Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Create gorgeous spreadsheets with the all-new Numbers for Mac. Get started with one of many Apple-designed templates for your home budget, checklist, invoice, mortgage calculator, and more. Add tables, charts, text, and images anywhere on the free-form canvas. As soon as you start typing a formula, you'll get instant suggestions and built-in help for the over 250 powerful functions. Animate your data with new interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts. Easily filter through large tables. Automatically format cells based on numbers, text, dates, and durations with new conditional highlighting. And with an all-new calculation engine, Numbers is faster than ever before.
With iCloud built in, your spreadsheets are kept up to date across all your devices. And now with the beta release of new collaboration features, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch — even on a PC using iWork for iCloud.
Collaborate with others at the same time (beta)
• With the beta release of new collaboration features, your whole team can work together on a spreadsheet at the same time
• Collaboration is built right in to Numbers on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
• PC users can collaborate too, using Numbers for iCloud
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
Get started quickly
• Over 30 Apple-designed templates give your spreadsheets a beautiful start
• Simplified toolbar gives you quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts, and sharing options
• The new Format Panel automatically updates based on selection
• Quickly click through a spreadsheet using new tab navigation
• Import and edit Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
• Import and edit Comma Separated Values (CSV) and tab-delimited text
• An all-new calculation engine makes Numbers faster than ever before
• Place tables, charts, text, and images anywhere on the free-form canvas
• Add and resize multiple tables on a single sheet
• Create great-looking tables with enhanced cell border styling tools
• Use gorgeous preset styles to make your text, tables, shapes, and images look beautiful
• Insert photos, music, and video with the Media Browser
• Edit down to the pixel with rulers, alignment guides, and powerful graphics tools
Formulas for everyone
• Choose from over 250 powerful functions
• Get function suggestions as soon as you start typing a formula
• Search the integrated function browser for built-in help and sample formulas
• Get live formula results, error checking, exact value, and cell format with the new smart cell view
• Add your favorite functions to Quick Calculations for instant results
• Seamless integration with MathType* for inserting equations
• Insert gorgeous 2D and 3D charts
• Animate data with new interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts
• Automatically highlight cells based on rules for numbers, text, dates, and durations
• Easily filter through large tables
• Change values in cells using sliders, steppers, checkboxes, pop-ups, and star ratings
• Turn on iCloud so you can access and edit your spreadsheets from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your spreadsheets from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Numbers for iCloud
• Numbers automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share your work
• Use AirDrop to send your spreadsheet to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
* MathType sold separately.
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Numbers does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
What's New in Version 4.0.5
• Support for Touch Bar on the new MacBook Pro lets you easily edit text, shapes, tables and charts
• Stability and performance improvements
Printing/PDF layout has become almost impossible
I’ve been a fan of Numbers since version 2.0, but certain mission critical items have been sacrificed that make real life use so impractical as to force one back into Excel-land. The print dialog doesn’t so much as allow landscape layout anymore, let alone more granular control of how larger tables break over multiple pages. You have two options: print an array of sheets you’ll have to arrange and scotch tape up on a whiteboard or export a PDF of absurd dimensions which you can open in another app and print onto one page (where the text is too small to read).
When your investors say “could you print that lanscape width over a few pages for us” and the answer is “no, I can’t,” you have to wonder if you’ve made a poor decision.
Let down from ’09 version
All versions since the ’09 release have been major disappointments. I won’t bore you with the entire spiel. The short version is that ’09 was capable for most things, but now I find myself creating all new spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel despite its bloat because Numbers simply can’t handle basic spreadsheet tasks. The simplicity and elegance in the ’09 versions has been traded off for a useless creation.
Missing a pretty important aspect of data management software
It’s a pretty straightforward piece of spreadsheet software, and it is rather intuitive to use and has some rather nice output charts…
It is missing something that I has been standard in all spreadsheet software that I have worked with (up to now)…
A way to create data entry forms.
I purchased this to build a database for my work. Database was fairly simple to build. Now I would like to have a GUI for that database…
Like I could with all of my previous software.
Guess I’ll have to buy the MS suite now...
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 27, 2016
- Version: 4.0.5
- Size: 170 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2008-2016 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: macOS 10.12 or later