Numbers is the most innovative spreadsheet app ever designed for a mobile device. Created exclusively for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, Numbers includes support for Multi-Touch gestures and Smart Zoom so you can create powerful spreadsheets using just your fingers.
Start with one of over 30 Apple-designed templates for your home budget, checklist, invoice, mortgage calculator, and more. Choose from over 250 powerful functions. Draw and write with Apple Pencil on supported devices, or use your finger. Tap to add tables, charts, text, and images anywhere on the free-form canvas. Touch and drag your finger to reorder columns and rows and to resize tables. Double-tap a cell to bring up the intelligent keyboard that helps you enter text, formulas, dates and times, or duration. Animate your data with interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts. And with an all-new calculation engine, Numbers is faster than ever before.
With iCloud built in, your spreadsheets are kept up to date across all your devices. And with real-time collaboration, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch — even on a PC using iWork for iCloud.
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a spreadsheet at the same time
• Collaboration is built right in to Numbers on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
• PC users can collaborate too, using Numbers for iCloud
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
• Available on spreadsheets stored in iCloud or in Box
Get started quickly
• Over 30 Apple-designed templates give your spreadsheets a beautiful start
• Double-tap a cell to access the intelligent keyboard to add text, formulas, dates and times, and more
• New action menu keeps most common tasks one tap away
• Reorder columns and rows, and resize tables, with a touch and a drag
• Import and edit Microsoft Excel and CSV files
• Quickly open password-protected spreadsheets using Touch ID or Face ID on supported devices
• Place tables, charts, text, and images anywhere on the free-form canvas
• Update tables, charts, text, and images using beautiful preset styles
• Use donut charts to visualize data in an engaging new way
• Add an interactive image gallery to view a collection of photos
• Insert photos and video with the Media Browser
• Enhance your spreadsheets with a library of over 700 editable shapes
• Create a form to quickly enter data on the go
Everything adds up. Beautifully
• Choose from over 250 powerful functions
• Get built-in help and sample formulas for each function
• Use Smart Categories to see your data in a whole new way
• Quickly organize and summarize tables to gain new insights
• Sort columns in ascending or descending order
• Hide or unhide rows and columns
• Insert gorgeous 2D and 3D charts
• Animate data with new interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts
• Change values in cells using sliders, steppers, checkboxes, pop-ups, and star ratings
• Easily add stock information to spreadsheets
• Turn on iCloud so you can access and edit your spreadsheets from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your spreadsheets from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Numbers for iCloud
• Numbers automatically saves your spreadsheets as you make changes
Share a copy of your work
• Use AirDrop to send your spreadsheet to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Export your spreadsheet to CSV, PDF, and Microsoft Excel
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
This update contains stability and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Solid Program, but Needs ‘Create Template’ Function
This is the first version of Numbers I’ve used, so I can’t say I feel thrown off by the most recent update (seems other users have been, though the functions mentioned in their comments are ones I was able to find and use in this latest version—function layout must have dramatically changed). I was able to Google my way through finding the functions I wanted for a basic speadsheet involving dollars, dates, checklist, adding/deleting columns/rows, changing column width, etc. Everything worked seamlessly! The one disappointment is when I Googled how to create my own template, I found this is not an option when using the app. One has to create the template using the Mac version of Numbers, add the template, and then access it from the app. I don’t have a Mac, so... Despite the great variety of templates and being able to find one that was close to what I wanted, it would be nice to be able to create my own so I don’t have to tweak the template every time I want a new spreadsheet. There might be some work-around I haven’t figured out yet, but until then, it seems I’m out what could be a really great feature—creating my own template.
I want it practical.
I have found that if I put in “9:00 PM” it will put either “date, 9:00, PM” or “21:00.” No. No. No. As it turns out, my family and friends do NOT use a 24 hour clock, we use a good old fashioned “1 means 1, 3 means 3” clock. NOT a “13 means 1, 15 means 3” clock. So doing a 24 hour clock (“15 means 3” type clock) is not only annoying, but also impractical. We do not need 3 keyboards for one cell (just one, the NORMAL ONE in case you were wondering), neither do we also need the date.
I have personally tried to do a weekly planner that is rather flexible and consistent, so what I put down will be good for the next week and Mayb the week after that as well. SPECIFIC DATES RUIN THAT! I don’t care if u call it an “update.” When you made it so it adds the date or converts the time (no matter HOW MANY TIME U CORRECT IT) all you did was ruin a perfectly good app. I’m sorry not sorry, but you need to either re-update it properly (as in, take out all the things (like the time converting) that make the user want to chuck their device at the wall), or make a new app and NOT ADD ON TO IT ONCE ITS DONE AND PRACTICAL. When you (the programmers, the designers, whatever you want to call yourselves) get bored, you tinker. You add on. You ruin your apps.
Baffled, but a call to Applecare resolved every question
I had a very particular set of parameters and needs, and undoubtedly everyone feels that way. Couldn’t figure out which template to use. Finally I went to the Apple website and in minutes, although it was late in the evening, I had an tech support expert on the phone. He collaborated with me to help us both figure out what I needed. That wonderful share screen feature allowed him to guide me through the drop-down menu and explain the little operations that most people know by now but I usually find mystifying on my own. It was terrific. I have a best spreadsheet going now. I’m using it. Combination of text and space for my notes, and a series of calendar dates that I find really useful. I think this guy kind of saved my business. Anyway two thumbs up for this software that, if even amateurs like me can use, And the nifty free human service Apple provides us with, first-rate tech-support.
- Apple Inc.
- 499.6 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010 - 2019 Apple Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.