Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Numbers is the most innovative spreadsheet app ever designed for a mobile device. Created exclusively for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, Numbers includes support for Multi-Touch gestures and Smart Zoom so you can create powerful spreadsheets using just your fingers.
Start with one of over 30 Apple-designed templates for your home budget, checklist, invoice, mortgage calculator, and more. Choose from over 250 powerful functions. Tap to add tables, charts, text, and images anywhere on the free-form canvas. Touch and drag your finger to reorder columns and rows and to resize tables. Double-tap a cell to bring up the intelligent keyboard that helps you enter text, formulas, dates and times, or duration. Animate your data with interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts. And with an all-new calculation engine, Numbers is faster than ever before.
With iCloud built in, your spreadsheets are kept up to date across all your devices. You can instantly share a spreadsheet using just a link, giving others the latest version and the ability to edit it directly with Numbers for iCloud beta from www.icloud.com using a Mac or PC browser.
And with a new unified file format across the Mac, iOS, and the web, your spreadsheets are consistently beautiful everywhere you open them.
Get started quickly
• Stunning new user interface designed to match iOS 7
• Over 30 Apple-designed templates give your spreadsheets a beautiful start
• Double-tap a cell to access the intelligent keyboard to add text, formulas, dates and times, and more
• Numbers is faster than ever before, with an all-new calculation engine
• Reorder columns and rows, and resize tables, with a touch and a drag
• Import and edit Microsoft Excel and CSV files using Mail, a WebDAV service, or iTunes File Sharing
• Turn on Coaching Tips for guided in-app help
• Place tables, charts, text, and images anywhere on the free-form canvas
• Update tables, charts, text, and images using beautiful preset styles
• Insert photos and video with the Media Browser
• Create a form to quickly enter data on the go
• Edit down to the pixel with rulers, alignment guides, and powerful graphics tools
• Choose from over 250 powerful functions
• Get built-in help and sample formulas for each function
• Sort columns in ascending or descending order
• Hide or unhide rows and columns
• Turn filters on and off in imported spreadsheets
• Insert gorgeous 2D and 3D charts
• Animate data with new interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts
• Change values in cells using sliders, steppers, checkboxes, pop-ups, and star ratings
• Use Undo to go back through your previous changes
• Turn on iCloud so you can access and edit your spreadsheets from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your spreadsheets from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Numbers for iCloud beta
• Numbers automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share your work
• Use AirDrop to send your spreadsheet to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Anyone with a shared document link will always have access to the latest version of the spreadsheet and can edit it with you at iCloud.com with Numbers for iCloud beta
• Export your spreadsheet to CSV, PDF, and Microsoft Excel
• Use “Open in Another App” to copy spreadsheets to apps such as Dropbox
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including a single tab, or all tabs
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Numbers does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
Numbers for iCloud beta is currently available in English only.
What's New in Version 2.5.2
This update contains stability improvements and bug fixes.
I really like this app so far. Love the idea and a lot of functionality is there. I'm an Excel junkie who's been slow to convert after testing several other knock offs, and this is the first worth using. For the most part, it is an easy interface that is similar to excel but better. Here's what has annoyed me that I would like to see in an update: the ability to sort and organize the spreadsheet files, need filter capability on the columns, selecting a whole column or a whole row should be easier (ipad mini's smaller screen makes it difficult to tap in just the right spot), same with adding new columns or rows to the right or bottom (inserting new is easy), when the file is reopened the focus should be on the same place you left instead of always back to first row first column view. Overall this is a great app, but it certainly needs some more development. Luckily, it has not crashed on me or lost a file on me (fingers crossed)
IT is a shame that for an app that Apple classifies as an "essential" App that it is so buggy. It is also very frustrating when a productivity app fails to work properly and even downright ridiculous when a productivity app inexplicably and consistently deletes documents and fails to sync to icloud.
I am becoming more and more convinced that in these last few years Apple is in over their heads. Their products that really did "just work" now are a convoluted mess that they cannot seem to get quite right. IF you want to make spreadsheets and intend to have the ability to save them and use them after you create them, then look elsewhere. This app will delete your work for no reason. Apple, please get your act together. Before you release new hardware like a watch that won't help me get real work done, please fix what you have started. Your current software remains broken and unfinished.
Responding to the recent review complaining about the undo button:
If you press and hold the undo button, the redo option appears which by tapping you can reverse the undo button's last action.
I've used Numbers over 3 years and created over 100 spreadsheets many in the form of workbooks divided into tabs for individual worksheets.
It is the most powerful and intuitive software I've ever used.
Negative views expressed in other reviews I believe are mainly by people who opened Numbers, played around 15 or 20 minutes and then, because the interface is different from what they had used before, then gave up and criticized the program because they didn't understand what it could do for them
Numbers is amazingly powerful, elegant in its efficiency and delightful to use. But it is a new way to build and update spreadsheets. It takes some time to learn but the return on investment makes the effort more than worthwhile.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 08, 2015
- Version: 2.5.2
- Size: 243 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2010 - 2015 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.