Number Pieces, by the Math Learning Center
By Clarity Innovations
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Number Pieces helps students develop a deeper understanding of place value while building their computation skills with multi-digit numbers. Students use the number pieces to represent multi-digit numbers, regroup, add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
Note: Number Pieces Basic, a simplified version of Number Pieces, is also available in the App Store. Number Pieces Basic is designed for primary students. It has fewer features, putting greater focus on place value, counting, addition, and subtraction.
• Add and manipulate pieces (ones, tens, and hundreds).
• Join pieces in groups of ten or break them apart (e.g., 10 ones into 1 ten and vice versa).
• Use the expanding edge piece like a measuring tape to show the dimensions of arrays created with the pieces.
• Choose from three different colors to clearly identify groups or pieces.
• Move, rotate, and duplicate pieces individually or as a group.
• Use the drawing tools to label representations and show understanding.
• Write equations and expressions with the text tool.
• Zoom and scroll to work with larger collections of pieces.
For more Number Pieces resources and other apps, visit:
To learn about Bridges in Mathematics, an elementary curriculum that employs visual models like number pieces, visit:
This resource is brought to you by The Math Learning Center, a nonprofit organization dedicated to K-12 education since 1976.
Number Pieces Basic was made possible by a generous donation from Dr. David Moursund.
This app was crafted by Clarity Innovations. We help improve teaching and learning by creating solutions that match promising technologies with the needs of education.
Visit us: www.clarity-innovations.com
What's New in Version 3.1.3
New features added to the math text tool:
• When fractions are created using the text tool, they are automatically converted to the stacked fraction format.
• More symbols for writing equations and expressions.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jan 19, 2017
- Version: 3.1.3
- Size: 3.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Clarity Innovations, Inc.
- © 2017 The Math Learning Center
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.