Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Numbers is the most innovative spreadsheet app ever designed for a mobile device. Created exclusively for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, Numbers includes support for Multi-Touch gestures and Smart Zoom so you can create powerful spreadsheets using just your fingers.
Start with one of over 30 Apple-designed templates for your home budget, checklist, invoice, mortgage calculator, and more. Choose from over 250 powerful functions. Tap to add tables, charts, text, and images anywhere on the free-form canvas. Touch and drag your finger to reorder columns and rows and to resize tables. Double-tap a cell to bring up the intelligent keyboard that helps you enter text, formulas, dates and times, or duration. Animate your data with interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts. And with an all-new calculation engine, Numbers is faster than ever before.
With iCloud built in, your spreadsheets are kept up to date across all your devices. You can instantly share a spreadsheet using just a link, giving others the latest version and the ability to edit it directly with Numbers for iCloud beta from www.icloud.com using a Mac or PC browser.
And with a new unified file format across the Mac, iOS, and the web, your spreadsheets are consistently beautiful everywhere you open them.
Get started quickly
• Stunning new user interface designed to match iOS 7
• Over 30 Apple-designed templates give your spreadsheets a beautiful start
• Double-tap a cell to access the intelligent keyboard to add text, formulas, dates and times, and more
• Numbers is faster than ever before, with an all-new calculation engine
• Reorder columns and rows, and resize tables, with a touch and a drag
• Import and edit Microsoft Excel and CSV files using Mail, a WebDAV service, or iTunes File Sharing
• Turn on Coaching Tips for guided in-app help
• Place tables, charts, text, and images anywhere on the free-form canvas
• Update tables, charts, text, and images using beautiful preset styles
• Insert photos and video with the Media Browser
• Create a form to quickly enter data on the go
• Edit down to the pixel with rulers, alignment guides, and powerful graphics tools
• Choose from over 250 powerful functions
• Get built-in help and sample formulas for each function
• Sort columns in ascending or descending order
• Hide or unhide rows and columns
• Turn filters on and off in imported spreadsheets
• Insert gorgeous 2D and 3D charts
• Animate data with new interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts
• Change values in cells using sliders, steppers, checkboxes, pop-ups, and star ratings
• Use Undo to go back through your previous changes
• Turn on iCloud so you can access and edit your spreadsheets from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your spreadsheets from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Numbers for iCloud beta
• Numbers automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share your work
• Use AirDrop to send your spreadsheet to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Anyone with a shared document link will always have access to the latest version of the spreadsheet and can edit it with you at iCloud.com with Numbers for iCloud beta
• Export your spreadsheet to CSV, PDF, and Microsoft Excel
• Use “Open in Another App” to copy spreadsheets to apps such as Dropbox
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including a single tab, or all tabs
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Numbers does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
Numbers for iCloud beta is currently available in English only.
What's New in Version 2.1
• Edit spreadsheets in landscape orientation on iPhone and iPod touch
• Chart date and duration values
• Share password-protected documents via iCloud link
• Export password-protected spreadsheets to XLSX format
• Improved compatibility with Microsoft Excel 2013 spreadsheets
• Custom number formats in charts are preserved on import of Numbers ’09 and Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
• Bug fixes and stability improvements
Elegant, Intuitive & Powerful
The latest version of Numbers & Pages includes the ability to include password protection under the symbol for tools.
Numbers is amazingly powerful, elegant in its efficiency and delightful to use. But it is a new way to build and update spreadsheets. It takes some time to learn but the return on investment makes the effort more than worthwhile.
Reading the majority of opinions here a person could think Numbers is a junk program. What's junk is 80 percent of the negative opinions written by people who I believe spent a hour or less learning Numbers and then gave up.
These critics have no idea what a wonderful new way of organizing data that they'll be missing!
At first I too found the touch-oriented Numbers interface on my iPad difficult to understand in comparison to the Excel spreadsheets I already knew how to do. One weekend over 2 years ago I spent some extra hours learning and adapting to Numbers. I was soon surprised by the power and elegance of the program. Now I use Numbers daily for purposes ranging from monitoring health and exercise to finances and projects.
Numbers is more natural and more efficient to use by far than Excel. Excel is bloated and is far less fun to use.
Update to my review, Apple contacted me regarding my issues, which was leftover content on my paste board from before the update causing the app to crash. After clearing out the pasteboard the app is function normally.
Once again great app and great support!!!
This is a great app and I was excited about the ability to edit spreadsheets on my iPhone in landscape mode but after the update Numbers crashes every few seconds on both my iPad and iPhone. I've tried restarting the device and even re-downloading the app but it still keeps crashing. Please release a fix ASAP as I use Numbers daily
Like but not love.
I like how Numbers is very touch screen friendly. Compared to excel: excel is still way better, but since excel is not really available for iPad, Numbers is useful because you can export to excel. I do like the variety of Templates this app comes with, but I wish there was an easy option for more. I do not want to pay for templates that I am just going to have to edit to fit my purposes, and creating new templates from scratch is a very tedious process. My number one complaint though is the lack of color options. There are colors to chose from but they are not very customizable and are usually too saturated for background color options. I would prefer a gradient scale to chose my own colors.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 23, 2014
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 234 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2010 - 2014 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.