Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Create gorgeous spreadsheets with the all-new Numbers for Mac. Get started with one of many Apple-designed templates for your home budget, checklist, invoice, mortgage calculator, and more. Add tables, charts, text, and images anywhere on the free-form canvas. As soon as you start typing a formula, you'll get instant suggestions and built-in help for the over 250 powerful functions. Animate your data with new interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts. Easily filter through large tables. Automatically format cells based on numbers, text, dates, and durations with new conditional highlighting. And with an all-new calculation engine, Numbers is faster than ever before.
With iCloud, your spreadsheets are kept up to date across all your devices. You can instantly share a spreadsheet using just a link, giving others the latest version and the ability to edit it directly with Numbers for iCloud from www.icloud.com using a Mac or PC browser. And with a new unified file format across Mac, iOS, and web, your spreadsheets are consistently beautiful everywhere you open them.
Get started quickly
• Over 30 Apple-designed templates give your spreadsheets a beautiful start
• Simplified toolbar gives you quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts, and sharing options
• The new Format Panel automatically updates based on selection
• Quickly click through a spreadsheet using new tab navigation
• Import and edit Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
• Import and edit Comma Separated Values (CSV) and tab-delimited text
• Turn on Coaching Tips for guided in-app help
• An all-new calculation engine makes Numbers faster than ever before
• Place tables, charts, text, and images anywhere on the free-form canvas
• Add and resize multiple tables on a single sheet
• Create great-looking tables with enhanced cell border styling tools
• Use gorgeous preset styles to make your text, tables, shapes, and images look beautiful
• Insert photos, music, and video with the Media Browser
• Edit down to the pixel with rulers, alignment guides, and powerful graphics tools
Formulas for everyone
• Choose from over 250 powerful functions
• Get function suggestions as soon as you start typing a formula
• Search the integrated function browser for built-in help and sample formulas
• Get live formula results, error checking, exact value, and cell format with the new smart cell view
• Add your favorite functions to Quick Calculations for instant results
• Seamless integration with MathType* for inserting equations
• Insert gorgeous 2D and 3D charts
• Animate data with new interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts
• Automatically highlight cells based on rules for numbers, text, dates, and durations
• Easily filter through large tables
• Change values in cells using sliders, steppers, checkboxes, pop-ups, and star ratings
• Turn on iCloud so you can access and edit your spreadsheets from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your spreadsheets from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Numbers for iCloud
• Numbers automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share your work
• Use AirDrop to send your spreadsheet to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Anyone with the link will always have access to the latest version of the spreadsheet and can edit it with you at iCloud.com using Numbers for iCloud
• Export your spreadsheet to CSV, PDF, and Microsoft Excel format
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including a single tab, or all tabs
* MathType sold separately.
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Numbers does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
What's New in Version 3.6.1
• Resolves an issue where some Microsoft Excel spreadsheets would not open
• Additional bug fixes
• Stability and performance improvements
Other recent improvements:
• Multitask while editing using new Split View in El Capitan
• Open Numbers ’08 spreadsheets
• Shared Numbers spreadsheets can now be previewed on iOS and Android browsers
• Force click images and get haptic feedback as you edit using Force Touch trackpad
• New Apple-designed templates: Simple Budget, Shared Expenses
• Easily access recently used fonts in the Fonts menu
• Enhanced support for OpenType font features like small caps, contextual fractions, alternate glyphs, and more
• View Collections, Moments, Favorites, and Shared Albums from Photos in the Media Browser
• Add reference lines to charts
• Create table, chart, and shape styles from an image
• Edit chart data and chart elements with VoiceOver
• Add and review comments with VoiceOver
Upgrade Creates a “Trust” Issue
In general, Numbers is a great idea: a spreadsheet app that leverages off the OS’s frameworks and isn’t bloatware. I don’t expect it or want it to do everything Excel does. And I understand that it’s a work-in-progress. My biggest complaint is that this version is a downgrade vs the previous version. I really do use the categories feature. By removing it and refusing to provide any indication that it ever will be restored creates a trust issue that casts a shadow on the entire iWork suite. I now have to question if anything other than the simplest of operations will be deprecated in the next downgrade and I now project this across the entire suite.
Give me back categories and I’ll love this version.
Numbers 3.6.1 GARBAGE
I was very reluctant to upgrade from OSX 10.8.5 to El Capitian, mainly because I was concerned about programs such as Numbers would operate / function.
My fears were confirmed, as this new version that came with the new OS (numbers 3.6.1) is pure garbage. Everything as far as creating, editing, formatting, all the inspector functions, all of that have changed for the worse. In my profession, I depend on reliable tools, and this new version has let me down in every way.
STOP forcing clients to upgrade, MAKE the last version available so we may “down grade” to a version that is actually made for the intelliget user. If you haven’t upgraded yet, save yourself a lot of grief and DONT UPGRADE TO EL CAPITAIN.
Can’t Open My Spreadsheets Now
I upgraded my system and now all of a sudden none of my spreadsheets will open because it says "You need a newer version of Numbers to open this spreadsheet.” So I come here to download it and it just gives me the option to “Open” but not update. I have spreadsheets I created three versions ago that won’t open now because it’s not the same version. That’s CRAP. They should all work together. Numbers needs to fix this bug ASAP because many of us who are complaining rely on our spreadsheets. Get it together and fix this Numbers!!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 11, 2015
- Version: 3.6.1
- Size: 166 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2008-2015 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.10.4 or later