Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Create gorgeous spreadsheets with Numbers for Mac. Get started with one of many Apple-designed templates for your home budget, checklist, invoice, mortgage calculator, and more. Add tables, charts, text, and images anywhere on the free-form canvas. As soon as you start typing a formula, you'll get instant suggestions and built-in help for the over 250 powerful functions. Animate your data with new interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts. Easily filter through large tables. Automatically format cells based on numbers, text, dates, and durations with new conditional highlighting. And with an all-new calculation engine, Numbers is faster than ever before.
With iCloud built in, your spreadsheets are kept up to date across all your devices. And with the release of real-time collaboration, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch — even on a PC using iWork for iCloud.
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a spreadsheet at the same time
• Collaboration is built right in to Numbers on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
• PC users can collaborate too, using Numbers for iCloud
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
Get started quickly
• Over 30 Apple-designed templates give your spreadsheets a beautiful start
• Simplified toolbar gives you quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts, and sharing options
• The new Format Panel automatically updates based on selection
• Quickly click through a spreadsheet using new tab navigation
• Import and edit Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
• Import and edit Comma Separated Values (CSV) and tab-delimited text
• Quickly open password-protected spreadsheets using Touch ID on supported Macs
• Place tables, charts, text, and images anywhere on the free-form canvas
• Add and resize multiple tables on a single sheet
• Create great-looking tables with enhanced cell border styling tools
• Use gorgeous preset styles to make your text, tables, shapes, and images look beautiful
• Insert photos, music, and video with the Media Browser
• Edit down to the pixel with rulers, alignment guides, and powerful graphics tools
Formulas for everyone
• Choose from over 250 powerful functions
• Easily add current or historical stock information to spreadsheets
• Get function suggestions as soon as you start typing a formula
• Search the integrated function browser for built-in help and sample formulas
• Get live formula results, error checking, exact value, and cell format with the new smart cell view
• Add your favorite functions to Quick Calculations for instant results
• Insert gorgeous 2D and 3D charts
• Animate data with new interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts
• Automatically highlight cells based on rules for numbers, text, dates, and durations
• Easily filter through large tables
• Change values in cells using sliders, steppers, checkboxes, pop-ups, and star ratings
• Turn on iCloud so you can access and edit your spreadsheets from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your spreadsheets from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Numbers for iCloud
• Numbers automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share a copy of your work
• Use AirDrop to send your spreadsheet to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Export your spreadsheet to CSV, PDF, and Microsoft Excel
• Use “Open in Another App” to copy spreadsheets to apps such as Dropbox
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Numbers does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
What's New in Version 4.1.1
This update contains stability and performance improvements.
Updates don’t download
Every time I open Numbers, I’m told there is an update. But the AppleStore Updates page says there are no updates for Numbers, Keynote, or Pages. However, if I search for Numbers, there is a button that says Update. I click it and the progress gear start going round and round but nothing is downloaded. The I go to this Numbers page and click the Update button and nothing downloads.
I am somewhat glad to see that I’m not the only one having this problem but I’d like to know — is there or is there not an update for Numbers on Sierra? I was able to get the update for Yosemite with no problem but nothing happens in Sierra except tell me there is an update.
the update problem
I was going to write a really angry comment to Apple because of this problem. I was having the same issue with my pages and keynotes apps as well. Very frustrating because when I need them I need them right then. Any way I went to my hard drive and found the updated apps in my application folder. I removed the older versions from the dock and put the new ones on the dock instead. I had no problem pulling up my documents in numbers this time. I just hope I remember this the next time I get a message that I need the updates. I always stay current with my updates. Hope this helps anyone with the update problems.. It worked for me
Good Update to Numbers
I recently downloaded the latest update to numbers. I was very glad to see that Apple finally added an easy to use Stock function (and a Stock spreadsheet template) to download stock quotes real time. This is great. I don’t have to mess around with difficult to use macros in other brands spreadsheets. IMHO this was long overdue and is a great addition. I can now create a stock spreadsheet on my Mac at home and then make accessable to my mobile devices through the cloud and have all of my customized inforrmation whereever I go. I will definitely be using Numbers more often now.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 25, 2017
- Version: 4.1.1
- Size: 173 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2008-2017 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: macOS 10.12 or later