Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Create gorgeous spreadsheets with Numbers for Mac. Get started with one of many Apple-designed templates for your home budget, checklist, invoice, mortgage calculator, and more. Add tables, charts, text, and images anywhere on the free-form canvas. As soon as you start typing a formula, you'll get instant suggestions and built-in help for the over 250 powerful functions. Animate your data with new interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts. Easily filter through large tables. Automatically format cells based on numbers, text, dates, and durations with new conditional highlighting. And with an all-new calculation engine, Numbers is faster than ever before.
With iCloud built in, your spreadsheets are kept up to date across all your devices. And with the release of real-time collaboration, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch — even on a PC using iWork for iCloud.
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a spreadsheet at the same time
• Collaboration is built right in to Numbers on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
• PC users can collaborate too, using Numbers for iCloud
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
Get started quickly
• Over 30 Apple-designed templates give your spreadsheets a beautiful start
• Simplified toolbar gives you quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts, and sharing options
• The new Format Panel automatically updates based on selection
• Quickly click through a spreadsheet using new tab navigation
• Import and edit Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
• Import and edit Comma Separated Values (CSV) and tab-delimited text
• Quickly open password-protected spreadsheets using Touch ID on supported Macs
• Place tables, charts, text, and images anywhere on the free-form canvas
• Add and resize multiple tables on a single sheet
• Create great-looking tables with enhanced cell border styling tools
• Use gorgeous preset styles to make your text, tables, shapes, and images look beautiful
• Insert photos, music, and video with the Media Browser
• Edit down to the pixel with rulers, alignment guides, and powerful graphics tools
Formulas for everyone
• Choose from over 250 powerful functions
• Easily add current or historical stock information to spreadsheets
• Get function suggestions as soon as you start typing a formula
• Search the integrated function browser for built-in help and sample formulas
• Get live formula results, error checking, exact value, and cell format with the new smart cell view
• Add your favorite functions to Quick Calculations for instant results
• Insert gorgeous 2D and 3D charts
• Animate data with new interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts
• Automatically highlight cells based on rules for numbers, text, dates, and durations
• Easily filter through large tables
• Change values in cells using sliders, steppers, checkboxes, pop-ups, and star ratings
• Turn on iCloud so you can access and edit your spreadsheets from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your spreadsheets from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Numbers for iCloud
• Numbers automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share a copy of your work
• Use AirDrop to send your spreadsheet to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Export your spreadsheet to CSV, PDF, and Microsoft Excel
• Use “Open in Another App” to copy spreadsheets to apps such as Dropbox
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Numbers does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
What's New in Version 4.1
• Easily add current or historical stock information to spreadsheets
• Use the new My Stocks template to easily track your portfolio
• Quickly open password-protected spreadsheets using Touch ID on the new MacBook Pro with Touch Bar
• New leader lines make pie charts easier to read
• Easily replace fonts throughout an entire spreadsheet
• While collaborating on a spreadsheet, you can now cut, copy, paste, and duplicate sheets
• Customize dates, times, and currencies for your language or region
As good as excel in 99.9% of cases. Better than excel in 99.9%
Take an inventory of all the ways that the people you work with use Excel. Numbers can do all of that. I’m an Excel wizard and I have complex workbooks I’ve spent HOURS and HOURS building. I was able to do much of the same thing on my freaking iPad with Numbers and make it easier to navigate and with better looking graphics. The formulas, while roughly the same, are a little different and I much prefer the Numbers system. I like how I can have different tables on the same page. The interface for tweaking my charts and graphs is much easier to tweak.
I use the ‘create a form’ option on my iOS device and quickly input information for data using my iphone. It is a blast and easy.
In the end, I need a place to crunch some data, spit out a report, and not take all my time doing it. Numbers does that in spades.
One reviewer called this a toy. I’m not sure this person has actually used Numbers. It is pretty sophisticated. Just because it is glossy and cuts out the 90’s visual basic look doesn’t mean that it isn’t powerful.
UPDATE CRASHES CONSISTANTLY!
I use this softwhere quit extensivly for work and had alway had good luch with it. Not happy with the update. I have 6 computers, and 8 ipads diployed in the field and with the automatic updates turned on, the last few days have been a nightmare. This new update crashes every 20 to 30 miniutes as I am in the middle of quoting my projects. I have to hit the save button every 2 or 3 minutes to avoid loosing 30 minutes of work. I does the exact same thing on all 6 of my iMac desktops, so from a test market standpoint, this update is bad. If you have the opportunity to turn off automatic updates, I highly recommend it! I sure hope they fix this crash problem quick before it costs our company money from a serious mistake from our data entry side of our business in trying to recall what is missing that we spent 30 minutes inputing. PLEASE HELP
Numbers V3, and now 4.1 SAME CRAP back.
Everytime I open the sheets, 3 or 4 at a time, in version 2 all sheets were saving their location and last cells page where I left editing it. This version throws all sheets on top of eachother in the middle of the screen in 125% mode and always in the first column and row. Which means no user screen location, cells, page and other features are being saved at exit. The designers had ‘themselves’ in mind but not customer and their daily use. If I paid for it I would seek money back, but - I would say: consider not moving into it before it’s too late. Stay with your version 3 till some fixes will come our way, if they will. Good part is - I do not crash as much as other people do.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 27, 2017
- Version: 4.1
- Size: 173 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2008-2017 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: macOS 10.12 or later