMITED
- © Escape Velocity
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Build All Elements$2.99
- Discover All$4.99
- Discover Your Table$2.99