Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Numbers is the most innovative spreadsheet app ever designed for a mobile device. Created exclusively for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, Numbers includes support for Multi-Touch gestures and Smart Zoom so you can create powerful spreadsheets using just your fingers.
Start with one of over 30 Apple-designed templates for your home budget, checklist, invoice, mortgage calculator, and more. Choose from over 250 powerful functions. Tap to add tables, charts, text, and images anywhere on the free-form canvas. Touch and drag your finger to reorder columns and rows and to resize tables. Double-tap a cell to bring up the intelligent keyboard that helps you enter text, formulas, dates and times, or duration. Animate your data with interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts. And with an all-new calculation engine, Numbers is faster than ever before.
With iCloud built in, your spreadsheets are kept up to date across all your devices. You can instantly share a spreadsheet using just a link, giving others the latest version and the ability to edit it directly with Numbers for iCloud beta from www.icloud.com using a Mac or PC browser.
And with a new unified file format across the Mac, iOS, and the web, your spreadsheets are consistently beautiful everywhere you open them.
Get started quickly
• Stunning new user interface designed to match iOS 7
• Over 30 Apple-designed templates give your spreadsheets a beautiful start
• Double-tap a cell to access the intelligent keyboard to add text, formulas, dates and times, and more
• Numbers is faster than ever before, with an all-new calculation engine
• Reorder columns and rows, and resize tables, with a touch and a drag
• Import and edit Microsoft Excel and CSV files using Mail, a WebDAV service, or iTunes File Sharing
• Turn on Coaching Tips for guided in-app help
• Place tables, charts, text, and images anywhere on the free-form canvas
• Update tables, charts, text, and images using beautiful preset styles
• Insert photos and video with the Media Browser
• Create a form to quickly enter data on the go
• Edit down to the pixel with rulers, alignment guides, and powerful graphics tools
• Choose from over 250 powerful functions
• Get built-in help and sample formulas for each function
• Sort columns in ascending or descending order
• Hide or unhide rows and columns
• Turn filters on and off in imported spreadsheets
• Insert gorgeous 2D and 3D charts
• Animate data with new interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts
• Change values in cells using sliders, steppers, checkboxes, pop-ups, and star ratings
• Use Undo to go back through your previous changes
• Turn on iCloud so you can access and edit your spreadsheets from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your spreadsheets from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Numbers for iCloud beta
• Numbers automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share your work
• Use AirDrop to send your spreadsheet to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Anyone with a shared document link will always have access to the latest version of the spreadsheet and can edit it with you at iCloud.com with Numbers for iCloud beta
• Export your spreadsheet to CSV, PDF, and Microsoft Excel
• Use “Open in Another App” to copy spreadsheets to apps such as Dropbox
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including a single tab, or all tabs
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Numbers does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
Numbers for iCloud beta is currently available in English only.
What's New in Version 2.5.3
This update contains stability improvements and bug fixes.
Poor conflict resolutions and collaboration features
When I heard about iCloud drive, I was expecting to see seamless document sharing across multiple devices and multiple people being able to edit different part of the same file, etc, something like Google docs or even better. But in reality, this is a disappointment... It keeps asking me which version to keep when I make a modification on a different device, then I have to pick the one from the one I was working on and redo all the changes. The other day, I Air Dropped a document link to my wife's iPhone so she can add some stuff. It was surprising she had to download it and work on a separate copy, which means I have to figure out and merge the differences... Too sad to see Apple losing its "simplicity" power...
Deleted Data File in the First Use from Different Device
Created a Numbers spreadsheet from iPad (somewhat clunky user interface, could not easily switch from “numbers” to “text” entry in most cells, but ultimately made to “work”), stored in iCloud. Then installed Numbers in iPhone this morning, accessed the same aforementioned spreadsheet. Low and behold, I suddenly see two (2) copies of the same spreadsheet on my iPhone. Opened them up, and the contents are identical. Trashed one copy, and low and behold again, BOTH copies (including the one saved on iCloud via iPad) were deleted. All the work put into creating the first copy was wasted. Forget about “prime time” or “professional” use, the iOS Numbers app does not appear ready for even “casual,” “basic” use.
Editing cells is painful
If you follow the directions, double tap the cell, get a keyboard. But, it's just the keyboard, missing the special widget that floats above the keyboard with the cell's content and a few buttons to switch the keyboard type, done, and cancel.
When the app is first opened, dealing with this is particularly difficult. More on this later. Generally, one can hit the front button to put the app in the background; then double press the button to resume numbers. The missing widget will come back so that the cell can be edited.
The first time is the tricky one. Find a cell that wants to be a formula, double tap, switch the keyboard to text. Tap done, adding "" to the cell. Then use the method above to resume the app with the edit widget.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 21, 2015
- Version: 2.5.3
- Size: 245 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2010 - 2015 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.